What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Maybe the Nrl should bring in a hoisting of a pennant or something on opening night..

Play a home game for the premiers every year and do something special

Tonight felt a bit meh

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I've seen games like that called around the 15k mark I gotta feeling there might have been people not scanned, either that or Cronulla are back to being disappointing crowd wise. Usually PR is being a right fool with his anti-sharks posts but come on Cronulla you've just won the premiership, how is this match not a sell-out.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Hope it is wrong mate

But I wasn't surprised.. I reckon it is sometimes hard to tell the crowd from being at game...

If you are in a busy area of the stadium your view of the crowd can be inflated a lot I have found
Not at shark park, when you are at the game you can always guess within a thousand.

Something has gone wrong crowd was 14-15000

Raiderdave

First Grade
About 2/3rds capacity which looked about right if the stand we couldn't see was same as stand we could see, and as you say doubt hill was more than 25%.

hill was about 50%
rest of the ground was about 80%

wot a load of rubbish !!

carcharias

Immortal
I was there and it looked like 11k
I go to every game and have for years.
In the past they would've called that 13k but since Lyal came and cut out the bullshit inflated numbers thing I'm fairly confident that the figure was correct.
The stands were about 80% full.
Leaving the ground was pretty busy too.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Yeah they sure will lose out when clubs get grants of 125% of the salary cap. Lol. Worth more than a few extra ticket sales

carcharias

Immortal
Wait until tonight
It's pissing down here in Sydney now
Has been for about 2 hours
Feels like it gonna hang around

Dogs v GF losers from inter state with game on FTA. At belmore
Be interesting to see how many show up.

yobbo84

Coach
Be lucky to crack 10k at either game tonight if the weather holds up.

What annoys me about ANZ Stadium is when you're ticketed member on a night like this and they make it so bloody hard to go sit in one of the 40,000 good empty undercover seats; instead the only undercover they let you in is GA which is in the corner about 100m from the action - it's a valid reason why people stay away on days like this even in grounds with large undercover areas.

Diesel

Referee
Yeah they sure will lose out when clubs get grants of 125% of the salary cap. Lol. Worth more than a few extra ticket sales
If this has been confirmed (I haven't really followed it) then clubs can stop bitching about loss of income from scheduling/gates etc. (Gould and co) which would equate to approx $2m

Perth Red

Post Whore

Well not if you build your supporter base to afl level. Fan revenue is worth more than Tv to afl clubs. But yeh it's easier to take the tv money and screw the fans.

Latest posts