What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
SOO is on ch9 in Perth due to Ashes on Gem. Be interesting to see if there is much of a boost compared to first two games on Gem.

BuffaloRules

Coach
SOO is on ch9 in Perth due to Ashes on Gem. Be interesting to see if there is much of a boost compared to first two games on Gem.

Well.. With all the excuses you have come up with in the past to explain away poor RL ratings in Perth because they were shown on Gem, I'm expecting the usual Perth Origin audience to double...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well.. With all the excuses you have come up with in the past to explain away poor RL ratings in Perth because they were shown on Gem, I'm expecting the usual Perth Origin audience to double...

Sadly the usual lack of promotion of RL by Ch9 remains the same. Nothing this weekend promoting Origin in the print or on TV out West. Still with it following the news and starting at 6.15pm I reckon if we get up to around 180-200k it will be a very solid result.

ps there are four reasons (note not excuses)
1. Buried on Gem
2. Lack of promotion
3. KO time in the west (particularly Friday night)
4. Lack off profile for NRL here due to NRL's lack of vision and action

JW

Coach
wonder how the ratings will go tonight with the cricket on at the same time?

Will likely be a bit of flicking between the two and obviously some competition for the casual watcher. Numbers might drop off quicker than usual if the game blows out a bit (by Origin standards).

Still should rate it's tits off.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Yep, ratings will be very lackluster for obvious reasons.

Oh well, not all the games can be good. And the best went to Melbourne which is a good thing.

insert.pause

First Grade
they held up all right considering everything, Sydney was impacted the most, the others were probably around avg for most origin games.

Generalzod

Immortal
Other than the networks who really takes these rating seriously eg there were 2.4 million viewers accross Australia that saw the second State of Origin, Australia has a population of say 26 million what were the rest of the viewing public watching...

insert.pause

First Grade
Other than the networks who really takes these rating seriously eg there were 2.4 million viewers accross Australia that saw the second State of Origin, Australia has a population of say 26 million what were the rest of the viewing public watching...

game 2 was over 2.6m metro, 3.9m national, doesn't take into account pubs, clubs or public gatherings.

I always thought they got the average person per household from the census and then just multiped that by the number of TV's watching.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm staggered it got a lot less on ch9 than gem in Perth? Wtf? Do they just count people who tuned in for the whole game?

Wed TV #Origin Nine/GEM 2,207,000 (Syd 847k Mel 358k Bri 845k Ade 62k Per 96k)

insert.pause

First Grade
I'm staggered it got a lot less on ch9 than gem in Perth? Wtf? Do they just count people who tuned in for the whole game?

It was over after 20mins, It's the average audience over the entire match.

BuffaloRules

Coach

Maybe Perth people can operate a TV remote after all?

If they cant, are they the type of audience that the NRL wants going forward?

Latest posts