What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

AJB1102

First Grade
Can someone just say something derogatory about Ray Hadley in this thread so that the moderators actually start moderating this cess pool! Is it that hard to just follow & discuss crowds without trolling?

CC: @CobyDelaney @Timmah

Ray Hadley is a fair and balanced gentleman as well as a terrific Rugby League commentator, a passion he shares with long time friend Andrew Voss.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Round 2

13,505 Allianz, Roosters
9,811 Mt.Smart, Warriors
47,703 Suncorp, Broncos
12,869 McDonald, Knights
10,138 LottoLand, Lottoland
15,807 Gio, faders
12,232 Campbelltown, Tigers
16,023 Win, Dragons

Total week - 138,088
Week Average - 17,261

Total year - 239,057
Year Average - 14,941

Thank frick for Brisbane. Can we just give them a home game every week?

Ok crowds at raiders and gong, the rest, meh.

yadamisha

Juniors
and about 700 were sharks fans
not too shabby .. : )
maybe the sharks fans there last night could take notes & take them back to their clubs management to help build the atmosphere at their ground seeing as no one seems to want to go it haha

Mmm Sharks got awarded best game day atmosphere and crowd interaction by the NRL for 2015 and I think you will find may have done it again in 2016!!! The Viking Clap is hardly original.

yeah 700 in just one bay! There was BWB everywhere it was obvious on TV, like every time Cronulla plays in Canberra because of the huge support they have in the capital. I personally know 3 families in Canberra (Canberra Natives too I may add) who go for Cronulla and not Canberra. And having lived in Canberra for three years I can speak from experience first hand as to how prominent the Sharks support is in Canberra. No support - you have no idea!!!

Counting your junior league players again this year to boost your member numbers?

Of course there is going to be a big contingent of Sharks fans at Canberra games - it is a happy hunting ground - we have won the last 5!

Your stadium is so good they want to replace it.

carcharias

Immortal
Good crowd in Wollongong.

Was looking at Cronulla's draw and they play 5 home games in a row, how does that happen?

Family's can't afford to go to the footy every week, home games should be more spread out.

If the weather is good I predict 17,459 next week v the steelers.

Well we are in the process of building awesome buildings and carparks and a shop and revenue making machines never before seen in the NRL.
So
We won't play home games for a bit in the middle of the comp.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Round 3

Storm v Broncos - 20K
Dogs v Warriors (Dunedin) - 15K
Titans v Eels - 12K
Knights v Rabbitohs - 17K
Panthers v Roosters - 16K
Cowboys v Manly - 19K
Raiders v Tigers - 12K
Sharks v Dragons - 17K

Raiderdave

First Grade
shame the storm are starting their home games on a thursday night as i think 20K + would have been achieved the following night
the Titans game should have been on the Thursday

Storm V Broncos 15K
Bulldogs V Warriors 15K
Titans V Eels 12K
Knights V Souths 18K
Penrith V Roosters 15K
Cowboys V Manly 15K
Raiders V Tigers 14K
Sharks V Dragons 18K

shame the storm are starting their home games on a thursday night as i think 20K + would have been achieved the following night
the Titans game should have been on the Thursday

Storm V Broncos 15K
Bulldogs V Warriors 15K
Titans V Eels 12K
Knights V Souths 18K
Penrith V Roosters 15K
Cowboys V Manly 15K
Raiders V Tigers 14K
Sharks V Dragons 18K
Let me just confirm this.

You are admitting Thursday night games have an impact on crowd numbers?

Billythekid

First Grade
Storm v Broncos - 15K
Dogs v Warriors (Dunedin) - 16K
Titans v Eels - 11K
Knights v Rabbitohs - 15K
Panthers v Roosters - 16K
Cowboys v Manly - 19K
Raiders v Tigers - 15K
Sharks v Dragons - 18K (if they still let that many in?).

Shame about the storm game. The broncos are one of our 3 biggest drawing opponents and one of our few chances to draw 20K+ and it will be wasted on a Thursday night.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Mmm Sharks got awarded best game day atmosphere and crowd interaction by the NRL for 2015 and I think you will find may have done it again in 2016!!! The Viking Clap is hardly original.

yeah 700 in just one bay! There was BWB everywhere it was obvious on TV, like every time Cronulla plays in Canberra because of the huge support they have in the capital. I personally know 3 families in Canberra (Canberra Natives too I may add) who go for Cronulla and not Canberra. And having lived in Canberra for three years I can speak from experience first hand as to how prominent the Sharks support is in Canberra. No support - you have no idea!!!

Counting your junior league players again this year to boost your member numbers?

Of course there is going to be a big contingent of Sharks fans at Canberra games - it is a happy hunting ground - we have won the last 5!

Your stadium is so good they want to replace it.

jesus pal put the kleenex away
I'd put the Sharks at probably 2nd last for support down here for sydney clubs ... ahead of Penrith
And you can bleat on all you want .. but I know a bit more then you about it having been coming to games here since 1990

We have a lot more members then you lot , don't care how ... we do !!
seems winning the comp hasn't done much for your memberships which is astonishing while we're bearing down on 18,000.

we're replacing our venue because of the extreme weather , not the venue dummy
Canberras a tough place to watch sport outdoors in 1c temps in winter .... when we have our new indoor venue it'll 10 times better then yours .... unlike the 5 times better our present venue is

Raiderdave

First Grade
If total crowds was the main aim of scheduling this would no doubt be so. But scheduling is all about TV ratings.

agreed.
when we take back scheduling next year I hope we keep the best games for the weekend & put duds on on the Thursday night & intice Ch 9 to swap the Thursday night for a Saturday night FTA game

Valheru

Coach
Was looking at Cronulla's draw and they play 5 home games in a row, how does that happen?

Family's can't afford to go to the footy every week, home games should be more spread out.

It seems to be a "feature" of this year's draw, teams having long (3+) stretches of home or away games. The roosters also have 5 home games in a row although 2 have been taken away form the SFS by the club. That's not to mention only 4 of our first 12 games are at home with a stretch of 5 away games from 7 within that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do any teams actually have 5 in a row though? Pretty sure any stretch of that amount either have away "home" games (e.g. Gosford, Adelaide etc) or have a bye in the middle.

It's shit scheduling, gotta agree though.

bazza

Immortal
Do any teams actually have 5 in a row though? Pretty sure any stretch of that amount either have away "home" games (e.g. Gosford, Adelaide etc) or have a bye in the middle.

Even if they do that, they still will have a stretch of 3 or 4 away games later in the season
These sort of things are not great at maintaining fan interest in attendance

carcharias

Immortal

Sharks have 5 in a row at home 2 then the bye then 3
But as I've mentioned it is because of the development being built at shark park.

Latest posts