What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

mattyg

Bench
Change the 6pm kickoff to 6.30pm sunday and you got no complaints from me. Channel 9 could have been onto a winner with a 4pm game and 6.30pm game with the news in between. Would be much better than 6pm friday! Plus 6.30pm Sunday isn't too late really to take the family out, especially if they pick the right game / venue for them.

seanoff

Juniors
6pm would be a struggle in a small place like Darwin. in Brisbane and Sydney it would be close to impossible for a decent chunk of any possible crowd.

who thought it would be a good idea to do that?

Band On The Run

Juniors
Missed the first 5 mins of the game because of the early kickoff

7.35pm would be ideal... if only QLD would just get daylight saving (one day)

You would have to be a bit simple to go home and back for a Friday night game at Suncorp if you worked in the city and lived in Ipswich

parrawentyfan

Juniors
That's an ok crowd for Canberra this weekend. Most people i know who regularly attend are out of town, which happens every long weekend here.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
13,364 @ souths v knights
12,194 @ parra v NQ

Thought parra looked like more, hard to see where 8,000 more fit in. Souths crowd very poor imo, its a Saturday and early evening so heat is no excuse, free public transport, massive win against biggest rivals and first home game of the year. Only excuse could be ticket prices but for a club that boasts over 30k footy club members you would think there is enough critical mass there to put games like this closer to 20k in the ground without much effort

Also its looking like RD2 will be below 15k average. A few including myself on here have said we won't get over 15k average for the season and its looking very likely to happen unfortunately. What does it take to move clubs and HQ into action, I would actually describe as a crisis.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Agree the Parra crowd looked much more than that. I couldn't see it clearly from tv but thought the big screen flashed up a larger number.

Delboy

First Grade
I was at the Parra game, certainly didn't seem like 5k less than last week, was surprised when they posted the crowd figure as felt it was 15k.

Been a season ticket holder since the place opened , so very surprised

Suitman

Post Whore
12,194 @ parra v NQ

Thought parra looked like more, hard to see where 8,000 more fit in.

How is the crowd at Canberra the same as parramatta

Does bruce hold 38k or something

Parra looked more like 15k to me.

Agree the Parra crowd looked much more than that. I couldn't see it clearly from tv but thought the big screen flashed up a larger number.

I was at the Parra game, certainly didn't seem like 5k less than last week, was surprised when they posted the crowd figure as felt it was 15k.

Been a season ticket holder since the place opened , so very surprised

This has been happening for quite a few years now.
I've been doubting the numbers being put up for both Wanderers and Eels games because it's quite clear they don't make sense.
Tonight's crowd figure is telling us that it was just over half full. What a load of shit.\
I always go by the imaginary take away all the people from the occupied seats, and fill the empty ones with people. Would the crowd have been 8000 tonight? Hah!! lucky to have been half that.

There is something seriously wrong with the crowd counting at Pirtek, and it has been happening for years now.