What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

taipan

Referee
Hey I was resetting expectations. Cronulla's crowds have barley ever topped 13,000avg (8 times in 50 years) so just under 12k on a Thursday night was par for the course for them, even as reigning premiers. People on here are unrealistic of how popular NRL is, I am realistic, disappointed often, but realistic. If you don't consider sub 13k crowd avg sht for a top tier Australian sport then fair enough, just telling it like it is.

You wouldn't have a clue about crowd expectations.Thursday night,p*ssing down most of the day, stopped for the game,then squirted down again.One of only a couple of clubs who does not rely on poker machine profits, they don't get it from the Licenced Club.
Play it on a fine night or weekends and smell the difference.
People are realistic here in Sydney about midweek, rain,traffic and scheduling and infrastructure, all have an effect on crowds, some all the time.
And their amended development plans to be approved by the PAC,involve extra a hotel and 3 apartment blocks.
Membership already well up on last year.
Yet you are quite happy to have a Perth side lucky to average 13,000.Yeah we knowing where you are coming from,
What we do know ,you can't see past the Simpson Desert.

T-Boon

Coach
I would renamed the Sharks the Southern Sharks and have them shift firstly 3 games (18,19) then as many as 6 games (20, 21) to Adelaide.
I would guarantee them 6 games a year at Shark Park for the next 10 years and promise them prime time games such as Sunday afternoon or whatever.

taipan

Referee
And to prove my point in 2016,when played at Cronulla on weekends

Mar Dragons 17,946
24/4 Penrith 14,273
1/5 Broncos 14,406
21/5 Manly 16,601
2/7 Parramatta 19,142
24/7 Newcastle 16,882
6/8 Raiders 15,133
27/8 Roosters 14,457

If Perth got 14,000 they would be wetting their strides.Oh sorry I forgot,they don't exist.So it's all hypothetical.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Hey I was resetting expectations. Cronulla's crowds have barley ever topped 13,000avg (8 times in 50 years) so just under 12k on a Thursday night was par for the course for them, even as reigning premiers. People on here are unrealistic of how popular NRL is, I am realistic, disappointed often, but realistic. If you don't consider sub 13k crowd avg sht for a top tier Australian sport then fair enough, just telling it like it is.
We have approx 12 1/2 thousand members
11 1/2 thousand showed up on a Thursday night in shit weather against an inter state team with about 20 supporters there.

taipan

Referee
After 50 years in the comp Id be gutted and concerned about the future of RL in WA if so few were interested in the game.

Well appears so few are interested in the game in WA,so you'd know the feeling.Probably why you whine so much.
Of course huge crowds attend any NRL game in Perth when it rains heavily.o_O
60,000 Sharks fans attended the G/F ,they came from everywhere.
And after 50 years the club will be in the top 3-4 financially strong NRL clubs.No need for private investment.
Oh what a feeling,Premiers.
Continuing record number of memberships for NRL clubs in 2017,yep few interested according to the Fremantle Doctor.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Perth might average 12-13000 with one team

Obviously with Sydney having 8.5 teams in one market the crowds are never going to be brilliant.

To all those Cronulla haters, the good news is you can keep hating for years to come as we are going no where anytime soon.

Marlins

Juniors
Round 2 Predictions -

Roosters Vs Bulldogs
SFS 6K
worst Crowd will beat the Dragoons this week will be amazed if the Goosters crack 10K this year.

Warriors Vs Storm
Mt.Smart 20K
Hopefully Fri Night game & against the Storm

Broncos Vs Cowboys
Suncorp 51K
Obviously Crowd of the Week the best 2 Nrl teams in the Heart of RL:ok_hand:

Knights Vs Titans
McDonald 20K
Newcastle faithful should turn up

Manly Vs Rabbitohs
LOTTOLAND 9K
Manly have more chance of winning the Lotto then cracking a decent crowd

Raiders Vs Sharks
Gio 22K
I would love to see Ennis Sideline comentating This game

Tigers Vs Panthers
Campbelltown 9.5K

Komodos Vs Eels
Win 8K
unless it's raining then 1.5K

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Round 2 Predictions -

Broncos Vs Cowboys
Suncorp 51K
Obviously Crowd of the Week the best 2 Nrl teams in the Heart of RL
:ok_hand:

Impossible while Suncorp is in GA mode unfortunately.. :(

Corporates wont get us to that either. 44,500 - 47,000 I think. Almost a sell out.

Marlins

Juniors

Corporates wont get us to that either. 44,500 - 47,000 I think. Almost a sell out.
Yeah I know I was just throwing some bait out. Hopefully it will be a sellout 47K will be great

carcharias

Immortal
After 50 years in the comp Id be gutted and concerned about the future of RL in WA if so few were interested in the game.

Why do you continue to live in this fantasy world?

The NRL has no interest in Perth
And ... we don't care.

Assuming no or little weekend rain.

Easts vs Canterbury - 9k
NZ vs Melbourne - 19k
Brisbane vs NQ - 47K
Newcastle vs Gold Coast - 19.5k
Manly vs Souths - 11k
Canberra vs Cronulla - 19k
Wests vs Penrith - 11.5k
Dragons vs Eels - 11k

Big Salad

Juniors

The new screens are being installed at Suncorp after the Bieber concerts next week, so capacity will reduced by a few hundred seats by that too in the future, even after installation is completed in May.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It can't be shaping up too badly. My workmate tried to get tickets but only single seats available, and that was 2 days ago apparently

Raiderdave

First Grade
There are some pretty embarrassing raiders fans

I'm talking about myself

they started the stirring ... again
& whine like little cry babies when they're called on their pathetic opening home crowd

whaaaaaa we're the premiers
whaaaaa you're all jealous of us

hahahaha