What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is 3500 for fta across the country and 1480 for pay tv. Ok when big numbers but when small numbers the sampling is way too small to have any accuracy around it. No one I know has a box, they all watch NRL. If just half of them did the nrl tv viewing figures for Perth would be 50k plus every week!

BuffaloRules

Coach
You have to remember the sample group is so small that to then apply it to the overall population is very iffy. One box per 5000 people in Perth. So according to the figures 4 households with boxes watched the first game, less than one (how they get that I have no idea, I think 7k is just a default number given how often we see it!) the second.

I don't buy this argument of the sample size being too small...

Advertisers and TV companies make multi million dollar decisions based on the results... They must have some faith in the data...

The results seem pretty consistent each week as well -7K...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Souths doing the NRL's job and growing the game and their fan base in Perth. There was actually a little bit of hype in the paper in the week leading up meaning people actually knew a game was on!

They know there is a one off game on Friday afternoon but don't realise there is the usual game every Friday night?

babyg

Juniors
I wonder how many have purchased the app?

This is the most league I've watched in a long time since getting the App. I reckon it's making a huge difference. Getting a piece of nearly every game.

They must know the stats

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't buy this argument of the sample size being too small...

Advertisers and TV companies make multi million dollar decisions based on the results... They must have some faith in the data...

The results seem pretty consistent each week as well -7K...

Thing is you can't possibly have a 7k tv audience when each box represents 6k people. Did a 1/4 of a person in one household watch a game? 350 boxes representing 2.2million people. Not sure that is a particularly huge sample size! I agree. Am staggered advertisers use these figures to base multi million $ decisions on!

Perth Red

Post Whore
They know there is a one off game on Friday afternoon but don't realise there is the usual game every Friday night?

You miss the point, there was hype about watching the game. After watching one game it would see, most turned off for the second. Popularity of the teams involved maybe? Maybe people are bored of watching Brisbane? Maybe after the drama of the first game the second seemed a dud? Maybe of the 3.5 households with a box watching game one two of them went and lit the bbq? Who knows.

babyg

Juniors
Thing is you can't possibly have a 7k tv audience when each box represents 6k people. Did a 1/4 of a person in one household watch a game? 350 boxes representing 2.2million people. Not sure that is a particularly huge sample size! I agree. Am staggered advertisers use these figures to base multi million $ decisions on!

You can't have a quarter of a person but a person can watch a quarter of the game.

Sample sizes are fine. It's all statistics. It works.

Latest posts