What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
Yes of course they do, this is news to you? Do you have any other bleedingly obvious questions you want answered?

The real question is how do you grow your base numbers so the third that dont go in the rain doesn't make crowds look embarrassing and how do you get stadiums with facilities that fans will put up with rain as they know it's going to be a great day/night out anyway as they'll be dry and in comfort once they get there.

I don't want to know about your thoughts on architecture
You were one of dopes whinging about crowd numbers whilst conveniently forgetting about the abhorrent weather we've had.

You shouldn't watch footy.
It's too hard for you to handle.

adamkungl

Immortal
What's the proposed timeline on the Sydney stadium redevelopments?
Can't find anything on the SFS except vague drawings of some hideous roof.

I want fans covered but not the field. Footy should be played in random weather.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What's the proposed timeline on the Sydney stadium redevelopments?
Can't find anything on the SFS except vague drawings of some hideous roof.

I want fans covered but not the field. Footy should be played in random weather.
My understanding was that the SFS redevelopment was shitcanned in favour of ANZ being made rectangle, which from memory is 2019-2021.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If we can get 100K to the 3 Good Friday games that would be an amazing result. Even 90K would be decent.

Paullyboy

Coach
Do you think games played in the rain get the same crowd numbers as games played on a beautiful sunny afternoon ?

It's not a hard question
There is only one answer
Oh you're that bloke that can't comprehend things aren't you, hmm, is it worth continuing this discussion....Bugger it, I'll give it one more go.

I have very openly agreed that a game with sunshine will generally get better crowds than rainy days. My point is that the rainy days are the norm in Sydney. So blaming rain for crowds is stupid. It'd be like England blaming crowds on the weather being under 30 degrees. Obviously when the sunny days come, you hope for a bumper turnout that boosts your averages, but in the meantime to blame rain in Sydney is akin to blaming it for being too cold in the north of England.

carcharias

Immortal
Oh you're that bloke that can't comprehend things aren't you, hmm, is it worth continuing this discussion....Bugger it, I'll give it one more go.

I have very openly agreed that a game with sunshine will generally get better crowds than rainy days. My point is that the rainy days are the norm in Sydney. So blaming rain for crowds is stupid. It'd be like England blaming crowds on the weather being under 30 degrees. Obviously when the sunny days come, you hope for a bumper turnout that boosts your averages, but in the meantime to blame rain in Sydney is akin to blaming it for being too cold in the north of England.

ill help you out here
You've come in half way through this and are clearly way out of your depth.

We are talking about the weather in Sydney, during the first 6 rounds of 2017.

Not rainfall averages
Not the degree of the fall in Australian stadiums roofs.
Not how it's the NRL fault
Just how the recent inclement weather has impacted the crowds here in Sydney.

You know...that record breaking wet spell we've had.
Maybe you've seen it on the news.

carcharias

Immortal
What about the games where it wasn't raining, like brookie last week?

Even though the joint looked very busy it was probably a bit down .
Maybe because it's a complete bitch of a joint to get to.
I wouldn't go there based on that alone.

In fact I wouldn't go to any other ground.
It's Shark park or that cesspit at Homebush ( for grand finals wins ) or nothing for me.

cleary89

Coach
Even though the joint looked very busy it was probably a bit down .
Maybe because it's a complete bitch of a joint to get to.
I wouldn't go there based on that alone.

In fact I wouldn't go to any other ground.
It's Shark park or that cesspit at Homebush ( for grand finals wins ) or nothing for me.

I was in the city with a mate and we were like lets head to brookie. Then I explained how shit it is to get to and find a park. We decided to watch it at a pub.

While I hate going to homebush, I'd probably go to one (or both) of the big games on Easter weekend. Drag the missus along, 25.50 each plus 6.90 handling fee we are looking at $65 to sit 50m behind the posts. Id rather drive the extra out to watch panthers v sharks and at least get to be somewhat close to the action.

ANZ really is a shit hole. NRL needs to target casual fans or neutral fans to get a long for these big events but not for $32+ each.

Could justify 20 each but start pushing it at 32.

carcharias

Immortal
Sydney locals understand the challenges of getting around this city.

It's hard enough trying to get to and from shark park on game day and I live in the shire.
So stuff wasting my weekend sitting in traffic or on excruciatingly slow public transport , just to go to a place I hate anyway.
...and be ripped off for my trouble.

Then add rain on top.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Reminding us ANZ is a shithole every second post does nobody any favours. It's being upgraded in the coming years and will be a better venue for it.

Paullyboy

Coach
Reminding us ANZ is a shithole every second post does nobody any favours. It's being upgraded in the coming years and will be a better venue for it.

Geez the Government love throwing good money after bad when it comes to stadiums. It was good for the Olympics and will never be great for anything as long as it's multi-purpose.

They can redevelop and upgrade all they like, but at the end of the day it's still going to be significantly too large for 99% of matches, and as such, is not the right option.

Paullyboy

Coach
ill help you out here
You've come in half way through this and are clearly way out of your depth.

We are talking about the weather in Sydney, during the first 6 rounds of 2017.

Not rainfall averages
Not the degree of the fall in Australian stadiums roofs.
Not how it's the NRL fault
Just how the recent inclement weather has impacted the crowds here in Sydney.

You know...that record breaking wet spell we've had.
Maybe you've seen it on the news.

I love how you think that people can't get their head around the fact it's rained a lot in Sydney. What's your excuse going to be when it rains a lot in May? And then in June? And then again in July?

Eventually you have to accept that it's normal for your shit city.

The fact you think I can't grasp your point is hilarious though.