What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

adamkungl

Immortal
Trying to buy tickets during last nights game was extremely difficult, I think every merkin jumped on ticketek after the Tedesco try

Mister M

Juniors
The Storm could be OK, because of the central stadium location.Leave straight from work, and the game will be essentially over before AFL has started, so may help with TV ratings.

Remains to be seen though.

For those that remember this post from back in January and the ensuring discussion around whether the Melbourne Storm wouldn't be negatively effected by a Friday 6pm time slot, tonight's the night.

So far this season the Storm have averaged 16,600 fans a game across their four home games (14,753 if you exclude ANZAC Day) with the lowest being 12,694 when we had terrible whether on a Sunday afternoon.

Despite all the positives suggesting that the crowd would turn up:
-That this is the first Storm game in Melbourne since Anzac Day (over a month)
-The AFL game is down in Geelong tonight and it's bye round so 4 Victorian clubs aren't even playing this weekend
-The Storm have done a great job hyping this game up as "Leave Work Early" Day including a 'fake' news Report on Social Media from 9 news
-'Bring a mate' free ticket offer for members. For example I was offered 2 free GA tickets on top of my membership for tonight
-The 'Free Doughnut' promotion where if the Storm can keep the Knights to 'doughnuts' in one of the halves of tonight's game everyone in the crowd gets a free doughnut from Doughnut time.

The fact that it is at 6pm will negatively impact the crowd and I predict we will get less than 10,000 people there tonight. I said when the draw first came out that this fixture won't work in Melbourne.

It's a shame that MANY Storm supporters due to situations out of their own control (poor scheduling, decision to sell away games) won't be able to watch their full side (not missing Origin players) play at home between Anzac Day and the 8th of July. That's 10 weeks between suitable home games for Storm supporters to watch Smith & Cronk-- in an expansion market you want to keep the fans attention all season--not wait until mid-July to get the Melbourne public interested.

azza29

Juniors
The fact that it is at 6pm will negatively impact the crowd and I predict we will get less than 10,000 people there tonight. I said when the draw first came out that this fixture won't work in Melbourne.

It's a little chilly but no rain in the forecast, and no AFL on tonight. Crowd might be a little lighter than a typical Friday or Saturday night game and there won't be much of an away crowd but I think there will be at least 13-14k at tonight's game.

From memory we even managed a decent turnout on a Thursday night earlier this season, no reason 6pm Friday should be any worse.

moffla

Bench
I just had a quick look at ticket prices as I have two mates coming tonight. $30 for GA seems really steep when considering the timeslot. Should be capped a $20 for game like these but that's a different argument.

I think rusted on members who haven't seen us in action since ANZAC day will be dead keen to go regardless of the time so that will help our cause.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I just bought three tickets tonight for ANZ, the good thing is there is a 30% discount on all tickets; which is great by the Eels to try and attract fans into a low drawing game. I just didn't see it advertised. Eels fans is this offer being marketed at all?

Raiderdave

First Grade
not real flash
about 21K for both games

hopefully there'll be at least 15K at ANZ this afternoon & at Allianz later in the day & something similar
in Townsville tonight

Brookvale should be at what ever its capacity is these days for tomorrow if the weather is fine .. around 15K
& ANZ hopefully will get a good crowd too for what is a very important game for both the dogs & panthers

Latest posts