What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Mister M

Juniors
Not to rub it in, but last year a flight from Melbourne to Sydney cost me $90 return (and I only booked it on the Sunday before)!

I flew home on the 6am on the Monday and went straight to work.

Great example of supply and demand.

Flights are through the nose because of both the Swans in Melbourne and the Storm in Sydney this weekend.

thorson1987

Coach
Not to rub it in, but last year a flight from Melbourne to Sydney cost me $90 return (and I only booked it on the Sunday before)!

I flew home on the 6am on the Monday and went straight to work.

Remember the price hike for those coming down from Nth QLD though.

guyver78

Juniors
As a Storm member who is coming up for the NRL Grand Final, it is a really costly trip to make.

By the time the Storm had made the NRL Grand Final on Saturday, the Swans AFL supporters had already had a 24 head start on MEL-SYD flights on Sunday morning, meaning Sunday flights were over $400 per person just to get to Sydney.

Due to Sydney Airport having such an early curfew, even if I left straight after the game I would be unable to get onto a flight on Sunday night and have to stay in Sydney on Sunday night. Accomodation for the night for two people $300+ due to NSW/QLD long weekend. Then trying to fly home on Monday early enough to still do a half day of work (impossible to get from SYD-MEL in time for a full day) cost another $200 pp.

Add tickets in the Storm fans area at $198 each.

$400x2
+$300
+$200x2
$198x2

=$1496 for two people to get to the game and that's before you include any food, Sydney airport PT charges, airport parking, etc for one days entertainment.

Compare that to a Sharks supporter who pays $198 each for a ticket that gives them free PT from the Shire.

Not really a fair comparison is it?

Why not just drive up? it's a nice 8 hour drive, I've done it plenty of times. Probably cost you less and you have a car.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They're not fans, just people who live in the region and decide to go to their one game of footy. Same as the 500k or more who will tune in on tv from Melbourne to watch the storm in it. Be good for merch sales though.

taipan

Referee
They're not fans, just people who live in the region and decide to go to their one game of footy. Same as the 500k or more who will tune in on tv from Melbourne to watch the storm in it. Be good for merch sales though.

" Just people who live in the region" People coming from interstate and overseas.
And have now I understand sold out season ticketed memberships .
Whatever they were, they have now paid large sums to watch live, queued day after day to buy merchandise.
Yeah it's all bad sheesh.You will never change .

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
News Alert: fair weather fans getting on bandwagon in grand final week.
Sort of.
I've never been to the Shire but I assume a lot of the locals are probably going because their home town team is in the grand final and its not that far to travel.

My mum hates sport with a passion (except moto gp wtf) but she'll keep an eye on the Cowboys in the finals.

I'm really looking forward to this crowd.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Are you a bit sore that we didn't relocate to Perth?

Latest posts