What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
the Bunker is just the video ref re packaged
we've had refferals for 20 years now , it aint nothing new.
Poor marketing is a furphy too , if people are true supporters then they don't need to be told whats on or be encouraged to attend. There was an appropriate level of marketing for mine.
As for rivalry .. haha.. please .. who cares who you're playing , its your season on the line
get off your fat lazy arse & get to the game.

Still missing the point Raiderdave. The bunker is a negative experience. This adds to reasons to be frustrated at a game which fans do not like. The marketing was not good enough and the package suggestions/ideas are ok in my books in attracting fans to the 3 games ar the SFS . A mate of mine asked me if last nights game was 'sudden death' during the telecast . The poor information and current tact in marketing the finals in Sydney needs improving and the bunker is just another factor pissing people off.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Still missing the point Raiderdave. The bunker is a negative experience. This adds to reasons to be frustrated at a game which fans do not like. The marketing was not good enough and the package suggestions/ideas are ok in my books in attracting fans to the 3 games ar the SFS . A mate of mine asked me if last nights game was 'sudden death' during the telecast . The poor information and current tact in marketing the finals in Sydney needs improving and the bunker is just another factor pissing people off.

utter crap
your mate is a moron if he is a supporter , & hes the problem with the game , not any imaginary lack of marketing or a refferal system we've had for decades that is now part & parcel of the game.
Seriously the straw clutching by Sydneysiders to excuse their laziness knows no bounds.

Brutus

Referee
A home final against Penrith is the absolute worst case scenario for the Brisbane crowd figure.

We should get 45k plus but it will be similar to the 43k we got against titans last year, which was heavily rain affected. Also, the nrl will price hike the suncorp final like they did last year I reckon. Hopefully not...

Should be enough Broncos fans to ensure a sell-out for a week 2 semi.

If Adelaide can sell-out two week 1 finals for the fumbleball then surely Brisbane can sell out its one and only final or as Michael Ennis says "foornal".

Stallion

First Grade
utter crap
your mate is a moron if he is a supporter , & hes the problem with the game , not any imaginary lack of marketing or a refferal system we've had for decades that is now part & parcel of the game.
Seriously the straw clutching by Sydneysiders to excuse their laziness knows no bounds.

Im a regional fan and yes i have called this mate of mine a moron as well. But he did not know it was a knockout game. Hes private school educated so that may be a reason (lol) . Im pretty sure that people/fans en masse would rather the on field referee make the calls. Its detracting from the game day and viewer experience.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Im a regional fan and yes i have called this mate of mine a moron as well. But he did not know it was a knockout game. Hes private school educated so that may be a reason (lol) . Im pretty sure that people/fans en masse would rather the on field referee make the calls. Its detracting from the game day and viewer experience.

im pretty sure they'd just complain about wrong calls then which would occur because referees are humans & make mistakes so it makes zero difference to whining fans & what they don't like about the game , its just a different thing. The % of correct calls these days has never been higher due to referals
the game is fast , the players are freaks
our officials would need to be 22nd century robots to get into position to make correct calls
they can't ,they / we need video assistance.

So this guy is private school type, but cannot work out what "elimination" final means?

Righto

Raiderdave

First Grade
Should be enough Broncos fans to ensure a sell-out for a week 2 semi.

If Adelaide can sell-out two week 1 finals for the fumbleball then surely Brisbane can sell out its one and only final or as Michael Ennis says "foornal".

well they didn't sellout the 2nd one just to correct you
it was only 41K there last night

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The game in Melbourne beforehand may have had an impact on neutral fans going to the later game. There would have been a lot of fans prefering to watch that rather than head out to the live game.

Plus, seriously how many neutral fans in Sydney would go and watch Manly?

Stallion

First Grade
The game in Melbourne beforehand may have had an impact on neutral fans going to the later game. There would have been a lot of fans prefering to watch that rather than head out to the live game.

Plus, seriously how many neutral fans in Sydney would go and watch Manly?

To be fair. Penrith and Manly would be the worst case scenario for a Finals match in Sydney. It showed last night. Mind you all the games were good but Penrith isnt popular and Manly is disliked my many neutral fans.

Billythekid

First Grade
To be fair. Penrith and Manly would be the worst case scenario for a Finals match in Sydney. It showed last night. Mind you all the games were good but Penrith isnt popular and Manly is disliked my many neutral fans.

You mean worst case scenario in terms of a Sydney derby right? Because I doubt the crowd would have been any better against a non NSW team.

Canard

Immortal

With HD TV, super slo mo replays etc. I think it's unrealistic to think we could step back to the 1980s like that.

Red Bear

Referee
Really poor crowd.

Not completely surprising. Penrith fans dont travel that much and Manly have completely isolated themselves over many years. Not one for the neutrals.

Maybe a 7pm kick off would've been slightly better but still a poor effort.

undertaker

Coach
Weren't previous few year's Saturday week 1 finals on at 6pm/8pm? (excluding the double header in 2013) Why was it changed to 4:10pm/7:40pm this year?

Stallion

First Grade
You mean worst case scenario in terms of a Sydney derby right? Because I doubt the crowd would have been any better against a non NSW team.

Yes. I meant Sydney club scenewise. Prior to dilluiting the Metropolitan clubs courtesy of the superleague war, it might have been North Sydney v Penrith would have been more unnattractive.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I know double headers are frowned upon in finals but I think with the low drawing teams involved a Sunday double header of

2pm Manly v Penrith
4pm Sharks v Cows

Would've ensured atleast 30k for a better look. No AFL across the road & 2 elimination finals games to watch.