What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Raiders have dead set jumped 4k per game based on Viking clap alone..

Who knew a tiny bit of atmosphere building would do this ..

Most other clubs invent a role called fan engagement manager who walk out on the ground and talk shit into a microphone basically trying to get themselves a media gig .. has nothing to do with fans

Well done raiders
Not just the clap.
For once in a long time we're doing OK on the field, there were years where we were just clueless and players looked like they wanted the first bus out of the joint.
The club seems to have embraced the raider/viking and green machine image a lot more than in the past.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Not just the clap.
For once in a long time we're doing OK on the field, there were years where we were just clueless and players looked like they wanted the first bus out of the joint.
The club seems to have embraced the raider/viking and green machine image a lot more than in the past.

They have had a finals chance team for a fair while .. a game like today would always get the magical 10### in the past ..

Whatever they have done with the horn the clap or the old players it's working

Every other team should take note

Raiderdave

First Grade

Most other clubs invent a role called fan engagement manager who walk out on the ground and talk shit into a microphone basically trying to get themselves a media gig .. has nothing to do with fans

Well done raiders

based on the viking clap alone ?
id say its played a part

a winning team , a premiership fancy in fact
doesnt hurt either.

dogz08

First Grade

Well done raiders

anything to say about the sharks crowd?

adamkungl

Immortal
This is an infinitely shit take.

ANZ is by no means perfect but it's not awful. It's also the best attended ground in Sydney if I'm not mistaken (on average, not aggregate)

Nope I won't go for anything less than a final either.

Painful to get to for all but a couple of trainlines (and im not on any trainline), rubbish viewing experience, overpriced tickets and less atmosphere than my loungeroom.

To reiterate what Pommy said, I'll go to any non-ANZ away game, i'll go to Gosford or Wollongong or Adelaide but I am no longer paying to go to ANZ.
Will revisit the idea after redevelopment.

adamkungl

Immortal
It is awful.
Perhaps it is the best attended but i would hazard it has also managed to get most of the best supported teams in the city as tenents.
This in turn means there's a hell of a lot of recpiprocal rights (free tickets) so saying it's the best attended has no bearing on it being a suitable stadium.

I don't know why people feel the need to apologise for it.
I can accept as a sport we need centralised stadiums and whilst sad it is where the sport is. But as a paying customer I'm going to air my feelings on ANZ. Its not up to scratch and I have big doubts it will be up to scratch for normal club games after the redevelopment.
Its the worst ground I've ever been too and won't go there unless its finals or free any more.
Yup.

Not to mention that it always gets yhe best fixtures. Not like Souths move massive draw cards to Perth. Same with Dogs and Belmore. Then when us and Wests play there, it's always against other Sydney clubs.

I honestly thought Timmah was smarter than to try to pull the ave crowd card.

Still, I hold out hope for the redevelopment.

Infinitely shit takes for days

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Nope I won't go for anything less than a final either.

Painful to get to for all but a couple of trainlines (and im not on any trainline), rubbish viewing experience, overpriced tickets and less atmosphere than my loungeroom.

To reiterate what Pommy said, I'll go to any non-ANZ away game, i'll go to Gosford or Wollongong or Adelaide but I am no longer paying to go to ANZ.
Will revisit the idea after redevelopment.

Obviously not a true fan

Raiderdave

First Grade
I really can't believe a team that played well into the finals in 2016, couldn't crack 15k at a home game on a Sunday afternoon. Weather is no excuse. Never

lol
this coming from a fan of the defending premiers who could barely crack 8K for a game last week

when youre the premiers
you never ever have any excuse not to crack 10K............... on any night : )

Arnold

Juniors
2,000 of them were the dancers. Another 2-3k parents.
... just another standard crowd propped up by the entertainers.... channeling my inner PR / CumThrow!!
You're missing the point.

The dancers didn't just show up. The club was smart enough to organise it during Origin to prop up what would have been a lower than normal crowd to a significantly higher crowd

POPEYE

Coach
Having the clap is working for the Raiders, what could work to boost crowds for other clubs

Warriors with louder drums
Storm could incorporate The Mexican Wave
Cowboys make room for Line Dancing

. . . help me fellas

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Origin one looking to draw about 47k. I am stoked about this and not attending due to the price for good seats.

Firesale has just started. If they sell level three sideline at $80 a pop I will attend.

beave

Coach
Origin one looking to draw about 47k. I am stoked about this and not attending due to the price for good seats.

Firesale has just started. If they sell level three sideline at $80 a pop I will attend.

FMD, i bought tix in the maroon member area because they were the only ones that were somewhat decently priced (bay 735) for $105 about 2 months ago. Now I see today for $80 you can get in bay 531. I say it every year but still end up going, I get real angry at this shit.

Latest posts