What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
yeah all the crowds this weekend have been better then expected
the Sharks effort was way above expectations

the weather down here looks like it'll be pretty ok today
so the crowd should be 15K at least

giving us 64Kish for the round
thats acceptable given the way crowds have been going in 2017

T-Boon

Coach
Hopefully all the fans at Caltex come back next time. Sign on as season ticket holders.
I didn't watch the game but I trust the teams put on a free flowing entertaining game with lots of ad lib footy and play making which will make the mums want to come back for more.

POPEYE

Coach
Hopefully all the fans at Caltex come back next time. Sign on as season ticket holders.
I didn't watch the game but I trust the teams put on a free flowing entertaining game with lots of ad lib footy and play making which will make the mums want to come back for more.
Can't argue with that . . . wouldn't do any good if we tried

Raiderdave

First Grade

didn't watch the game ?

why
was there an american sport on ?

basketball ?
baseball ?
lacrosse
hot dog eating contest ... or something ??

Pommy

Coach
You could really replace "ANZ" with the city of Sydney.

You can although I think your missing the point.
I won't go alone to ANZ anymore but I will go alone to away non ANZ Sydney games.
ANZ is just an awful ground and does nothing for the sport.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You can although I think your missing the point.
I won't go alone to ANZ anymore but I will go alone to away non ANZ Sydney games.
ANZ is just an awful ground and does nothing for the sport.
This is an infinitely shit take.

ANZ is by no means perfect but it's not awful. It's also the best attended ground in Sydney if I'm not mistaken (on average, not aggregate)

Pommy

Coach
This is an infinitely shit take.

ANZ is by no means perfect but it's not awful. It's also the best attended ground in Sydney if I'm not mistaken (on average, not aggregate)

It is awful.
Perhaps it is the best attended but i would hazard it has also managed to get most of the best supported teams in the city as tenents.
This in turn means there's a hell of a lot of recpiprocal rights (free tickets) so saying it's the best attended has no bearing on it being a suitable stadium.

I don't know why people feel the need to apologise for it.
I can accept as a sport we need centralised stadiums and whilst sad it is where the sport is. But as a paying customer I'm going to air my feelings on ANZ. Its not up to scratch and I have big doubts it will be up to scratch for normal club games after the redevelopment.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
So

They still had to pay to get in.

What happened to the " make it an event" call.
The sharks just showed how to do just that.

And
The dancers got free tix

Yeah it was a great crowd. I agree fully.

That noone agreed with my post shows most LU posters think it was a great crowd and that clubs can directly influence attendance.

I was trying to take the piss...there was some camouflage text at the bottom of my original post for shits and giggles if you can be bothered highlighting over it.

2,000 of them were the dancers. Another 2-3k parents.
... just another standard crowd propped up by the entertainers.

Sorry... channeling my inner PR / CumThrow!!

mave

Coach
Last time I was at ANZ the security guards were complete Nazis about people wishing to move closer to the centre of the ground, despite swathes amd swathes of empty seats.

Maybe it has changed now, with bigger GA/ away fan areas that dont just make you sit in the corners, I dont know.

I won't be back, unless we make the GF.

beave

Coach
FMD, really? You won't go back to watch your team play at ANZ because of some security guards?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Last time I was at ANZ the security guards were complete Nazis about people wishing to move closer to the centre of the ground, despite swathes amd swathes of empty seats.

Maybe it has changed now, with bigger GA/ away fan areas that dont just make you sit in the corners, I dont know.

I won't be back, unless we make the GF.

hahahahha

oh wait

youre serious !!