What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Imagine
FMD, i bought tix in the maroon member area because they were the only ones that were somewhat decently priced (bay 735) for $105 about 2 months ago. Now I see today for $80 you can get in bay 531. I say it every year but still end up going, I get real angry at this shit.

When I initially suggested to my missus to go to Canberra for Test (this was six weeks before game), the deal was about $300+ for family tickets. She was kind of happy to do that. I bought them the Monday before. Same seats, for $100 total. It makes a HUGE difference.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
It does suck buts It's been happening for years. Apart from either the Nrl keeping tickets cheap or the Nrl standing there ground and having less people turn up, I'm not sure what the answer could be?

beave

Coach
Yep. Absolute joke hey. Final rows of 338 were sold at bronze price last night, people in that bay made pay $265 a pop, others for $80. Makes me pretty unreasonably angry.

Im just gonna wait til the final few days before the games from now on, f**k them.

Maroons

Juniors
FMD, i bought tix in the maroon member area because they were the only ones that were somewhat decently priced (bay 735) for $105 about 2 months ago. Now I see today for $80 you can get in bay 531. I say it every year but still end up going, I get real angry at this shit.

Exactly what I did .....pissed. Right up the back on level 7 when they were selling 'bronze' seats in what is actually the diamond section.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
If anything tickets should be sold more on supply and demand. Flog em all off for cheap if they aren't selling.

If you don't like it then wait til the last minute... and risk missing out entirely.

If people think they risk missing out on a big event, they buy earlier at higher prices and it sells out. The system works!

The real problem isn't variable ticket prices, it's sticking to $30+ GA seats for a pointless club game that won't get close to a sell out.

Raiderdave

First Grade
If anything tickets should be sold more on supply and demand. Flog em all off for cheap if they aren't selling.

If you don't like it then wait til the last minute... and risk missing out entirely.

If people think they risk missing out on a big event, they buy earlier at higher prices and it sells out. The system works!

The real problem isn't variable ticket prices, it's sticking to $30+ GA seats for a pointless club game that won't get close to a sell out.

this
ANZ will never sellout for a club game
it will rarely be half full in fact

so where is the logic in charging $35 for a GA ticket there
it has its .. reputation .. as a venue as it is already & it needs to be made a more viable attractive option for punters

cheap as chips tickets in its present state it should be the starting point.
I know that'll make it hard for home clubs there to sell memberships if this happens

but
something has to be done

Pommy

Coach
this
ANZ will never sellout for a club game
it will rarely be half full in fact

so where is the logic in charging $35 for a GA ticket there
it has its .. reputation .. as a venue as it is already & it needs to be made a more viable attractive option for punters

cheap as chips tickets in its present state it should be the starting point.
I know that'll make it hard for home clubs there to sell memberships if this happens

but
something has to be done

There has to be some critical number where selling more tickets will come at a cost of employing more staff. I have no idea what that number would be though, I guess the trick is trying to offset the cost with more sales inside the ground.
Then if its a lot more effort to make the same amount of money why would the stadium owners bother? Its not like they care if the NRL has a good looking product on the TV.

I do agree something has to change, I'm just thinking out loud here really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given you wouldn't really have to open anymore seating to get 25k in as opposed to 10k at ANZ I wouldn't think the cost of putting the game on to a bigger audience would be a factor. Unless I'm mistaken it is the clubs that set the ticket prices and what deals are on offer, not the stadium. The Monday night South's game I went to had $15 GA tickets for example.

Getting an extra 10,000 in at $15 would be worth it surely, especially for the stadium who make their money on beer and food sales as wella s being attractive for corporate box sales and sponsorship around the ground. An empty stadium does no one any favours.

carcharias

Immortal
Given you wouldn't really have to open anymore seating to get 25k in as opposed to 10k at ANZ I wouldn't think the cost of putting the game on to a bigger audience would be a factor. Unless I'm mistaken it is the clubs that set the ticket prices and what deals are on offer, not the stadium. The Monday night South's game I went to had $15 GA tickets for example.

Getting an extra 10,000 in at $15 would be worth it surely, especially for the stadium who make their money on beer and food sales as wella s being attractive for corporate box sales and sponsorship around the ground. An empty stadium does no one any favours.

Dunno if the clubs do set prices

The whole buying of tix is not with my club anymore. (Premiers)

I did notice price has gone up lately since ticketek took over all the online stuff.

Pommy

Coach

I imagine you need x number of stewards, medics, police etc for expected numbers.
Again I'm just thinking allowed I'm not saying this is fact.
I didn't think the clubs got the gate, just a payment for playing at the shithole.

seanoff

Juniors
SoO 1 is still really available. I just had a lash to see what was available. Got 4 contiguous seats in 331. $406.80 for that lot just to piss SLR off. Lol.

Weird. Are the Queenslanders sick of winning?

Canard

Immortal
SoO 1 is still really available. I just had a lash to see what was available. Got 4 contiguous seats in 331. $406.80 for that lot just to piss SLR off. Lol.

Weird. Are the Queenslanders sick of winning?

I think its a combination of the following(in order):

1) Pricing, people took a look weeks ago and went f**k that and never came back.
2) People saving their money for Game 3, recent history shows their are good odds that it will be the decider.
3) A fear of losing, QLD appear more vulnerable then at anytime during this "run"

undertaker

Coach
It wasn't that long ago that Suncorp Origin matches sold out in the space of 1-2 hours max.
Have ticket prices really gone up that much to the point where tickets are still available in the city that at one stage would supposedly fill Suncorp if it had ANZ Stadium's 83k capacity (used to hear that from QLDers on this forum and in the media ad nauseum)?

Big Salad

Juniors
From recollection the price of tickets went up significantly 2-3 years ago, beyond what would be considered reasonable in one go, so the value proposition for fans doesn't stack up.

The increasingly later kick off time wouldn't help for families either.

Latest posts