What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
Roosters V Bulldogs 11500
Warriors V Storm 16500
Broncos V Cowboys 47500
Knights V Titans 12500
Manly V Souths 11500
Raiders V Sharks 17500
Tigers V Panthers 12500
Dragons V Parramatta 12500

cleary89

Coach
they started the stirring ... again
& whine like little cry babies when they're called on their pathetic opening home crowd

whaaaaaa we're the premiers
whaaaaa you're all jealous of us

hahahaha
Are you still going? Are you sure you dont have autism? Its been a week.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The new screens are being installed at Suncorp after the Bieber concerts next week, so capacity will reduced by a few hundred seats by that too in the future, even after installation is completed in May.

They are putting the seats that they take up around the corners of level 7 apparently?

Im so confused too. I thought the small sections, 532 and 511 would be the bays removed, but I am sure there are season ticketed members in 511!?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Roosters V Bulldogs 10000
Warriors V Storm 14000
Broncos V Cowboys 41000
Knights V Titans 13000
Manly V Souths 9500
Raiders V Sharks 15000
Tigers V Panthers10000
Dragons V Parramatta

beave

Coach
They are putting the seats that they take up around the corners of level 7 apparently?

Im so confused too. I thought the small sections, 532 and 511 would be the bays removed, but I am sure there are season ticketed members in 511!?

Looks like 311/312 and 321/322 lose a few seats and an access tunnel around the new screens to free up the space required for the bigger screen install, here's an artist impression from a news article about it.

images

Craigshark

First Grade
Assuming no or little weekend rain.

Easts vs Canterbury - 9k
NZ vs Melbourne - 19k
Brisbane vs NQ - 47K
Newcastle vs Gold Coast - 19.5k
Manly vs Souths - 11k
Canberra vs Cronulla - 19k
Wests vs Penrith - 11.5k
Dragons vs Eels - 11k

19k? If the Raiders don't get at least a sell out, it's a failure.

19k? If the Raiders don't get at least a sell out, it's a failure.

Seems an odd one to pick out. The 4 estimates so far for this game have been:
17.5k - Raiderdave

"At least" a sell out sets the bar pretty high.

Good chance to crack 20k and hopefully it does. Mind you, I'm a long way from Canberra and have no idea about the hype or vibe in town. Hopefully you're right.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Looks like 311/312 and 321/322 lose a few seats and an access tunnel around the new screens to free up the space required for the bigger screen install, here's an artist impression from a news article about it.

images

You mean level 5 but yeah, would have to go here. Will look weird, the screens are going to be massive. I'm wondering if they will add a few rows to the seats behind 332, 333, 331 and 311, 310 & 312 - moving wheel chair seats to the corners. I heard another whisper that definitely lacks substance that they could bring the corners of 507 and 516 closer to the western stand. Would be cool.

adamkungl

Immortal
17.5k - Raiderdave

Good chance to crack 20k and hopefully it does. Mind you, I'm a long way from Canberra and have no idea about the hype or vibe in town. Hopefully you're right.

Yeah, at least a sell out! If they're true fans they'll sell it out twice.

Craigshark

First Grade
17.5k - Raiderdave

Just pointing it out to that idiot Raiderdave.

Raiderdave

First Grade
fancy sharks fans lecturing anyone on sellouts lol
they could barely half fill their home ground for their first home game as premiers

as for a roosters fan !!

baaawwwww hahahahahahahahaha

I mean seriously
will they even get to 5 figures against the Bulldogs tonight ??
hilarious stuff

Diesel

Referee
And Sydney has 9 nrl teams and Brisbane has 1. You should be getting 50k each game.
Problem is having one team in Brisbane is doing more harm then good. Broncos coaster without even trying, there's no cross town rivalry and any non-Broncos fan wanting to watch NRL has to pay to watch the Broncos play.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just quietly, and not to get involved as when any side does have hype behind them, the crowds are brilliant.

Happy to provide a few points for discussion;
- Tickets for Cronulla's first home game were fully sold out except for GA and a few south bay non alcohol seats, this shows probably around 15-17k tickets were sold. It was on a Thursday night, it rained, a school night with rain. People will forfeit their tickets and cop the loss to avoid discomfort. 11k on paper looks shit, when it rains, regardless of how much - the crowd will fail.

- Canberra hosted a sell out week one finals game, then did not sell out the next. Canberra's ticket sales are looking quite good for this weekend. Like Cronulla, good with the bad. Like any NRL team or the weather, good with the bad.

Last edited:

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Heard on the radio that 17,000 tickets have been pre-sold for Raiders-Sharks. Assume that is taking into account the full season memberships plus some sales