What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

DC_fan

Coach
I suspect C9 had a lot to do with that kickoff time. Maybe with the slight drop off in viewing numbers they may think about kicking off game 2 a little earlier.

Diesel

Referee
Surely when the last tv deal was signed, I doubt 9 was given total control over KO times? In saying that was half time shorter?
In the mid 90's I thought KO was more around 7:45, now it's 8:22, which on a school night isn't attracting the next generation of fans.
I'd like a please explain but that's never going to happen

insert.pause

First Grade
They probably overbooked ad spots and put more in the beginning, should just get rid of CA for the night and start it at 7 with kick off 7:45 at absolute latest.

Surely when the last tv deal was signed, I doubt 9 was given total control over KO times? In saying that was half time shorter?
In the mid 90's I thought KO was more around 7:45, now it's 8:22, which on a school night isn't attracting the next generation of fans.
I'd like a please explain but that's never going to happen

Half time was around 18-20 minutes. It was super long

nrlnrl

First Grade
I find it hard to believe so much importance is placed on these figures given the sample is only 10,000. Surely there is a better way of collating the data ?

Does anyone know the method currently used in the US for tv ratings & the numbers involved ? I realise USA has a population of over 300 million compared to about 23 million, but for something that dictates so many people's jobs - directly in tv & other areas like advertising etc you'd think a truer indication of viewers would be implemented.

Canard

Immortal
I find it hard to believe so much importance is placed on these figures given the sample is only 10,000. Surely there is a better way of collating the data ?

Does anyone know the method currently used in the US for tv ratings & the numbers involved ? I realise USA has a population of over 300 million compared to about 23 million, but for something that dictates so many people's jobs - directly in tv & other areas like advertising etc you'd think a truer indication of viewers would be implemented.

Mate your about the thousandth person to post this.

Your not far wrong of course, but unfortunately is the system that is valued by advertisers and broadcasters.

insert.pause

First Grade

that's how statistics work, they can get a pretty good estimate from a small sample size.

Cletus

First Grade
that's how statistics work, they can get a pretty good estimate from a small sample size.

Just look how accurate the political polls are, they use similar sample sizes. It may sound like it would be wildly inaccurate but it works.

Diesel

Referee
Noticed tonight when they advertised next weeks games they mentioned Victoria as having both Friday games at the same time as NSW, would that be on 9 or GEM?

Interesting they're advertising Vic, I guess they must be in negotiating stages with NRL? It's very unlike 9

Latest posts