What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
With brisbane population growing will we one day see bigger tv audiences there than in sydney? Fri was pretty close.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Is that typical of the 2nd Friday match? Good ratings for a late replay. Game needs to be moved to a Sun arvo though.

undertaker

Coach
With brisbane population growing will we one day see bigger tv audiences there than in sydney? Fri was pretty close.
IIRC, Lockyer's farewell home game against Manly in the final round of 2011 rated higher in Brisbane than Sydney (remains one of the highest rated Ch9 Sunday arvo matches, and was also broadcast live after much lobbying from the Broncos)

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Yes, I can confirm I was correct RE: Brisbane ratings higher than Sydney's for Broncos vs Sea Eagles in Rd 26, 2011

http://tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/week-37-4.html

14 Nine’s Sunday Football Nine 647,000 314,000 *** 333,000 *** ***

and also for the Broncos following week's home finals match vs Warriors:

5 Rugby League Final Series Qf2 Nine 794,000 380,000 19,000 389,000 3,000 2,000

Last edited:

BlueandGold

Juniors
Sydney Metro ave for Friday nights 372k
Brisbane Metro ave for Friday nights 206k

https://twitter.com/RL_Ratings

I dont see Brisbane taking over sydney for Metros any time soon, maybe one here and there but as a whole Sydney will have Larger Tv ratings for a very long time to come.

mongoose

Coach
is that across both Friday games?

considering the Sydney metro population is still more than double that of Brisbane's, they are good ratings for Brisbane.

BlueandGold

Juniors
is that across both Friday games?

considering the Sydney metro population is still more than double that of Brisbane's, they are good ratings for Brisbane.

Friday night late game ave is

Sydney 218k
Brisbane 90k

Sunday fta Metro is

Sydney ave 294k
Brisbane ave 129k

See the only reason the ratings on Friday are over half of Sydney is because of the Friday night Broncos.

The rest of the FTA slots the Brisbane ratings are less then half that of Sydney.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Next Friday night will be the second consecutive week that the Broncos match will be broadcast live into both NSW and QLD. Will be interesting to see how that will rate.

Canard

Immortal
The figures for Brisbane aren't so hot.

Easter School Holidays?

I notice that top rating shows like MKR was only at 196,000 in Brisbane. And down about half a million from its normal ratings Australia wide

Latest posts