What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Has standing on some grass got gradually less safe over the decades?

Has there been a trend of unreported safety incidents?

Pointless.

Nah people have just got higher expectations now. Shoulder to shoulder contact with a stranger in 2017 counts as a "bad experience."

Manly's case is special though. I really can't stress this enough. They have been so blatantly lying about capacity for years and that's been rectified. There's no way Brookie has come close to holding 20k any time in the modern era. The stands are tiny and it's true that the hill wraps but it's still gotta be the shortest hill at any suburban venue.

carcharias

Immortal
The amount of rain over time means jack shit. The only weather that matters is the day of the game. It doesn't matter if it has been sunny every day of the year, if there is torrential rain the day of the game people won't turn up.

If TV is the problem why aren't the AFL affected? Why aren't the big bash affected? Why aren't big games like finals, SOO and internationals affected? Why are shitty competitions that no one gives a f**k about like the a league able to draw big crowds to games?

The fact is that when a game is appealing to attend people show up regardless of TV coverage. Your argument is worthless and nothing but an excuse. Further if you care so little about crowds supposedly like so many others in this thread why are you here in the first place?

Record rainfall is irrelevant. How many of those games were actually played in the rain, that's the only thing that matters. There may have been record rainfall but that doesn't mean that every game has been rained out, you're being deliberately misleading.

2 games against out of town teams, big deal. Every game in the storms history has been against an out of town team.

Dog shit time slots is total bullshit. Sunday at 6pm is a perfectly fine timeslot. It may not be the best timeslot but it's hardly dog shit. According to you and half the merkins on here every timeslot is garbage.

I'm not trying to blame or insult sydneys crowds in this post either. Your arguments, like usual, are total bullshit and are nothing more than excuses and attempts to prove posters like Perth Red wrong.

Wow
Did that take you a long time to type
Just so you know I didn't read it all.
I didn't have to.
It's clear you know nothing about Sydney at all.

I think I smell the stench of unwiped anus of defeat on your breath.

Let me guess
Storm fan?

They're like hens teeth, so well done.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Wow
Did that you a long time to type
Just so you know I didn't read it all.
I didn't have to.
It's clear you know nothing about Sydney at all.

I think I smell the stench of anus wiped anus of defeat in your breath.

Let me guess
Storm fan?

They're like hens teeth, so well done.

Says the guy with 32K posts on this forum. That's like the first go to for all childish internet insults. 'You must have wasted so much time writing that' is one step above 'u mad' which coincidentally you also used in your posts. You got me there, the 5 minutes I spent typing this on my phone was a huge regret!

How did you guess I was a storm fan? Was it because my name on the forum is billythekid? Or was it the many times I've outright stated I'm a storm fan including in many discussions directly with you? You're a real Sherlock Holmes.

Your intentional joke reply has about as much substance as your posts where you're supposedly putting an argument forth so it makes no difference.

In terms of the game we lost a hard fought contest. There is always next week and unlike many posters on here I don't get butthurt because of a loss. We lost fair and square. Looking forward to our next meeting and possibly again in the finals.

mave

Coach
Nah people have just got higher expectations now. Shoulder to shoulder contact with a stranger in 2017 counts as a "bad experience."

Manly's case is special though. I really can't stress this enough. They have been so blatantly lying about capacity for years and that's been rectified. There's no way Brookie has come close to holding 20k any time in the modern era. The stands are tiny and it's true that the hill wraps but it's still gotta be the shortest hill at any suburban venue.

Agreed...

Posted 12k is par these days.
Posted 15k is seriously borderline uncomfortable at the ground.
20k is a pipedream.

mave

Coach
I firmly believe ( and I have no hard evidence for this) that Manly were overstating crowd numbers for years and years in an effort to convince the council that more punters used the facility, and therefore upgrades were even more neccessary ( fairly unsuccessfully mind you).
I now believe the new current owners are being a lot more honest in the figures posted, for obvious reasons ( hello central coa$t/ $F$ here we come.)

carcharias

Immortal
Says the guy with 32K posts on this forum. That's like the first go to for all childish internet insults. 'You must have wasted so much time writing that' is one step above 'u mad' which coincidentally you also used in your posts. You got me there, the 5 minutes I spent typing this on my phone was a huge regret!

How did you guess I was a storm fan? Was it because my name on the forum is billythekid? Or was it the many times I've outright stated I'm a storm fan including in many discussions directly with you? You're a real Sherlock Holmes.

Your intentional joke reply has about as much substance as your posts where you're supposedly putting an argument forth so it makes no difference.

In terms of the game we lost a hard fought contest. There is always next week and unlike many posters on here I don't get butthurt because of a loss. We lost fair and square. Looking forward to our next meeting and possibly again in the finals.

Haha
More salty tears

Where were all the storm fans yesterday?

very dissapointing crowd for the only league team in Victoria.

Billythekid

First Grade
Because it is the simple truth. The NFL gets it. B-League gets it.

What does the NFL get? It's a totally different game to league. The changes you propose making to league are to make it less like the NFL. Also the NRL is basically equivalent to the NFL, it's just played in a country with 1/20th the population.

We might not be quite as well run (ok that's a massive understatement) but the population size skews things.

T-Boon

Coach
What does the NFL get? It's a totally different game to league. The changes you propose making to league are to make it less like the NFL. Also the NRL is basically equivalent to the NFL, it's just played in a country with 1/20th the population.

We might not be quite as well run (ok that's a massive understatement) but the population size skews things.

Interesting point which I am happy to debate in the proper place (this isn't it because it is the crowd thread). Head over to my cave B-League thread - which is awesome and everyone should have a look at. I just made a crazy post about the history of American Footballs 'two point conversion' which I think League should be adopting. Everyone is welcome to come check out my B-League thread. As I said it is awesome.

cleary89

Coach
Yep. We got 2 weeks out of 6. At least the school is crediting us back some of the fees/costs towards Term 2 sport. But the rain knocked everyone around.

You talking about as a parent?

I coach a few of the rep sides, struggled to get in try outs/training sessions. I reckon I sent out over 40 emails this term postponing trials, training or calling off PSSA. People will be getting sick of me but its this bloody rain.

thorson1987

Coach

I coach a few of the rep sides, struggled to get in try outs/training sessions. I reckon I sent out over 40 emails this term postponing trials, training or calling off PSSA. People will be getting sick of me but its this bloody rain.

Haha yeah I'm coaching my sons u/8's team this year. Pretty much every time we have supposed to train our play I've had to copy/paste the same message saying grounds are closed.

We have had 1 trial game out of 6 that were organized. The boys were lucky enough to play at halftime of the tigers v dragons game though.

Yeah. Primary school PSSA. I coach/manage the 2 teams and we got Rd 1 and Rd 3 in. Lost a couple of training mornings too. Problem is, the cricket ground we play on is also a soccer ground. When it rains, the council close it at 3pm and review 24 hours later. So not only our after school / weekend soccer training on Thursday gets cancelled at 3pm, I also know the same oval will still be shut the next morning and sure enough, PSSA is then cancelled. It's driving everyone nuts. Played first soccer game in a month last weekend, and that was an inter club trial because half the other fields are closed and the association cancelled them all.

Not only that, I have been to two NRL games this years, vs Tigers and Roosters, and it bucketed down both times. Not that I care, but when it's night time, and cooler, the kids needs rain coats, hoodies, all the shit the carry with them and then collect all the club promo stuff at the turnstiles, it gets annoying. Here's hoping the Dogs game is dry.

So when all these people say Sydney is spoilt, it's to NSW centric, don't support the game, too lazy, too this, too that...it really bloody annoys me. No one in their right mind will sit there in rain.

dogz08

First Grade
cc roosters style..

Bulldogs v Souffs 26k
Knights v Roosters 11k
Broncos v Titans 30k
Manly v Storm 8k
Raiders v Warriors 14k
Dragons v Cowboys 11k
Sharks V Penrith 12k
Tigers V Eels 20k

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha
More salty tears

Where were all the storm fans yesterday?

very dissapointing crowd for the only league team in Victoria.

Storm crowds >>>>>>> cronulla crowds
Storm memberships >>>>>>>>> cronulla memberships
Storm revenue >>>>>>>>>>> cronulla revenue
Storm stadium >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cronulla ground
Storm success>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cronulla success

Sucks to be Cronulla when a Victoria rugby league club is ten times better in just a few years than a Sydney heartland club that's had half a century lol

Latest posts