What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cronullas crowds have been sht since 1967 (except for 2005), why does anyone think it will be different this year?

Sharkman05

Juniors
Cronulla's crowds have been competitive with every other Sydney team since at least 1999.

On multiple occasions their yearly crowd averages have been better than the so called big clubs.

Cronulla having shit crowds is a myth.

Anyway we are more financially secure than many clubs, own our own ground, are unmerged, have a major development underway and oh year we're the premiers.

So Dave and Perth red once again, GET f**kED you are just jealous.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
We got 19.5k but at the leicharddt game, while at gio it was only 11k?

So according to your logic, we actually won
its was 18.5 at leichardt when a spot in the 8 was on the line for you
how'd that go again ? hahaha
& there were about 5K Raiders fans there at leichardt for that game too ... no need to thank us in helping fill your ground for you

& there were 13.5K for GIO in a meaningless game on a cold winters night when we were in a bit of a losing streak
oh & 5 Tigers fans were there

& it didn't rain
& we weren't even the premiers either lol

Raiderdave

First Grade
Cronulla's crowds have been competitive with every other Sydney team since at least 1999.

On multiple occasions their yearly crowd averages have been better than the so called big clubs.

Cronulla having shit crowds is a myth.

Anyway we are more financially secure than many clubs, own our own ground, are unmerged, have a major development underway and oh year we're the premiers.

So Dave and Perth red once again, GET f**kED you are just jealous.

yeah ... we only wish we could get crowds like that hahahahaha

Raiderdave

First Grade
It was pissing down immediately after the game
Torrential rain
So hard I couldn't see out the windscreen.
It rained during the day
It rained all week leading up and has been raining on and off ever since.
People got soaked walking out and to their cars .

immediately after ??

hahahahahahaha

carcharias

Immortal
Cronullas crowds have been sht since 1967 (except for 2005), why does anyone think it will be different this year?

Ha

But what about all the sharks fans at the Grand final

Tell me... did you watch it?
And if so..
How badly did it hurt ?

Clifferd

Coach
its was 18.5 at leichardt when a spot in the 8 was on the line for you
how'd that go again ? hahaha
& there were about 5K Raiders fans there at leichardt for that game too ... no need to thank us in helping fill your ground for you

& there were 13.5K for GIO in a meaningless game on a cold winters night when we were in a bit of a losing streak
oh & 5 Tigers fans were there

& it didn't rain
& we weren't even the premiers either lol

Where do you get those figures from? Hahaha

I was at that leicharddht game, and it was very very hard to spot a raiders fan

Lucky to be about 500 in fact, also are you saying there wasn't a Good 5000-7000 sharks fans to help fill out gio stadium in that semi last year?

You bag out crowds, which is what we are arguing about here, not on field results...and canberras crowds/averages really aren't even better? Lol

carcharias

Immortal
Perth red watching his team

images

Valheru

Coach
12 hours before hand

yes dopey

Ok Dave, I'll indulge you since you are an expert on crowds and weather.

What is the amount of time that rain has to continue leading up to kick off for it to have a negative impact on crowds?

taipan

Referee
Not really, you're usually on par with Penrith, manly and Wests and behind everyone else.

Seriously you need to check the crowds from 67 onwards.They had crowds around 4,000 yonks ago when they had bench seats ,where the ET stand now sits.
I doubt Perth would get 11,500 on a Thursday night ,with rain most of teh day .and threateb=ning at teh time of the match.
As to memberships and crowds not far behind the bigger Sydney clubs(established far longer).

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seriously you need to check the crowds from 67 onwards.They had crowds around 4,000 yonks ago when they had bench seats ,where the ET stand now sits.
I doubt Perth would get 11,500 on a Thursday night ,with rain most of teh day .and threateb=ning at teh time of the match.
As to memberships and crowds not far behind the bigger Sydney clubs(established far longer).

Hey I was resetting expectations. Cronulla's crowds have barley ever topped 13,000avg (8 times in 50 years) so just under 12k on a Thursday night was par for the course for them, even as reigning premiers. People on here are unrealistic of how popular NRL is, I am realistic, disappointed often, but realistic. If you don't consider sub 13k crowd avg sht for a top tier Australian sport then fair enough, just telling it like it is.