What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Match Review Committee / Judiciary

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think legal experts would have found found him not guilty on the grounds the judiciary did. The nrls shoulder charge rule is badly written and it needs a rewrite.

Frederick

Staff member
I think legal experts would have found found him not guilty on the grounds the judiciary did. The nrls shoulder charge rule is badly written and it needs a rewrite.
The whole rule book needs a rewrite, especially the obstruction section

The Undertaker

Juniors
not only that but they're clearly different tackles anyway.
One guy has his shoulder "cocked" before impact and the other doesn't.
The MRC should be able to see that though I don't remember Beutts being the sharpest tool in the shed when he played from memory

The MRC have been shown up yet again as incompetent. Imagine if they didn't offer reductions for guilty pleas just how many of their ridiculous charges would be thrown out. They wanted four weeks. The bloke gets zero. Pretty stark proof they have NFI what they're doing.

Surely

Post Whore
Especially when you can break a guys jaw, end his season and any chance of his team making the finals, then not miss a match.

adamkungl

Immortal
The MRC have been shown up yet again as incompetent. Imagine if they didn't offer reductions for guilty pleas just how many of their ridiculous charges would be thrown out. They wanted four weeks. The bloke gets zero. Pretty stark proof they have NFI what they're doing.

Yep.
Thankfully the judiciary is one group that seems to act in the best interests of the sport more often than not, rather than on whatever idiotic directive has been handed down from Greenberg's office depending on the phase of the moon or whatever he bases his decisions on.

The MRC and rulemakers lost the plot long ago.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Good decision.... Best part being this has taken some air out if the battle of the bridge... Which I assume is a new bridge planned from the eastern suburbs to Canberra via Prague.......

As someone mentioned before just a sly move by the MRC to help our the NRL Marketing department. Haha

Tiger5150

Bench
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, its a duck. They were both shoulder charges pure and simple.

This year has been the most ridiculous for players getting suspended/getting off scot free.

Burgess water bottle throwing. Simona 3 three weeks for lying on a bloke, These two shoulder charges, Ryan James ending two players seasons in two weeks.

wittyfan

Referee
Crlaj03UMAA9zpQ.jpg

It was a great hit from a great defender.

Buettner's a hater. He's probably jealous of Stuart and the Raiders cos we owned his shit Parra & Bears teams of the 90's.

skeepe

Immortal
While I think Ennis should have been charged, you really can't defend Wighton's one. Stupid, dumb, idiotic thing to do and deserves a spell.

Ennis should be facing suspension - the inconsistency is certainly alarming, but that still isn't an excuse for Wighton to walk free.

:)

Go suck a f**k

Latest posts