What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Quiet? That was the most rowdy crowd we've had in a good while.
I agree haven't heard the stadium rock like that in a long time

Hopefully a sign of things to come.

I think the 6pm games will work great for our attendances but only if we get a Sydney club. The out of state sides in Newcastle have very limited support

Raiderdave

First Grade
Ah guys

Timmah was referring to the ney sayers in here being quiet about the 6pm time slot being unable to draw a decent crowd
not the Knights crowd lol

Billythekid

First Grade
Besides the Titans game I think all other games this weekend can get over 15,000.

They really should. Manly is hard to predict because it needs to be fairly full nowadays to actually get 15K. Hoping the storm can get close to 20K. Much better week for crowds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well I have a theory

They are putting traditionally we'll attended games on at shit time slots and shit attended games at good time slots.
In the hope that overall they'll get a better average.
That theory gets destroyed when you consider Roosters-Manly Friday out-drew the same fixture last season played on a Saturday - and the Bulldogs-Storm R1 match at Belmore was less than half the crowd that it drew in 2015 at the same venue.

Timmah

Staff member
Manly-Saints 16k
Titans-Raiders 15k
Cowboys-Tigers 17k
Warriors-Eels 14k
Storm-Sharks 19k

R7
Dogs-Souths 40k
Knights-Roosters 20k
Broncos-Titans 43k
Manly-Storm 15k
Raiders-Warriors 14k
Saints-Cowboys 11k
Panthers-Sharks 13k
Eels-Tigers 37k *

Eels-Tigers could hit 45k if they play up the Moses stuff enough

carcharias

Immortal
That theory gets destroyed when you consider Roosters-Manly Friday out-drew the same fixture last season played on a Saturday - and the Bulldogs-Storm R1 match at Belmore was less than half the crowd that it drew in 2015 at the same venue.
Im not using the figures after the fact as something to base my theory on.
I'm saying they might be sticking big drawing games at shit time slots because they assume they'll get a decent crowd regardless
Sharks v Dragons this year for example
Game 1) Sunday 6pm
Game 2) Friday 6 pm

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So the last 2 early friday games have not been rained out and the result is higher then expected crowds.

Early Friday game is here to stay i reckon.

Looks good at Penrith.

Next weeks game should get a bigger crowd being a public holiday then you've got a Raiders home game in 2 weeks with school holidays still on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like the Sydney crowds are rallying with the rain easing. Storm are doing a lot of promotion work so could see their best ever crowd avg this year, especially given its the last chance to see the big three together. Raiders look to be on the right path in encouraging people to go.
We have a bit of catch up to the poor season start but we will probably end up as we have been for last 5 years around the 15k mark. Stagnant but seems we are happy with not growing and just holding.

Emu01

Juniors
Easter is the key weekend, fingers crossed the rain stays away and we could lift the average to wear should be.

Having the Easter show next door to ANZ helps the crowd, I think the Nrl should have tickets to the footy in the Nrl show bag.

Timmah

Staff member
Im not using the figures after the fact as something to base my theory on.
I'm saying they might be sticking big drawing games at shit time slots because they assume they'll get a decent crowd regardless
Sharks v Dragons this year for example
Game 1) Sunday 6pm
Game 2) Friday 6 pm
In short, you're upset about your club's scheduling and trying to extrapolate it out as a theory.

Soz, nope. Simple fact is that this is working better than most expected!

Jeez they really wanna squeeze out every last cent out of everyone don't they. Already paid for an Easter show ticket which is around $60-70 iirc and only give a lousy 30% off discount. Just let them in for free ffs

Yep. They'll buy drinks, food, maybe some club gear or flags or footy cards. And watch the game in a raucous atmosphere. That 50,000 crowd in 2013 for Dogs vs Souths was bloody electric. More of those would be awesome.

If I could use my membership for Souths to access the Eels vs Tigers game on the Monday, I would too.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep. They'll buy drinks, food, maybe some club gear or flags or footy cards. And watch the game in a raucous atmosphere. That 50,000 crowd in 2013 for Dogs vs Souths was bloody electric. More of those would be awesome.

If I could use my membership for Souths to access the Eels vs Tigers game on the Monday, I would too.

Seriously think some people in this thread would come up with better strategies then the NRL or whoever organises these things. The way I see it is just pure greed with no business strategy

In a code where crowds aren't so flash they should be doing everything in their power to ensure crowds are #1 priority. It makes the game look healthy

People go on about Magic Weekends, and then Sydney centric blah blah blah.

But seriously...

ANZ, with Easter weekend and all the show on, should have a Friday arvo or night game, a Saturday evening game, a Sunday arvo game and a Monday arvo game. 4 out of 8 games. And tier the tickets for people to attend all 4 games if they wish or just give free/ heavy discounts to entice people over. Further still, outside ANZ, have a NRL precinct with skills games, give aways, merchandise and membership tables from all clubs (or just the Sydney ones). It's insane that they aren't utilising 100-200k people passing through there to drum up business.

Then for the rest of Easter, there should be a Brisbane game, a Melbourne game, a NZ game and a Canberra/Townsville/Newcastle game [it can be rotated].