What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im predicting no one will be suspended for anything. If ASADA had anything worth going on they would not be offering such "sweet" deals to the players in question. What do ASADA have to gain from doing that? Saving face is pretty much it by hoping someone falls on their swords

I think the players will collectively tell them to shove it

Noname36

First Grade
Im predicting no one will be suspended for anything. If ASADA had anything worth going on they would not be offering such "sweet" deals to the players in question. What do ASADA have to gain from doing that? Saving face is pretty much it by hoping someone falls on their swords

I think the players will collectively tell them to shove it

Yep. ASADA have nothing.

Stupid question. Can Snowy and Jezza train with the squad with their bans? Interesting words from Gallen. The current Sharks players are tossing up whether to cop the bans sweet, which essentially destroys their careers and reputations, or else wait to see how Essendon's court case pans out before deciding their next legal avenue. I hope they wait to see what the Bombers do just to piss ASADA off. Their is a real smugness to ASADA.

Last edited:
Yeah they should fight it as their are huge issues regarding ASADA going outside of their powers during the investigation which is what essendon are contesting. If it is found that ASADA have indeed gone outside their scope it would make their investigation unlawful and therefore no convictions will be made.

slotmachine

First Grade
Stupid question. Can Snowy and Jezza train with the squad with their bans?

No.

And the AFL situation is completely different. 1) There was no joint NRL/ASADA investigation and 2) The Sharks have said they will not be contesting the ASADA decision on behalf of the players due to the cost involved.

An ex federal court judge reviewed ASADA's evidence before the show cause notices were approved, I doubt he would have advised them to go ahead if ASADA had a weak case.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Only if they were one of the 5 offered the "deal" and they take it.

I also heard today that ASADA actually dont have the authority to ban anyone, they can only advise the sports governing body what ban should be handed down. It will be up to the NRL to decide upon and enforce any such sanctions

Rod

Bench
So it looks like:

- ASADA have little to nothing otherwise they'd have already done something about it.
- They're offering stupidly minor bans to save face and just say they caught someone.
- I'm annoyed at myself for even bothering to post about this because the whole thing has been such an epic farce.

Obviously the players have a choice between accepting a small ban that doesn't really mean anything, but hurts their reputation, or fighting it and dragging this thing out even further.

Noname36

First Grade
Okay so with Midley pretty much confirming there's nobody else coming in, what are we looking at for next year?

Assuming Bennett will probably end up taking Mataora with him I'm expecting we'll see:

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Uate

6. Mullen
7. Roberts

8. Snowden (ASADA??)
9. Clydesdale
10. K Sims
11. Scott
12. T Sims
13. Smith (ASADA??)

With Rochow, Tapine, Vai Vai + any of Fa'alogo, Houston, Waddell depending on who is re-signed + rookies in Packau and Taylor to fill the bench.

I want Sione (and probably Mamo - although there's things he can at least work on in NSW Cup unlike Sione) in the side but unfortunately I can't see him getting picked unless there's injuries. Hopefully Stone makes his decisions based on his 2 years to perform and not on loyalty to old blokes like Gids and Macca.

K-Man

Bench
Okay so with Midley pretty much confirming there's nobody else coming in, what are we looking at for next year?

Assuming Bennett will probably end up taking Mataora with him I'm expecting we'll see:

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Uate

6. Mullen
7. Roberts

8. Snowden (ASADA??)
9. Clydesdale
10. K Sims
11. Scott
12. T Sims
13. Smith (ASADA??)

With Rochow, Tapine, Vai Vai + any of Fa'alogo, Houston, Waddell depending on who is re-signed + rookies in Packau and Taylor to fill the bench.

I want Sione (and probably Mamo - although there's things he can at least work on in NSW Cup unlike Sione) in the side but unfortunately I can't see him getting picked unless there's injuries. Hopefully Stone makes his decisions based on his 2 years to perform and not on loyalty to old blokes like Gids and Macca.

It's so short on depth in the front row. Assuming the likely scenario of having at least 2-3 forwards out injured/suspended/on rep duty/retired/in prison at any particular time, we could very quickly get to the point of not having a single recognised prop in the first grade team.

Rochow will have to move into the middle because we have no other options, but I can't see him firing there to be honest.

Tapine has played 2 games at prop in NYC but that doesn't make him a prop. Again I think this is an experiment based on the fact we know we need more middle forwards. I reckon they're grooming Tapine for bench backrow, where he would mostly replace J. Smith and play lock but also spend some time on the fringes where he's at his best.

And if Smith is out I think we'll see a lot of T. Sims in the middle.

2 more props are surely a must, I just don't see how we can compete without some depth.

A big no to Tariq in the middle. He is far too effective on the edges. In fact he is lethal. His form for NQ will see him make the Kangaroos squad IMO. He will be the bolter.

K-Man

Bench
A big no to Tariq in the middle. He is far too effective on the edges. In fact he is lethal. His form for NQ will see him make the Kangaroos squad IMO. He will be the bolter.

I wouldn't do it either, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

Stone will have to find 6 middle forwards from somewhere (three starters and three on the bench) so if we're not bringing in any new players then the reality is there will be people playing out of what we perceive to be their optimal positions.

Let's say Smith is injured and Tapine is treated as a wide backrower (as I believe he should be). Who starts at lock? Almost certainly Tariq.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think both House and Faalongo will be kept on to sure up our Prop stocks

Korbin playing in the middle interchanging with Smith

Rochow moving to prop

Tariq taking Rochows spot on the left edge

So I can see a 2015 pack of:

8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. Rochow
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Waddel
15. K. Sims
16. Houston
17. Tapine/Vai Vai/miracle signing

Whats Doing

Bench

Rochow moving to prop

8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. Rochow
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Waddel
15. K. Sims
16. Houston

He has big wraps on him :D

K-Man

Bench

Rochow moving to prop

8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. Rochow
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Waddel
15. K. Sims
16. Houston

Looks okay until the injuries hit. Take out Snowden, Smith, and K. Sims... now who plays where?

macavity

Referee
Waddell isn't signed for next year btw guys.

Quite sad when we are left hoping we sign Waddell.....

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I reckon Roberts should play hooker next year and rotate with Clydsdale. I have been impressed with him there and he had one of his better games this year off the bench (I forget who it was against though, but he came on at hooker and turned the game). His lack of consistency worries me when he's in the halves and I reckon a switch to dummy half with a proper off-season there could be the best thing for his career.

Last edited: