What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
A Brisbane team that either attracts a particular region or different socio economic than broncos would work well. Dockers became successful despite the massive might of the Eagles in Perth as they provide a north south unofficial split of the city and a rich western suburbs eagles v working clas freo suburbs. As long as the new Brisbane club has points of difference to the broncos it will be hugely successful.

It is insane that a rl mad city like Brisbane has one club whilst a not that interested Sydney has nine.

You need a history lesson.

Emu01

Juniors
Surely the Nrl must be proactive and offer cheap admission for Easter Show people.

Reduce entry should be a given even a free ticket in a show bag for kids as we spoke about on this forum before,so they drag mum and dad through the gates.

I wouldn't be surprised if nrl did nothing and just expected people to just pay full freight for footy tickets after spending a thousand dollars at the show.

If anyone is going to the Easter Show today,I would love to hear what sort of an effort/presence the nrl are doing to attract the people next door to ANZ stadium.

Clifferd

Coach
Surely the Nrl must be proactive and offer cheap admission for Easter Show people.

Reduce entry should be a given even a free ticket in a show bag for kids as we spoke about on this forum before,so they drag mum and dad through the gates.

I wouldn't be surprised if nrl did nothing and just expected people to just pay full freight for footy tickets after spending a thousand dollars at the show.

If anyone is going to the Easter Show today,I would love to hear what sort of an effort/presence the nrl are doing to attract the people next door to ANZ stadium.

Should be free imo, but say 50% discount would probably be justifiable

T-Boon

Coach

The NRL would consider it a nuisance to have all those people walking by outside upsetting the tranquility.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Facts dont lie. Take a peek at attendances and tv audiences in Sydney, for its population and for nrl being the number one game they are both pretty sad.
I admit that Sydney needs a boost with the average in syd at around 14k last year, but with that whole rain thing taking up most of March there are excuses. I would hardly call sydney uninterested when there are 8 NRL teams, combining to 125k average supporters around sydney, possibly less from away fans and all.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I admit that Sydney needs a boost with the average in syd at around 14k last year, but with that whole rain thing taking up most of March there are excuses. I would hardly call sydney uninterested when there are 8 NRL teams, combining to 125k average supporters around sydney, possibly less from away fans and all.

theres very few sports comps & cities anywhere else in the world that were set up like RL was in Sydney & fumbleball in Melbourne
If we're comparing Sydney with Melbourne then Sydney will look poor
for lots & lots of reasons least of all , both cities being very different.

but cities like New York only have 2 NFL sides in an area that has 20 Million people in its catchment , around 160,000 attend games over the fornight
London only 3 EPL sides in an area not much smaller , around 135,000 attend games for these 3 sides
there are other leagues & sports played in these cities too just like in Sydney
but
if Sydney only had 2 or 3 NRL sides then there'd be an argument that the 125,000 attending games
meaning statements like Sydney isn't interested in RL .. are pretty silly when context is taken into account.

Pommy

Coach
theres very few sports comps & cities anywhere else in the world that were set up like RL was in Sydney & fumbleball in Melbourne
If we're comparing Sydney with Melbourne then Sydney will look poor
for lots & lots of reasons least of all , both cities being very different.

but cities like New York only have 2 NFL sides in an area that has 20 Million people in its catchment , around 160,000 attend games over the fornight
London only 3 EPL sides in an area not much smaller , around 135,000 attend games for these 3 sides
there are other leagues & sports played in these cities too just like in Sydney
but
if Sydney only had 2 or 3 NRL sides then there'd be an argument that the 125,000 attending games
meaning statements like Sydney isn't interested in RL .. are pretty silly when context is taken into account.

London doesn't have 3 PL sides

Chelsea
Arsenal
West ham
Palace
Spurs
Watford is London if we're saying Penrith is Sydney.

Championship football attracts crowds larger than the NRL does in Sydney and there's a load more London teams in that.

Latest posts