What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
People go on about Magic Weekends, and then Sydney centric blah blah blah.

But seriously...

ANZ, with Easter weekend and all the show on, should have a Friday arvo or night game, a Saturday evening game, a Sunday arvo game and a Monday arvo game. 4 out of 8 games. And tier the tickets for people to attend all 4 games if they wish or just give free/ heavy discounts to entice people over. Further still, outside ANZ, have a NRL precinct with skills games, give aways, merchandise and membership tables from all clubs (or just the Sydney ones). It's insane that they aren't utilising 100-200k people passing through there to drum up business.

Then for the rest of Easter, there should be a Brisbane game, a Melbourne game, a NZ game and a Canberra/Townsville/Newcastle game [it can be rotated].

Far too logical!

carcharias

Immortal
In short, you're upset about your club's scheduling and trying to extrapolate it out as a theory.

Soz, nope. Simple fact is that this is working better than most expected!
Ey?

In short
I think they put bigger crowd drawing games on at shit times because they know they'll get a decent crowd regardless.
They'll put shit crowd drawing games on at more crowd friendly time slots...
Even though they'd get more for a derby on at the optimum timeslot.

I used my teams local derby as an example because I am way more familiar with the crowd numbers in that particular game.

Also
I wasn't actually bagging it out.
I was just sharing my opinion on the way the draw has been done and the reasoning behind it.

Obviously it was way over your head.

mave

Coach
How many times must it be said....20k at Brookie is long gone.
16k is packed like sardines.

thorson1987

Coach
Seriously think some people in this thread would come up with better strategies then the NRL or whoever organises these things. The way I see it is just pure greed with no business strategy

In a code where crowds aren't so flash they should be doing everything in their power to ensure crowds are #1 priority. It makes the game look healthy

The NRL is too busy shutting down wallpaper sites than worrying about business strategies.

Knight76

Juniors
16,929 for Newcastle v Canterbury, Friday 6pm.

Very quiet in here though

Lol, posted at 8pm, full time. Yeah would have been fairly quiet then I guess.

Other than about 20 minutes of the second half when the dogs were giving it to us, the crowd atmosphere was great.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Are you dense? It's been explained to you and you still missed it.
Ah guys

Timmah was referring to the ney sayers in here being quiet about the 6pm time slot being unable to draw a decent crowd
not the Knights crowd lol

Emu01

Juniors
The Tigers win in North Queensland puts a few more bums on seats next week.

Just need the Eels to win tomorrow and the crowd will be huge over Easter.