What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TV ratings

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not surprised by the sunday ratings, most people don't have 12 hours to devote to sport in a day and the footy was on at 12 and 2pm hardly the time of day people are in front of the tv

Saturday afternoon ratings are what they are, its a weak slot TV wise but not every slot can be strong. But the crowds at 3pm saturday have been consistently strong and it should be a permanent feature imo

BuffaloRules

Coach
Even worse then I expected. Is this the lowest figure ever for an NRL game on Fox Sports?

What did you expect out of interest?

Going head to head with the opening session of one of the biggest sporting events in Australia's recent history...

We're you watching this game or Starc tearing MCCullum a new one?

DC_fan

Coach
What did you expect out of interest?

Going head to head with the opening session of one of the biggest sporting events in Australia's recent history...

We're you watching this game or Starc tearing MCCullum a new one?

Don't listen to the serial dribbler El Diablo. Has anyone got a bib for that guy? He certainly needs one. Must need to change his shirt every 5 minutes or so.

But back to your question. I thought it would get 80-90,000 viewers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Don't listen to the serial dribbler El Diablo. Has anyone got a bib for that guy? He certainly needs one. Must need to change his shirt every 5 minutes or so.

But back to your question. I thought it would get 80-90,000 viewers.

:lol:

all you do is constantly complain

Billythekid

First Grade
Not surprised by the sunday ratings, most people don't have 12 hours to devote to sport in a day and the footy was on at 12 and 2pm hardly the time of day people are in front of the tv

Saturday afternoon ratings are what they are, its a weak slot TV wise but not every slot can be strong. But the crowds at 3pm saturday have been consistently strong and it should be a permanent feature imo

Saturday afternoon will never be a ratings winner but it has got to be better than showing a game at 9.30 on a Saturday night.

DC_fan

Coach
Fri TV #NRL 4pm #NRLBulldogsSouths Nine 560k (Syd 415k Bri 144k) GEM 52k (Mel 31k Per 21k)
https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/sta...21439990616064
Nice figures for Sydney. But Brisbane numbers are down on what I would expect.

Fri TV #NRL Evening #NRLTitansBroncos Nine 480k (Syd 227k Bri 253k) GEM 64k (Mel 57k Per 7k)
[URL="https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/sta...21503144255489"]https://twitter.com/MediaweekAUS/sta...21503144255489[/URL]

The 8.30pm start for Sydney looks to have been a turn off.

insert.pause

First Grade
Nice figures for Sydney. But Brisbane numbers are down on what I would expect.

The 8.30pm start for Sydney looks to have been a turn off.

delayed in qld! The way the game ended would have made it close to impossible to avoid result.

night game should have kicked off at 7.

TV ratings are always low during Easter, that's why it's non-ratings period.

gallagher

Juniors
21K for Perth is their best for the year.

Wonder what the reasons were?

Quality of game and timing.
Usually the first friday game is on at 4pm on a work day, yesterday being a public holiday meant people were home to see it.
Only 7k returned for the broncos/hadley game. I cant remember the last time I watched the second game that didnt involve my team.

Dogs Of War

Coach
delayed in qld! The way the game ended would have made it close to impossible to avoid result.

night game should have kicked off at 7.

TV ratings are always low during Easter, that's why it's non-ratings period.
Once my phone started going off I figured Souths won a close one.

Thank god it's the last delayed game (except for Friday nights)

BuffaloRules

Coach
Quality of game and timing.
Usually the first friday game is on at 4pm on a work day, yesterday being a public holiday meant people were home to see it.
Only 7k returned for the broncos/hadley game. I cant remember the last time I watched the second game that didnt involve my team.

Yeah it was a quality match up buts it's on between 1- 3pm local time...

The second game was live between 5-7pm and only gets 7k...

It worries me that on public holiday with no AFL up against it that it can't get more...

gallagher

Juniors
Yeah it was a quality match up buts it's on between 1- 3pm local time...

The second game was live between 5-7pm and only gets 7k...

It worries me that on public holiday with no AFL up against it that it can't get more...

Its surprising seeing that league is getting more and more popular over here. I gave the 2nd match about 15mins, maybe if the games were back to back may have helped.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Its surprising seeing that league is getting more and more popular over here. I gave the 2nd match about 15mins, maybe if the games were back to back may have helped.

It baffles me the ratings over there... What are people watching instead I wonder?

The Broncos are a universally popular team compared to most...I would have thought there would be some Qld expats over there...

Yet 5-7K seems to be the norm each game even on the slowest pubic holiday of the year with the main competition giving them a free hit..

Except for a game on between 1-3pm ... Very strange..