What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

JamesRustle

First Grade
SoO 1 is still really available. I just had a lash to see what was available. Got 4 contiguous seats in 331. $406.80 for that lot just to piss SLR off. Lol.

Weird. Are the Queenslanders sick of winning?
It's just that all the seats that haven't been wee'd on have been sold.

beave

Coach
2014 the prices went up significantly, tickets that were $120-$140 were now all of a sudden $280-$300. These weren't even in decent areas (im talking up top of the 3rd tier) I only know this because i went to games in 2013 and 2014 and was astounded at the price jump for pretty much the same seats.

Just on tomorrows game, a heap of lads I work have just bought pretty decent seats down low in the end 300 bays for $80 a pop They all thought the game had sold out, I told them to have a look online and they thought I was taking the piss. They are all currently happy as a pig in shit and bragging about their better/cheaper seats than mine. it seems to be a mindset here from a few years ago that it was always too hard to get tickets to origin at suncorp so dont bother. A re-education I reckon is needed because those days are long gone since the prices went up, a lot of the lower income earners are priced out which is a shame.

I'd say the fire sale will continue until they're all gone right up until kick off.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
2014 the prices went up significantly, tickets that were $120-$140 were now all of a sudden $280-$300. These weren't even in decent areas (im talking up top of the 3rd tier) I only know this because i went to games in 2013 and 2014 and was astounded at the price jump for pretty much the same seats.

Just on tomorrows game, a heap of lads I work have just bought pretty decent seats down low in the end 300 bays for $80 a pop They all thought the game had sold out, I told them to have a look online and they thought I was taking the piss. They are all currently happy as a pig in shit and bragging about their better/cheaper seats than mine. it seems to be a mindset here from a few years ago that it was always too hard to get tickets to origin at suncorp so dont bother. A re-education I reckon is needed because those days are long gone since the prices webt up, a lot of the lower income earners are priced out which isna shame.

I'd say the fire sale will continue until they're all gone right up until kick off.

NRL had to pay for its massive increase in 'Events, Game and Sponsorship ' some how. Expenditure in this area has gone from $45mill in 2013 to $72mill in 2016!

Paullyboy

Coach
it seems to be a mindset here from a few years ago that it was always too hard to get tickets to origin at suncorp so dont bother. A re-education I reckon is needed because those days are long gone since the prices webt up, a lot of the lower income earners are priced out which isna shame.

You're 100% right. I for one never even bother looking for Origin tickets, they used to sell out within hours. I assumed that was the case again this year, so it wasn't until yesterday that I realised it was even an option to go.

Having said, I'd rather watch it at the pub anyway, so that's what I'll be doing.

Clifferd

Coach
With the Force getting the boot from the ARU, NRL would be extremely dumb to not make a move there in the next couple years

undertaker

Coach

But not as low as Origin III 2014 (50,155), which remains the lowest crowd at Suncorp since the redevelopment was completed in 2003.

Raiderdave

First Grade
game 2 will sellout

game 3 will be a dead rubber , but tickets will be cheap
Thurston will play in that ( his final origin )
& that will ensure a sellout there too

moffla

Bench
Was about to book flights to Sydney for Game 2 then realised game tickets will cost more than the flights.
Probably worth it but not justifiable to the bank account!

Clifferd

Coach
Was about to book flights to Sydney for Game 2 then realised game tickets will cost more than the flights.
Probably worth it but not justifiable to the bank account!

If you wanna see a nsw Masterclass it'll be worth it.

The start of a dominant era

Clifferd

Coach
Usually go every year, however missed out on 2014.

Maybe I'm better off not being there!

Haha mate I went to the 2014 game, bitch of a place to get out of but the place sounded like it was going to blow up with the noise Jarryd Hayne created when he jumped into the crowd

One of the best live moments I've been to apart from the benji flick in 05 gf when everyone lost it

beave

Coach
I sat at the Top of bay 735 (well the 3rd last row) in the apparent 'Maroon Member' area last night. Had full view of the field, but this is what the view of the new big screen looks like now....... trying to watch a replay of what just happened up the other end of the field was f$&@ing pointless.

11930663-DBC2-4052-BCBA-33950B3A9A27_zps7dpqbzmo.jpg

The choice of tickets 8 weeks ago was pretty limited as I needed 4 seats in a row and there wasn't much available. I don't know if the stadium/ticketek mess with whats available online over time but it feels like they trickle feed tickets on the market to force you into certain areas. Im sure SLR can debunk it? but for $105 a pop I thought that view is pretty f$&@ing ordinary and the fact all of a sudden a massive amount of tickets were opened up at last minute down in the lower bowl that weren't there a few months ago and were a lot cheaper than what we paid for shitter seats was a little perplexing. Im not as stupid as to realise they needed to offload the tickets last minute but I couldn't get 4 seats in the lower area when I went to buy them 8 weeks ago and when I did a dummy buy Tuesday, sure enough you could get 4 there.

moffla

Bench
Haha mate I went to the 2014 game, bitch of a place to get out of but the place sounded like it was going to blow up with the noise Jarryd Hayne created when he jumped into the crowd

One of the best live moments I've been to apart from the benji flick in 05 gf when everyone lost it
Was stuck watching it on a phone in Brazil at 5.45am

Safe to say wasn't the same experience haha

Latest posts