What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

BlueandGold

Juniors
16,929 for Newcastle v Canterbury, Friday 6pm.

Very quiet in here though

So the last 2 early friday games have not been rained out and the result is higher then expected crowds.

Early Friday game is here to stay i reckon.

Looks good at Penrith.

Diesel

Referee
So the last 2 early friday games have not been rained out and the result is higher then expected crowds.

Looks good at Penrith.
With the amount of night games played each week I guess it's a good opportunity to take the kids for a 6pm game

Perth Red

Post Whore

Looks good at Penrith.

Yep nrl Loves mediocrity so I would expect it is.

Well done Knights fans great crowd for sht time.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Souths and Dogs both winning leading into Good Friday is going to help.

Now we just need Tigers to release Moses on Monday.

Clifferd

Coach
Souths and Dogs both winning leading into Good Friday is going to help.

Now we just need Tigers to release Moses on Monday.

100%. Tigers Eels match up on paper is dog shit. Why not making it a little more enticing and release Moses (who couldn't give a shit about the Tigers anyway)

Emu01

Juniors
I'm thinking the Friday 6pm games are pulling better crowd numbers than Monday night football was.

So the Nrl may have actually boosted crowd numbers by flicking Mnf and replacing with Friday 6pm.

Credit where credit is due, I thought they stuffed up big time with 6pm starts, but it actually suits a lot of fans.

Just doesn't suit the tv fan as much.

carcharias

Immortal
Well I have a theory

They are putting traditionally we'll attended games on at shit time slots and shit attended games at good time slots.
In the hope that overall they'll get a better average.

Emu01

Juniors
I hear your point, nothing surprises me anymore with the Nrl. They have really tinkered with the draw, like playing the same club twice a few games apart as to secure a good attendance twice in the first ten rounds.

For example saints played sharks in Round 3 and are scheduled again in round 10. Should not play each other again until the end of season like round 20.

They also scheduled the sharks v Dragons local Derby a huge crowd puller at 6:30 Sunday night costing them at least 3-4 thousand spectators.

Latest posts