What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
1. because their ticketing system they used clearly filled the lower bowl rather than give options to sit in the covered part of the stand. The lower bowl of the East stand was full despite plenty of higher up seats empty. Looked good for Tv but sht for staying dry!
2. They charged $50 for the pleasure of sitting in the rain, compared to pretty much every other leisure option that day it was sht
3. They allow the nib stadium to refuse entry for umbrellas. I mean wtf. All of the lower bowl and Sth stand is uncovered, at least let us come in with some rain protection or give out ponchos to those who had spent $50 for a seat.

Oh the irony
Perth red using rain as an excuse.

I'm pretty sure no grounds let you take an umbrella in
That goes for other sports too I'd imagine.
You know ..the old use it as a weapon trick.

May I suggest a poncho
Very cheap from $2 shop
They work pretty good

JamesRustle

First Grade
Like I said I paid $180 for my family to get pssing wet through and watch a pretty dour game (2nd half at least) that had little atmosphere or entertainment around the ground. Compared to my big bash experience it was worlds apart. As a die hard id do it again, probably, but if I was less invested there is no way I would be back for a second go. And this isn't a perth unique thing, every game I've been to in last couple of years on East coast has been similar.

It's a shame you only got wet at the game as I've heard Perth has an ideally located central stadium with public transport delivering you dry and toasty warm right to the stadium entrance.

Clifferd

Coach
Didn't Perth already fail?

I don't geT the agenda for not having a Perth team

Nrl has national in it, national isn't the east coast of Australia and NZ ffs

2nd of all broadcasting a live Perth game would be a roaring success for the nrl in terms of tv viewers as proven In the ratings, considering they aren't even based in Perth. Imagine an actual Perth team

If it's all over just to get one up on Perth red, that's pretty sad

carcharias

Immortal
I don't geT the agenda for not having a Perth team

Nrl has national in it, national isn't the east coast of Australia and NZ ffs

2nd of all broadcasting a live Perth game would be a roaring success for the nrl in terms of tv viewers as proven In the ratings, considering they aren't even based in Perth. Imagine an actual Perth team

If it's all over just to get one up on Perth red, that's pretty sad
Should be called international

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And several thousand more than a number of games in Sydney this year despite not having their own team to support.

But then again Mudgee with its population of 10k got more than several Sydney crowds so beating Sydney crowds is not much to be proud of.
It's amusing when people with clear agenda compare crowds at one-off venues with crowds in places which have an over-saturation of teams and therefore games.

It's amusing when people with clear agenda compare crowds at one-off venues with crowds in places which have an over-saturation of teams and therefore games.
"Over-saturation"

It's amusing when Sydney twats use too many teams as an excuse for shit crowds but then lose their shit when anyone points to the obvious solution to this.

carcharias

Immortal
"Over-saturation"

It's amusing when Sydney twats use too many teams as an excuse for shit crowds but then lose their shit when anyone points to the obvious solution to this.

Well
It did originate here and people don't want to lose their team to some shit can joint that gets 11k to their one and only gig all year.

What benefit would a Perth team bring?

Storm have been in Melb for over 20 years and they still don't rate a mention down there.
What's makes anyone think that artificially forcing a team into another far flung non rugby league area would work?

Billythekid

First Grade
Well
It did originate here and people don't want to lose their team to some shit can joint that gets 11k to their one and only gig all year.

What benefit would a Perth team bring?

Storm have been in Melb for over 20 years and they still don't rate a mention down there.
What's makes anyone think that artificially forcing a team into another far flung non rugby league area would work?

Expanding to an area like Melbourne is about more than just crowds (which the storm seem to be doing ok at). It opens clubs up to more sponsorships, adds to to ratings particularly for big events and in he case of Perth gives us a lot more room to work with when scheduling to games.

Only the most short sighted biased fans can't recognise the benefit the NRL has received by expanding into Melbourne.

carcharias

Immortal
Expanding to an area like Melbourne is about more than just crowds (which the storm seem to be doing ok at). It opens clubs up to more sponsorships, adds to to ratings particularly for big events and in he case of Perth gives us a lot more room to work with when scheduling to games.

Only the most short sighted biased fans can't recognise the benefit the NRL has received by expanding into Melbourne.

All people do is winge about crowd figures and schedules
All a Perth team would do is make it virtually impossible for away fans to attend a game there.

Therefore only feeding the freaking tv audience and sponsors
Basically exactly what people are whinging about

Perth adds an extra tv slot like the Sunday night 6.30 or a 9.30 Saturday game.
It taps into a relatively untapped market that will boost audiences the way Melbourne have in Victoriania.
And if they had two new teams it would add extra games.

I bet he greedy Sydney clubs wouldn't complain about taking the extra tv cash.

That's without considering:
More diversity and interest in the competition.
More, new fans engaged in every way, including at games.
Potential new sponsors.
A catalyst for the growth of the grassroots game in WA in the same way the Storm have grown the game in Victoriania.
Fighting VFL on their own turf for a change and forcing them to direct resources there instead of in NSW and Qld.
Smashing union at a time when the Force are probably going to be shafted.
And not least, diluting the ridiculous, detrimental hold Sydney has on the sport.

Latest posts