What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
We have ZERO rivalry with the Titans. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Will add that if this crowd figure was against the likes of say, Melbourne or St George Illawarra on a Good Friday it would be disappointing.

I get the Titans have bigger all supporters
But I don't think he was calling the game any sort grudge match
He called them your nearest rival
That means in theory, it's easier to get more people to the game on account of more fans living closer to the ground.

Anyway I'd of thought the Titans would definitely mark this a game they'd love to win
Their fans would too.
Broncos fans maybe not so much
More like a game they'd hate to lose.

Bronxnation

Juniors
After the Broncos attacking display last week, the fact it's a public holiday, good weather and against your nearest rivals. 34K is shocking for a one team town.
Ahh the one team town argument. yeah cause everyone in brisbane goes for the broncos. Its not like they came in when people already had a team. I guess everyone that followed league in brisbane decided to switch. Good work man you are good at knowing things!!

Paullyboy

Coach
The Titans don't have fans. They have a bunch of people who turn up to their games when they're winning - but that's about it - most of those people probably couldn't tell you who their captain is.

As a Raiders fan there last week, it was like a home game for us. The Raiders dominated that crowd.

Having said all of this - why do people think they can predict a crowd based on PAX? Days like Good Friday are going to have a stack of walk-ups. It'll be a big crowd.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep titans fan base would be majority of those casual fans - those who turn up just to watch a bit of football.

I'd say they have a hardcore fan base of only about 5-10k

Brutus

Referee
That had more to do with the "shiny new team" appeal. They have pretty much been on a decline from those high 47k and 48k crowds down to the 27k-30k now... It's like one of those things you try to have a go at and realise you don't really give a shit. Like having sex with your ex, meh.

Well why don't we just piss the Titans off then.

Clifferd

Coach
Their hardcore fan base would be well under 5k.

Something like that, when you can hear an interstate opposition chant well throughout the game (which you could hear on tv in the tits raiders game) at your teams home game, there is something very wrong

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Ahh the one team town argument. yeah cause everyone in brisbane goes for the broncos. Its not like they came in when people already had a team. I guess everyone that followed league in brisbane decided to switch. Good work man you are good at knowing things!!

I know that not everyone in Brisbane supports the Broncos. However it does help they are the only NRL team in a Rugby League dominated city. They have the most fans of any club team in any sport in Australia. 34K on a sunny public holiday is disappointing. I will stick by that.

some11

Referee
Having said all of this - why do people think they can predict a crowd based on PAX? Days like Good Friday are going to have a stack of walk-ups. It'll be a big crowd.
Been guilty of that, sometimes the crowd is well above or below that number.

Clifferd

Coach
Tbh I live down the south coast (near Wollongong) my local team is the Dragons yet I support the Tigers as do most of my family. Even my friends etc that live around here support teams other than the Dragons

With that being said I still attend all games played at win stadium just for the enjoyment of watching live footy, a trend that should be followed by most.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane were crying out for a regular Good Friday game v Roosters from memory and now they've at least got a Good Friday game (against local rivals no less) 34k is a pass mark? FMD

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It is not sunny at 7:50pm Daz. I think the only thing we are crying out for is a day game, Tim.

I would be placid with 34k. Any more I am happy.

Would you and all your mates spend $45 plus on a ticket up in level 7 behind the posts? I don't think so. The problem is getting people interested once the better tickets are sold, if they had level 7 heavily discounted (which they don't at all, $5 off 400 tickets when they decide to release them) bigger crowds would come.

Just popped in to say that while you guys are stressing out about crowds and bickering and blaming, nobody at the NRL gives a shit.
What about the authors of the strategic plan?

The forum also discusses growing the sport, junior participation, international football, bush football, maintaining the physicality, fairness and traditions of the game, refereeing standards, shoddy or bias media and woeful broadcasting and timeslot decisions. The NRL doesn't give a f**k about any of that either.

TheFrog

Coach
I love how you think that people can't get their head around the fact it's rained a lot in Sydney. What's your excuse going to be when it rains a lot in May? And then in June? And then again in July?

Eventually you have to accept that it's normal for your shit city.

The fact you think I can't grasp your point is hilarious though.
Sydney (observatory Hill) in March had 326mm of rain. The average for March is 109mm.
In April to date there has been 80.mm in 12 days. The average for the full month of April is 137mm, so April is only about 50% above average. March was triple the average though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know that not everyone in Brisbane supports the Broncos. However it does help they are the only NRL team in a Rugby League dominated city. They have the most fans of any club team in any sport in Australia. 34K on a sunny public holiday is disappointing. I will stick by that.

What evidence do you base that statement on?

I predict the crowd will be around 36-37k with walk ups. Pretty good for an NRL game but not outstanding. Broncos seem a bit blasé about serious growth but considering they are so far ahead of the pack in revenue and crowds I guess they don't feel any real imperative to do so.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Brisbane were crying out for a regular Good Friday game v Roosters from memory and now they've at least got a Good Friday game (against local rivals no less) 34k is a pass mark? FMD

Then give us a team we have a rivalry with..you know like ummmmm The Cowboys...

We have zero rivalry with the Titans.

34-36k is a good crowd.

Latest posts