What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Someone mentioned it earlier, prompting me to have a look at the highlights and I thought 7 thousand was an over estimate. With the way they police high tackles it may as well be women's netball (a player was sin binned for tackling a player around the legs). It just irks me when other sports fudge their figures making league seem like it's going backwards.

Was about right, nib holds 21,500ish, most would have been in the corporates in the west stand lol
Even worse for union they only got 38k watching on tv lol. Can we officially say they have fallen behind netball in Australia yet?

Waiting for the crowd count for tonight's 6pm game is like waiting for a train crash, you just know its going to be ugly but cant change it.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Waiting for the crowd count for tonight's 6pm game is like waiting for a train crash, you just know its going to be ugly but cant change it.
I can guarantee four going...but in all seriousness it's been an absolute mission to see which of my 'friends' can get their in time. Had about 12 interested but kick off time has put it down to three. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's going to be a shit first week of crowds. Shame because tigers v rabbits had the potential to be big especially with the Farah factor.

POPEYE

Coach
With Fox launching it's new channel and people trying to decide to spend money on Foxtel so they only have to make it home, have a drink if they like and watch all 8 games from angles impossible from every seat at the ground . . . all for far less than the cost of going to one live game . . . is it any wonder more and more man caves have plenty of bums on seats

undertaker

Coach
As mentioned last year, it's going to be a looooooooong year for Friday 6pm crowds, especially on a rainy day like today.

Clifferd

Coach
Haha oh my there is literally less than 1,000 people there.

You'll have people rocking up until half time id imagine

Diesel

Referee
This should really be the Centrelink time slot of the round.

Show them your CRN and get 75% off entry

undertaker

Coach
Haha oh my there is literally less than 1,000 people there.

You'll have people rocking up until half time id imagine

Well, you can thank Rothfield and the other News Ltd morons who pushed for this ridiculous time slot. Bad weather hits the poor crowd attendance even more.

The next two matches are in NZ, so will draw a much better crowd, but it will be back to normal in Rd 4 when Penrith play Newcastle. Sub-10k on the cards for that game.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm not normally one to whinge about crowds but this is an embarrassing start for 6pm games...

Can some of the Grant apologists remind me why this was agreed to?

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not normally one to whinge about crowds but this is an embarrassing start for 6pm games...

People having a go at last nights crowd.

This is about 8000 less
And that's being generous.

undertaker

Coach

It's going to get much worse as the year progresses, especially at grounds such as Brookvale and Penrith which are very isolated and far to get to from the CBD via public transportation. Even though it's near the CBD, Allianz is also going to be a problem attracting 10k+ at 6pm, with the traffic congestions on Anzac Parade during the week in the afternoon due to the light-rail construction. Only the real die-hard NRL fans who don't have work on that day will be in attendance.

I hope it's scrapped at the end of year and replaced with Sunday 6/6:30pm.

Clifferd

Coach
Pathetic time slot. Sunday 6:30 or simunaltenous telecast with the 4pm game should be the go