What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Frederick

Staff member
I though packer was going to have his visa cancelled and be deported back to NZ when he finished his jail term

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I'll be incredibly pissed if he went anywhere bar here or back to NZ because of vise cut off. If he went to another club and the knights let him go and he plays well I'd be livid.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Did we scrap his contract when he was sentenced? Or is there a chance they may have left it open for him to honor the contract once released?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
If that's the case we need a good signing for a front rower. We have Sims who
Is second row. So we need a front rower. Let alone a coach! Ha. Hannant probably not. No Packer. We need something.

Noname36

First Grade
Hannant will stay in Brisbane now Bennett is going up there. We're screwed in the prop department. I'd be going hard for Perrett from the Dogs. I know we wouldn't be the most attractive option but we could at least promise him a FG position.

If we can't get anyone though (likely) we should front end everyone's contracts and go on a spending spree for 2016 when a lot of talent is coming off-contract.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Scrapped, and there is no chance Dave Smith will want him anywhere near the place.

Id imagine, if he was to come back to the NRL, he would have to do a year or so in the NSW Cup to keep him away from the spotlight (while still keeping him in RL) as he improved his image/proves himself to be reformed...

slotmachine

First Grade
That's if they let a violent criminal back. Smith is all about cleaning up leagues image to get women and corporates on board.

League_God

Juniors
1.Sione Matautai
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.Joey Leilua
5.-
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Tyrone Roberts
8.Kade Snowden
9.Adam Clydesdale
10.Korbin Sims
11.Beau Scott
12.Tariq Sims
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Kurt Gidley
15.Robbie Rochow
16.-
17.-

the three blank positions are up for grabs. The winger will be either Aku, Mamo or Chanel.

That forward pack looks fairly fierce. When everyone plays to their potential we really only need a prop or two and we can honestly win a grand final.

Sure as hell can't argue with our backline! Hopefully Boyd does keep his word and leaves which will give us money to upgrade some contracts and towards another prop.

Hopefully next year a few of our NYC boys can begin to step up.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That's if they let a violent criminal back. Smith is all about cleaning up leagues image to get women and corporates on board.

Its all well and good to say "we dont want d*ckheads in RL", but it would be far more profitable (from a branding point of view) to represent the game as a place where "bad" people can redeem themselves and become "good" people.

De-register im from NRL if you like ,but bring him back into the state leagues (away form the spotlight) and use him to connect to parents with troubled kids; RL is a community to fall back on, its a game that teaches self-discipline and respect and is an avenue to release energy that could otherwise be used for anti-social activity (Read: anything a parent worries will get their kid thrown in jail).

(it works for churches....)

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Its all well and good to say "we dont want d*ckheads in RL", but it would be far more profitable (from a branding point of view) to represent the game as a place where "bad" people can redeem themselves and become "good" people.

Ahh, no.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...performing-clubs/story-fndujljl-1227002017169
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s-offfield-image/story-fndujljl-1227002032783

You're not going to disenfranchise core NRL supporters by kicking blokes like Carney or Packer out of the game.

On the other hand, you certainly won't entice squeaky clean corporates or women and families who aren't already on board by packing teams full of players who indulge in violent crime, domestic violence and sexual assault.

The fact Lui is still in the NRL is a joke. Before Smith's time though.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Id imagine, if he was to come back to the NRL, he would have to do a year or so in the NSW Cup to keep him away from the spotlight (while still keeping him in RL) as he improved his image/proves himself to be reformed...
Isn't jail supposed to reform people ?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Ahh, no.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...performing-clubs/story-fndujljl-1227002017169
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s-offfield-image/story-fndujljl-1227002032783

You're not going to disenfranchise core NRL supporters by kicking blokes like Carney or Packer out of the game.

On the other hand, you certainly won't entice squeaky clean corporates or women and families who aren't already on board by packing teams full of players who indulge in violent crime, domestic violence and sexual assault.
The fact Lui is still in the NRL is a joke. Before Smith's time though.
I dont really care if squeaky clean who evers dont like the game, in fact they will more than likely want to change it from its already watered down version of the original. No shoulder, charge no biff , no this no that. Let them play marbles or golf, or let them take Johnny to the soccer. There will always be the element of society that loves to watch gladiatorial combat in the form of hard body contact sport.

The young men who play the game are human and imperfect, a real cross section of our society with all its ills. This phenomenon in society where everyone professes to know judge and condemn everyone else for their mistakes is disturbing.