What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
Perth bashing is the most boring trend of the Crowd Watch threads. All the crowds this week were pretty ordinary.

It's called "Perth red " bashing and he deserves every bit of shit heaped on him he gets.

We all know crowds are not huge.
We have f**king eyes, we can see the empty seats.
Us smart ones can work out that if it's on tv then people will stay home.

Old mates problem is he rags out just about every single crowd at every single game.

He just has the shits because Perth don't have a team in the comp
....and it's not hard to see why.

POPEYE

Coach
If Cronulla didn't have a team how many would turn up to Shark Park in the rain to watch Souths play Melbourne . . . how many turned up to watch the Sharks play the Cowboys

. . . and you're right, Fox is responsible

If crowds dont matter to NRL why all the stadia deals and tax money wasted on revamps and rebuilds?

Just rebrand two teams Perth and Adelaide too. Won't matter where they play, those fans will watch it on tv anyway.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's called "Perth red " bashing and he deserves every bit of shit heaped on him he gets.

We all know crowds are not huge.
We have f**king eyes, we can see the empty seats.
Us smart ones can work out that if it's on tv then people will stay home.

Old mates problem is he rags out just about every single crowd at every single game.

He just has the shits because Perth don't have a team in the comp
....and it's not hard to see why.
so does his mate Cumberland Tosser who has never ever been to a game

his posts are practically all in this topic too

occasionally he'll post in the ratings topic pulling figures out of his arse and then whine about those too

johnny plath

Juniors
and again
nothing much to look forward to next weekend either : (
first round to be origin effected

souths v parra 12K
warriors v brisbane 10K
sharks v bulldogs 12K
raiders v roosters 15k
there will be numerous reasons rolled out why crowds will be poor for these games, but I don't see State of origin as being legitimate for this round yet. Souths v parra will basically be origin unaffected in terms of players available, and playing at the current home ground of both teams. Also Friday night, so should be no belly aching about it being Thursday, or getting up for work/school whatever. Warriors will be unaffected by origin player wise, at home on Saturday night with a big chance of bullying an under strength Broncos. The no travelling away fans won't wash either, that's the norm for the non-Sydney teams so no excuses here really. Sharks will definitely be down players, but isn't Saturday night along with Sunday arvo in the Shire their favourite time slot... Dogs should almost be unaffected by origin so the under strength Sharks could use a vocal home crowd and will still be tough to beat. And finally, a Sunday arvo in Canberra, at full strength minus Papalli to take on the top 4 roosters... why wouldn't raiders fans get out to it... which they have been anyway for home games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not if it was the only rugby league game in Sydney for the season.

Where were all the alleged footy fans?

You'd think if they were that keen on the game they would've known about it.

Reflective of how the NRL is disengaging its fans. This fixture 5 years ago sells out, yesterday it could barley half fill the place. Weather aside (which probably was worth 3-4k on the crowd) its a dire reflection that interest in the NRL is dropping. In perth that is partly due to lack of expansion after years of hope and promise have come to nothing and partly a general malaise around the game at the moment.

End of day fans are customers, the NRL does not have a right to them, it needs to earn them. If people don't go to games its because the NRl is doing something wrong, not the fans.
if it doesn't learn this fast then good luck getting TV and corporate $'s in years to come as the fanbase dwindles.

Like I said I paid $180 for my family to get pssing wet through and watch a pretty dour game (2nd half at least) that had little atmosphere or entertainment around the ground. Compared to my big bash experience it was worlds apart. As a die hard id do it again, probably, but if I was less invested there is no way I would be back for a second go. And this isn't a perth unique thing, every game I've been to in last couple of years on East coast has been similar.

The sooner the NRL wakes up to the fact it is in the entertainment business the quicker we will right the ship.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is that game in Perth? I thought it was Redfern Oval going by the quality of stadium and crowd number.

Yeh I can see what you mean lol

alex-johnston-of-the-rabbitohs-competes-for-the-ball-as-suliasi-of-picture-id686233460

carcharias

Immortal
Why is it the NRL's fault that you got wet?

So from the above ramble I got...people in WA don't know how to
A) follow a NRL draw
B) understand a weather forecast

BuffaloRules

Coach
It is disappointing that after umpteen years of a game a year being played in Perth, apparently the success of the fixture is still reliant on attracting casual fans that have to rely on hearing about the game being played via promotion...

You would think by now that the game would have a solid core who can consult the draw at the start of the season to find out when the Perh game is being played

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why is it the NRL's fault that you got wet?

So from the above ramble I got...people in WA don't know how to
A) follow a NRL draw
B) understand a weather forecast

1. because their ticketing system they used clearly filled the lower bowl rather than give options to sit in the covered part of the stand. The lower bowl of the East stand was full despite plenty of higher up seats empty. Looked good for Tv but sht for staying dry!
2. They charged $50 for the pleasure of sitting in the rain, compared to pretty much every other leisure option that day it was sht
3. They allow the nib stadium to refuse entry for umbrellas. I mean wtf. All of the lower bowl and Sth stand is uncovered, at least let us come in with some rain protection or give out ponchos to those who had spent $50 for a seat.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is disappointing that after umpteen years of a game a year being played in Perth, apparently the success of the fixture is still reliant on attracting casual fans that have to rely on hearing about the game being played via promotion...

You would think by now that the game would have a solid core who can consult the draw at the start of the season to find out when the Perh game is being played

It does around 16-25k. Depending on attractiveness of fixture, weather and KO time are determinants of how many of that amount of RL fans turn out. Weird thing Ive noticed is how few of fans from other clubs turn up in Perth if their club isn't involved. eg last night the crowd was full of mostly Souths and Storm merch wearing fans and very few others. When Manly play Warriors the crowd will be full of Warriors and Manly merch fans and very few of the nine thousand or so souths and Storm fans who were there yesterday. You'd think as a fan of NRL you would go regardless given how few games we get but doesn't seem to be the case from my experience, weird lot RL fans.

The casual fans are a bonus and attracting new fans should always be a goal, which is where good marketing comes in.