What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
They were great days. Mid 30's as well.

it was actually 38000 in 1993
& 35000 in 1994

I also went to a final on a miserable pouring with rain saturday afternoon final when manly played the broncos & 32000 attended that day in 1990
in 1991 , 35000 turned up when Manly played the Raiders on a saturday
So Manly fans used to make the effort in big numbers , but all of these finals had something else in common too , all day finals for starters , there were no night finals in those days , also
a ticket scheme where you paid about $100 ( it never got to anymore then $120 i think ) to attend every final including the Grand final as they were all played at the SFS , the NSWRL had this scheme going from 1990
10000 tickets were released
they were snapped up in a few hours of going on sale every year til it stopped when the ARL took over & finals started to be played outside of Sydney in 1995
if you didn't want to go , or couldn't to a particular final , you'd give the ticket to that game or sell it to somone who did
so lots of neutrals going to finals
we need to entice these people back to attend finals in Sydney ( and everywhere )
even if their side isn't playing , but particularly in Sydney

cheap as chips tickets to ticketed members of any Sydney side ?
free tickets to the competing clubs members
junior players in for nix as well

lets get the stands filled eh ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
it was actually 38000 in 1993
& 35000 in 1994

I also went to a final on a miserable pouring with rain saturday afternoon final when manly played the broncos & 32000 attended that day in 1990
in 1991 , 35000 turned up when Manly played the Raiders on a saturday
So Manly fans used to make the effort in big numbers , but all of these finals had something else in common too , all day finals for starters , there were no night finals in those days , also
a ticket scheme where you paid about $100 ( it never got to anymore then $120 i think ) to attend every final including the Grand final as they were all played at the SFS , the NSWRL had this scheme going from 1990
10000 tickets were released
they were snapped up in a few hours of going on sale every year til it stopped when the ARL took over & finals started to be played outside of Sydney in 1995
if you didn't want to go , or couldn't to a particular final , you'd give the ticket to that game or sell it to somone who did
so lots of neutrals going to finals
we need to entice these people back to attend finals in Sydney ( and everywhere )
even if their side isn't playing , but particularly in Sydney

cheap as chips tickets to ticketed members of any Sydney side ?
free tickets to the competing clubs members
junior players in for nix as well

lets get the stands filled eh ?
You keep romanticising the 90s like it's some great period and yes we had some great crowds and you have great ideas but there were a lot of shit crowds too. Many worse than today.

Stallion

First Grade
Saints v canterbury bankstown bulldogs today. Given the importance to Saints, the weather, a large venue a crowd numbering 40000 should be achievable today. Lets hope so. Apparently a cheaper ticket deal is available for the fans today?

Clifferd

Coach
Dunno about 40. Depends how much dogs really do care about Reynolds leaving

I reckon 30k is a real possibility though and am predicting low 30s-high 20s

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I remember Manly playing the Cowboys week 1 of the finals a few years ago at Allianz and pulled 12k or something equally paltry......

Would you rather 12k at a "central" stadium or 14-15 k at a suburban ground ??

ARLC shoul send Manly finals up to the Central Coast...

Theyd pack 20k into that, send top flight RL to an area that doesnt get much, avoid the "Manly cant play at SFS" b*tch-fest AND it might even begin Manly's inevitable move out of Brooky.

mave

Coach
ARLC shoul send Manly finals up to the Central Coast...

Theyd pack 20k into that, send top flight RL to an area that doesnt get much, avoid the "Manly cant play at SFS" b*tch-fest AND it might even begin Manly's inevitable move out of Brooky.

Hard to disagree with that.
Certainly a better option than Homebush imo.

And the permanent move is inevitable, I agree.

Good to storm get crowds that should be getting regularly for an proclaimed 'sporting capital' the storm should be 20k crowds often for all that success. Brisbane bandwagon the lions/reds when successful and outdraw the broncos which is embarrassing for league 'capital'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What was the crowd for the Knights game today? Wasn't an announcement on tv

20,535. Well done knights fans, another wooden spoon but the fans stick by them. Are you watching south Sydney and warriors fans?

20,508 at Storm last night also a great crowd

23,321 at cowboys, great crowd

21,533 at eels good crowd

These should be what we are aiming for at nrl games. Then you've got Roosters and manly dragging it down.

Latest posts