What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
Storm crowds >>>>>>> cronulla crowds
Storm memberships >>>>>>>>> cronulla memberships
Storm revenue >>>>>>>>>>> cronulla revenue
Storm stadium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cronulla ground
Storm success>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cronulla success

Sucks to be Cronulla when a Victoria rugby league club is ten times better in just a few years than a Sydney heartland club that's had half a century lol

Ha
Like we give a shit

adamkungl

Immortal
I firmly believe ( and I have no hard evidence for this) that Manly were overstating crowd numbers for years and years in an effort to convince the council that more punters used the facility, and therefore upgrades were even more neccessary ( fairly unsuccessfully mind you).
I now believe the new current owners are being a lot more honest in the figures posted, for obvious reasons ( hello central coa$t/ $F$ here we come.)

What's the feeling among Manly fans re Central Coast?

I'm against forced relocation on principle, but if the local government doesn't come to the party with Brookvale or Manly pull out a secret savings account, there's likely going to be a tipping point.

I think Manly (and the NRL) gain a lot more moving across the Hawksebury than across the harbour. I think moving to the SFS full time would be the beginning of the end.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agreed...

Posted 12k is par these days.
Posted 15k is seriously borderline uncomfortable at the ground.
20k is a pipedream.

Yet the ground record is 27655 in 1986.
The ground is virtually the same except for the corner stand and southern stand which may have shaved a couple of grand off capacity.

f**king OH and S.

cleary89

Coach
We don't even get the old PSSA weekly comps in campbelltown anymore.

Just a couple of gala days each term.

That sucks. One teacher who came from down that way came to one of our meetings and was pushing it. f**k that, no way will that be my legacy as president. Weekly PSSA keeps me sane.

Raiderdave

First Grade
so predictions for rnd 7

Bulldogs V Souths 35,000
Knights V Roosters 20,000
Broncos V Titans 35,000
Manly V Melbourne 12,000
Canberra V Warriors 15,000
Dragons V Cowboys 12,000
Penrith V Sharks 15,000
Parra V Tigers 35,000

184,000 all up

im hoping the 2 games at ANZ & 1 at Suncorp all hit 40,000
but i don't think they will.

What's the feeling among Manly fans re Central Coast?

I'm against forced relocation on principle, but if the local government doesn't come to the party with Brookvale or Manly pull out a secret savings account, there's likely going to be a tipping point.

I think Manly (and the NRL) gain a lot more moving across the Hawksebury than across the harbour. I think moving to the SFS full time would be the beginning of the end.
No one but the few Coast based Manly fans want the scum up here

carcharias

Immortal
Haha what was Chambers doing at the end... stupid merkin should have been on the outside of Korobeite.
He's a tough guy.
Runs at halfbacks or belts blokes without the ball
Cracking crowd in that video
Not many storm supporters though.

morley101

Juniors
so predictions for rnd 7

Bulldogs V Souths 35,000
Knights V Roosters 20,000
Broncos V Titans 35,000
Manly V Melbourne 12,000
Canberra V Warriors 15,000
Dragons V Cowboys 12,000
Penrith V Sharks 15,000
Parra V Tigers 35,000

184,000 all up

im hoping the 2 games at ANZ & 1 at Suncorp all hit 40,000
but i don't think they will.

I agree although I believe the Newcastle crowd will be closer to 25,000 than 20,000.

Clifferd

Coach
He's a tough guy.
Runs at halfbacks or belts blokes without the ball
Cracking crowd in that video
Not many storm supporters though.

Also runs at jack bird all game with a broken elbow in the gf. I really wanted to see jb belt him that game

Paullyboy

Coach
It's been like that up here for 6 weeks
Sydney's weather has been shit for milleniums. For some reason the people of Sydney act surprised every time it rains. Surely you'd be used to it given your umbrella is still wet from the day before.

I get that March supposedly broke records, but you also hear that shit about as often as you hear a meteorologist saying a "1 in 100 year" rain event. I think I'm up to my 30th 1 in 100 year rain event so far...

carcharias

Immortal
Sydney's weather has been shit for milleniums. For some reason the people of Sydney act surprised every time it rains. Surely you'd be used to it given your umbrella is still wet from the day before.

I get that March supposedly broke records, but you also hear that shit about as often as you hear a meteorologist saying a "1 in 100 year" rain event. I think I'm up to my 30th 1 in 100 year rain event so far...

So are you suggesting rain doesn't impact crowd numbers?

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm suggesting that it always rains in Sydney, so whatever crowd you get at a wet weather game is the norm. You should be celebrating the 4 or 5 dry games you get a year, not blaming the 20 wet ones.

big hit!

Bench
I'm suggesting that it always rains in Sydney, so whatever crowd you get at a wet weather game is the norm. You should be celebrating the 4 or 5 dry games you get a year, not blaming the 20 wet ones.

The rains mostly come early in the season. As the weather gets cooler, it gets drier. winter being associated with rain is a myth. the weather gets milder in winter, that's about it and that in itself is enough to keep folks at home.

carcharias

Immortal

Do you think games played in the rain get the same crowd numbers as games played on a beautiful sunny afternoon ?

It's not a hard question
There is only one answer

Perth Red

Post Whore

It impacts greater the worse the stadium. You can put a brolly up to walk from the car/train to the ground but no one enjoys sitting in the rain for two hours in a poncho.

One day Australian stadium architects will wake up to this and actually design stadiums with decent drip lines that actually keep fans dry!

Even at Suncorp and aami a third of the seats get wet in the rain.

carcharias

Immortal
It impacts greater the worse the stadium. You can put a brolly up to walk from the car/train to the ground but no one enjoys sitting in the rain for two hours in a poncho.

One day Australian stadium architects will wake up to this and actually design stadiums with decent drip lines that actually keep fans dry!

Even at Suncorp and aami a third of the seats get wet in the rain.

So
That's a yes from you.
Less people go to the footy in the rain.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes of course they do, this is news to you? Do you have any other bleedingly obvious questions you want answered?

The real question is how do you grow your base numbers so the third that dont go in the rain doesn't make crowds look embarrassing and how do you get stadiums with facilities that fans will put up with rain as they know it's going to be a great day/night out anyway as they'll be dry and in comfort once they get there.