What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

1qaz

Juniors
Mamo was head and shoulders the best on the park today in NYC. He bounces around like a pinball like circa 2002 Anthony Minichiello. Yes he needs to put about 5kg on, but that can be done in an offseason. He is going to be a special player, as is Sione.

I will make the bold prediction that Jimmy and probably Aku won't be starting on the wing in 2016.

I don't buy into the whole need to put on the kilos during the off season business.
You only need to see how it has affected Barba's game this year.
What make these smaller players so good is because they are small and light on their feet.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Honestly I'm not feeling all the Chanel love. He's very good but I've seen nothing special to suggest he'll hold McManus or Uate back.

Now Sione is special. He's gotta be in the side somewhere.

Yep Sione is already there and up to standard(and only going to get better)

I think Chanel still needs more time in the lower grades to learn his craft, particularly defensively...although it is a problem right across our backline - that ability to read, communicate and execute is one of our significant problems that neeeds fixing before we could be a consistent contender for top 4-6.

K-Man

Bench
I believe Sione will be spoken about in the same sentence as Hayne and Inglis in 5-10 years. The kid is marquee all the way. Not since Joey have i seen an obvious future champion evolve from this club. Size, balance and pace all in abundance and he is barely an adult. Stone has one priority signing. Upgrade him now and piss off whoever it takes to keep him as he is a player your build a club around. Bennett said it. Future captain , and if we do not guaranteed a Benny led Broncs will. Don't buy for a second Bennett will not try to persuade him.

That is a massive call. To be an Inglis or a Hayne he hast to dominate matches all on his own and be unique.

I'm not sure I see him as that type of prodigy. I see him more in the bracket of guaranteed well above average outside back - I've never had less doubt about a kid 'making it'. but making it doesn't equate to being the next Inglis.

I'd settle for Sione having the career Matt Cooper had with the Dragons and at rep level. That's not selling him short.

aqua_duck

Coach
Yep Sione is already there and up to standard(and only going to get better)

I think Chanel still needs more time in the lower grades to learn his craft, particularly defensively...although it is a problem right across our backline - that ability to read, communicate and execute is one of our significant problems that neeeds fixing before we could be a consistent contender for top 4-6.

That is a massive call. To be an Inglis or a Hayne he hast to dominate matches all on his own and be unique.

I'm not sure I see him as that type of prodigy. I see him more in the bracket of guaranteed well above average outside back - I've never had less doubt about a kid 'making it'. but making it doesn't equate to being the next Inglis.

I'd settle for Sione having the career Matt Cooper had with the Dragons and at rep level. That's not selling him short.
I'm not sure he's got Hayne/Inglis type potential but Matt Cooper is a pretty conservative estimate, I'd say more Justin Hodges. In lower grades he always played against kids 2-3 years older, and was still unstoppable. Cooper was a late bloomer who didn't make 1st grade till he was 21, and was solid for the first few years of his career, didn't burst on to the rep scene till he was 25. If it takes Sione another 7 years to play rep football I'll be shocked.

1qaz

Juniors
Like I have posted before, he's more like a Karmichael Hunt. Just mature beyond their years. Hunt was also groomed as the next captain as well.
Like K-man posted, Hodges, Inglis, Hayne etc can rip teams apart with their running game and can create something out of nothing.

perverse

Referee
Rumours doing the rounds that the Broncos are courting Gagai. Dead set, if they can fit him in the cap, they are 100% taking the piss - and so are the NRL.

1qaz

Juniors
Come on Fredrick.. Don't be like that.
Didn't I say expect some players wanting out if Stone was appointed head coach. First Mase, now this..

Ok other news... congrats to Macca and his missus purchasing a block of land next to their current place.
They are building a new home to cater for Macca needs.

voltron

Juniors
and it would mean we could put sione in the centres
and not risk losing him for the moment
lol

Knight Vision

First Grade
Rumours doing the rounds that the Broncos are courting Gagai. Dead set, if they can fit him in the cap, they are 100% taking the piss - and so are the NRL.

One of the main reasons I have turned off footy over the years. Its hardly a level playing field , to the point where it is a joke. Why watch a comp where its obvious the other team has an upper hand when it comes to recruitment. You cant even mention it on this forum or your post is deleted.

Yosh

Coach
If Gagai leaves, that'll be pretty bad but not terrible. We have cover in the backs. Really need like two GOOD forwards.

Noname36

First Grade
Just yesterday Bennett was asked would he be taking Gagai to Brisbane and he said no he was under contract.

Noname36

First Grade
He is under contract for next year, 2016 however, he isn't. I'd say if this move happens at all it will be 2016.

Yeah, could be as a replacement for Hodges. Can't sign before Nov for 2016 anyway. It would be very dumb by Gagai when he has a chance to up his price next year.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Come on Fredrick.. Don't be like that.
Didn't I say expect some players wanting out if Stone was appointed head coach. First Mase, now this..

Ok other news... congrats to Macca and his missus purchasing a block of land next to their current place.
They are building a new home to cater for Macca needs.

So you're suggesting Mason has decided to leave due to not liking the coach???? Is that right??? We're did you hear this?

Last edited:

Latest posts