What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

undertaker

Coach

undertaker

Coach
Even worse then I expected. Is this the lowest figure ever for an NRL game on Fox Sports?

For a live match on Fox Sports, I'd have to say yes. The only other matches that have been low have been the delayed Saturday 7:30pm match at 9:30pm (pre-2007).

undertaker

Coach
It baffles me the ratings over there... What are people watching instead I wonder?

The Broncos are a universally popular team compared to most...I would have thought there would be some Qld expats over there...

Yet 5-7K seems to be the norm each game even on the slowest pubic holiday of the year with the main competition giving them a free hit..

Except for a game on between 1-3pm ... Very strange..

Looks like the people of Perth don't want to listen to Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

undertaker

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if Ch9 choose Broncos vs Roosters as the live Ch9 game into NSW and QLD. They'd be stupid to show the Sharks live into NSW.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i'm always surprised how Brisbane viewers really don't watch much unless a Queensland team is playing

and they call themselves the Rugby League capital

insert.pause

First Grade
i'm always surprised how Brisbane viewers really don't watch much unless a Queensland team is playing

and they call themselves the Rugby League capital

And yet they did last friday for eels V souths? Yesterday was a snorfest on a day when people traditionally do other things than watch tv.

undertaker

Coach
The game being shown live in Brisbane made FA difference...

Hopefully we can put it down to Easter Sunday...

At the same time, that's three of the first 5 live Sunday FTA matches that have rated over 300k in Sydney. Live Sunday football on Ch9 is here to stay. Given the Sharks were coming last and winless, those are pretty good ratings. Bulldogs/Souths getting 400k+ in Sydney outside of primetime (leading into Nine News, which got a massive 500k+) shows why Ch9 were desperate to get their hands on the Good Friday match this year after they screwed up having two Friday night matches on Good Friday last year (and hence Fox Sports got Bulldogs/Souths instead). That will go close to the highest rated afternoon match during the regular season.

Seriously though, if the folk up north in Brisbane are too half-arsed to watch the game live in the coming weeks, Ch9 should just replay the game at midnight up there with this logo plastered all over the screen whilst put repeats of The Big Bang Theory on at 4pm:

wwods.png

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering I havent had a decent picture on my foxtel for 10 days and have had to watch games on my ipad, inc now, I am not surprised! They have one chance to sort it out or my $120 a month subscription is cancelled!

Perth Red

Post Whore
21K for Perth is their best for the year.

Wonder what the reasons were?

Souths doing the NRL's job and growing the game and their fan base in Perth. There was actually a little bit of hype in the paper in the week leading up meaning people actually knew a game was on!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah it was a quality match up buts it's on between 1- 3pm local time...

The second game was live between 5-7pm and only gets 7k...

It worries me that on public holiday with no AFL up against it that it can't get more...

You have to remember the sample group is so small that to then apply it to the overall population is very iffy. One box per 5000 people in Perth. So according to the figures 4 households with boxes watched the first game, less than one (how they get that I have no idea, I think 7k is just a default number given how often we see it!) the second.

nrlnrl

First Grade
You have to remember the sample group is so small that to then apply it to the overall population is very iffy. One box per 5000 people in Perth. So according to the figures 4 households with boxes watched the first game, less than one (how they get that I have no idea, I think 7k is just a default number given how often we see it!) the second.

Can someone please tell me the number of boxes the ratings are based on ? Someone told me it was 10,000. Surely it should be at least 100,000 to give a truer indication.

Latest posts