What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Yosh

Coach
Coach: Rick Stone

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. K Sims
11. T Sims
12. B Scott

14. Roberts
15. Rochow

We still need some quality forwards in my opinion.

TooheysNew

Coach

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. K Sims
11. T Sims
12. B Scott

14. Roberts
15. Rochow

That's the first team you've ever put forward that didn't have SBW in it mate. ;-)

Noname36

First Grade

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Leilua
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. K Sims
11. T Sims
12. B Scott

14. Roberts
15. Rochow

If Stone is coach Houston, Hilder, Newton and probably Vai Vai will be in the side. He'll probably bring Tets back too. It's obviously not ideal but I don't think we'll be able to sign anyone else for next year. We'll have a heap of cash to throw around for 2016 when there's more quality though. We'll have Boyd's 600k, Gidley + Smiths (if he doesn't leave this year) money and everything we have lying around now as it is.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Apart from Hannant there is no one to sign even if Hasler, Bellamy or Maguire were coach.

That's what happens when you leave it too late.

Noname36

First Grade
^ blokes like Hannant, McKendry, Perrett, Gavet, Molo, etc are still all available I think. There are blokes left to sign. We won't do it but there is some talent left.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but in light of recent events I think we should maybe offer Mason a one year extension. I know he's had it, but he's the leader, and if the leader stays there's more chance the rest will stay. The young blokes all have a great relationship with him and it's common knowledge that if you target the leader the rest will fall into line. I think carrying him for another year (when we can't sign anyone else anyway) will be worth the risk to improve our chances of the squad and moral not completely falling apart.

slotmachine

First Grade
McKendry and Gavet aren't available until 2016. Perrett, true.

Mason for 20 minutes off the bench wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Better than throwing money at some other scrub.

aqua_duck

Coach
I highly doubt we won't sign anyone else especially considering Boyd is pissing off, Stone and Mulholland still have a job to do to put out a competitive side and even if we keep Vai Vai, Houston and Mason there still are still stop in the squad to be filled

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I think Mataora could be a decent squad filler for next year and possible bench prop. Was impressed with the amount of work he did in NSW Cup last week and he had some strong carries. He was easily our best prop on the field, I thought.

Jake could be for us what Slater and Hayne are to Melbourne and Parra respectively. A player who can literally own a game at will. The passion JM I loved to see as well. We need 17 blokes with the blue and red blood. The biggest change is at skipper. It should be Beau. I fear Mullo might either leave or go back to his old tricks and drop the head without Wayne around. I have a lot of time for Mullo but he can no longer be in the transit lounge in big moments. The next coach may need to closely look at halfback.

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
It be interesting to see how Mamo develops over the next few years.
He's got plenty of raw talent but I what I like about him he's a real competitor. Something that other wannabe Billy Slater over the years lacked. Nathan Gardner for example.

If Stone becomes head coach, I wouldn't be surprise if he gives Nathan Ross a go at fullback. He's a big fan.

A fullback to keep your eye out for coming through the the Knights ranks is Matt Cooper.

slotmachine

First Grade
It be interesting to see how Mamo develops over the next few years.
He's got plenty of raw talent but I what I like about him he's a real competitor.

yeah agree. love that he gets fired up.

trying to be objective, what i've seen of him in first grade is that he has fantastic pace, looks nervous under the high ball but manages to reel them in, and needs to put on some size so as not to get dominated in the tackle (or go the jimmy mac route and flop straight to ground). no idea if he can position himself in defence, ball play or do anything else a FB needs to do.

Noname36

First Grade
I'd like to see Mamo get a go at fullback too but I fear it will be Kidley. We have more chance of him staying for a fullback shot now too. He might walk if he gets a better offer (especially from Bennett) when Macca and Aku are 2 seasons at the very least off retirement.

Hopefully the backline stay healthy for the rest of the season and so can Mamo so he can go back to NYC and play fullback for the rest of the season and work on his skills. If the boys throw the towel in and cop a few floggings piss Boyd off ASAP and give him a run at fullback then to see how he handles it.

Next year I'd like to see:

1. Mamo

6. Mullo
7. Gids (shudder)

9. Clydesdale

14. Roberts

Year after that we should use Boyd and Gidley's money to throw at a young top line halfback that can lead us into the future after Mullo hangs up the boots.

Last edited:
I think you may find that Scott will have a get out clause in his contract if bennett is not the coach. Expect him to return to the Dragons or go to the Sharks. Either way he is gooooone.

Spot On

Coach
Geez, after the pizzling Beau has copped from opposition fans after his origin performances it a wonder any team would want such a poor player on their roster, not to mention the Drags didn't want him three years ago so not sure why they'd want him back now. Apparently he is regressing and close to over the hill. :crazy:

As far as our roster goes there's only three blokes I'd be upset to see leave and that's Beau, Mullo and Clydesdale.

I think you may find that Scott will have a get out clause in his contract if bennett is not the coach. Expect him to return to the Dragons or go to the Sharks. Either way he is gooooone.

Which would explain his four year deal when Bennett was contracted for only three of those....... Mate do you think clubs just have cap space waiting around for Beau and Boyd to follow their coach wherever he ends up? I doubt he will leave. Beau is a honourable fella.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I'd like to see Mamo get a go at fullback too but I fear it will be Kidley. We have more chance of him staying for a fullback shot now too. He might walk if he gets a better offer (especially from Bennett) when Macca and Aku are 2 seasons at the very least off retirement.

Hopefully the backline stay healthy for the rest of the season and so can Mamo so he can go back to NYC and play fullback for the rest of the season and work on his skills. If the boys throw the towel in and cop a few floggings piss Boyd off ASAP and give him a run at fullback then to see how he handles it.

Next year I'd like to see:

1. Mamo

6. Mullo
7. Gids (shudder)

9. Clydesdale

14. Roberts

Year after that we should use Boyd and Gidley's money to throw at a young top line halfback that can lead us into the future after Mullo hangs up the boots

I honestly imagine this will be Tyrone Roberts...

He has a young Cooper Cronk-feel to him; potential and ability that just doesnt seem to translate on the field.

Im not saying its a certainty, but if he does become dominant player itll be off the back of an apprenticeship of the bench as a supporting utility. I reckon think he'll come good until 25/26yeaars old, then he'll begin to outclass Mullen...

Latest posts