What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

you said 12K at Kogarah is better then 12K at ANZ
or are you going to misquote yourself & get that wrong too ?

Besides, 12k at Kogarah > 12k at ANZ for all things except $$$.

"Besides is a synonym for "irrespective"

well $100K at Homebush > not making not one cent out of playing at Kogarah with a crowd of 13K

And then you went on to agree with me.

And yes... Sydneysiders do need to change their habits for the game to grow in Sydney. My original post was actually about how Saints fans were particularly bad at getting to ANZ. The metro west project is coming, albeit in 10 or so years. It will have a profound effect on access to ANZ from all over Sydney. Until then, or at least until the ANZ redevelopment, fixtures such as these would be better served elsewhere.

Once we have a shiny new, fit for purpose, rectangular venue and better transport infrastructure... well, that's an all together different story. These things are coming and they will provide a great boost for Sydney crowds.

adamkungl

Immortal
So
Eels 9k
Storm 11k
2 of the so called Big Clubs Dragons and Tigers at a central stadium (right game right ground) 12k
No fans Roosters V out of towners in the rain, also 12k

Lol

BTown324

Juniors
I wouldn't be celebrating that you got 12k to a game. Regardless if it's better than other ***ttier crowds it's still ****.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cowboys are still in some sort of ok form, what's doing with the crowds up there? Favoured timeslot and all?

Or is it no JT - no crowd?

beave

Coach
I highly disagree that we are in OK form, in fact being honest we are going pretty shit. We were atrocious against the eels in our last home game 4 weeks ago mate. The only thing saving us over the last 6 weeks was your lot playing like utter shit in our game in Sydney and a bye. we struggled in a win against the Knights in TVL as well.

We will probably finish on the bottom end of the 8 and may even struggle to stay in the 8if we get any more injuries, our position currently is a bit misleading IMO. We're 2 front rowers short (one if Thumper Scott was available) to be a threat, even if we had the King in the North playing.

Contrary to popular belief though, the Titans and that game being called a 'QLD derby' is highly misleading. No one gives a f$&@ about the pissant club in NQ.I didn't see the Tigers Dragons game yesterday being flogged in the media as being a NSW derby? At least Kograh-Campbeltown is within 100kms of each other. Tvl-GC is about 1500kms, so f$&@ knows how it remotely qualifies as a 'derby'

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Titans fan base is improving but still low.

They have potential, as witnessed in their first few years.

Asking mates who used to have corporate boxes in the early days at Robina what has gone wrong, they doubled in cost over one off season and they told the club to jam it and have barely been back and it seems a lot of other businesses have done the same. I think Searles vision was very ambitious with the CoE and the hosing I believe a lot of the local contractors/businesses took when it was time to get paid has tarnished the whole brand. It will take time to re-connect with the locals.

I was surprised at the game against us on the GC they had 17k. I reckon conservatively 6-7k in attendance were NQ fans. Could have been a touch more.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys are still in some sort of ok form, what's doing with the crowds up there? Favoured timeslot and all?

Or is it no JT - no crowd?

It's hard to make excuses that's for sure.

Origin taking away from the build up?

We need some "heat" in this rivalry. Maybe a punch on next time?