What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

jesus pal put the kleenex away
I'd put the Sharks at probably 2nd last for support down here for sydney clubs ... ahead of Penrith
And you can bleat on all you want .. but I know a bit more then you about it having been coming to games here since 1990

We have a lot more members then you lot , don't care how ... we do !!
seems winning the comp hasn't done much for your memberships which is astonishing while we're bearing down on 18,000.

we're replacing our venue because of the extreme weather , not the venue dummy
Canberras a tough place to watch sport outdoors in 1c temps in winter .... when we have our new indoor venue it'll 10 times better then yours .... unlike the 5 times better our present venue is

Maybe it's you who should put the Kleenex away.
Your game day atmosphere consists of stealing a ritual from another code/club and having a big cry when people rightly make fun of it.

The Sharks averaged 16k last year and will do well again this year with some good weather.

Now onto your membership argument. The population of the ACT is 357k, the shire is 210k. Despite having 58% of the population of the ACT the sharks have 79% of their membership number. So who's underperforming now ya Derrick?

Don't forget about the stats that matter.

5 wins from 5 trips to Bruce.

carcharias

Immortal
Not only did they steal the clap
They do it when their own team is still in the change rooms.
So they don't even see it.

papabear

Juniors
Your game day atmosphere consists of stealing a ritual from another code/club and having a big cry when people rightly make fun of it.

The Sharks averaged 16k last year and will do well again this year with some good weather.

Now onto your membership argument. The population of the ACT is 357k, the shire is 210k. Despite having 58% of the population of the ACT the sharks have 79% of their membership number. So who's underperforming now ya Derrick?

When the Cronulla / sutherland district is questioned as whether it is a viable place for a full time NRL franchise, it services the cronulla and surrounding districts drawing support from throughout sydney.

When Cronulla / Sutherland fans look at there membership numbers they claim, well we are only a tiny district therefore SFA fans is ok because it is a high proportion of SFA people.

Now I don't mind cronulla in the comp, I would send easts west before them, but really, if the sharks mindset is only to service the small cronulla area and they only grab a good 5% of there population... one has to question there viability.

Raiderdave

First Grade

our game day ritual ... works ... dickhead
whateva the sharks are doing .... doesn't : )

& we didn't win the comp & have our memberships stall
now what club does that I ask ya derrick ? lol

Raiderdave

First Grade
oh & we share our town with 2 other codes
the sharks have the shire to themselves

anything else I can help you with derrick ?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Who cares what gimmicks the raiders try to get people through the door. It seems sharks fans would rather crowds sit in silence with an occasional finger waggle thrown in.

Crowds in canberra have been pretty bad for a while. Its good that the raiders are now trying to engage with the market. They might want to try winning some footy games consistently but there is potential down there for some good growth over the coming years

oh & we share our town with 2 other codes
the sharks have the shire to themselves

anything else I can help you with derrick ?

You havent heard of Sydney FC, The Waratahs, The Sydney Swans, or St George Illawarra Dragons (who surround us)? My my you are sillier than you sound. And that's something.

carcharias

Immortal

Tried it twice on us
You lost both games.
Works unreal

Raiderdave

First Grade
You havent heard of Sydney FC, The Waratahs, The Sydney Swans, or St George Illawarra Dragons (who surround us)? My my you are sillier than you sound. And that's something.

hahahahaha
now youre adding other NRL teams ??
what you think every canberran follows the raiders in the NRL derrick ?

& since when have the waratahs been based in the shire ?
jeez derrick
the straws ... let them go son

Mate you are a flat out dribbler. The Sharks average crowd last year was 15,202 and your precious Raiders were 12,183 despite having a bigger population. The Sharks also won the best game day experience from the NRL. The Raiders did not. That's the end of the section. Stop going on about it you look a fool.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Sharks fans sure are defensive

Here are the realities of the raiders since the beginning of the nrl. Already a fan has to drive out to bruce to sit in a stadium that has no protection from the elements. So its f**king cold through most of the season. I believe its the coldest ground that hosts professional sport in australia.

On top of that the Raiders have been (and i love the club) shithouse. Any good season is followed immediately by a shit season. Any good players turn out to be a maniac who embarrasses the city. The city is also transient so much of the city supports other teams.

On top of all this raiders management has been asleep at the wheel since 1998. Ricky stuart histories greatest monster for all his faults woke management the f**k up.

So them trying literally anything that isnt out of some decrepit board members notebook of 1980s ideas is a good thing. We have a very low bar with raiders management to jump over to get a pat on the back here

Its a miracle they have any fans at all. Especially new fans. You get guys posting on the greenhouse who are twenty and im like wow you were born in 1997 and you support the raiders. Are you a lunatic ? Did alan tounge save you from a burning house ? Whats going on ?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Mate you are a flat out dribbler. The Sharks average crowd last year was 15,202 and your precious Raiders were 12,183 despite having a bigger population. The Sharks also won the best game day experience from the NRL. The Raiders did not. That's the end of the section. Stop going on about it you look a fool.

try 14578 for you lot & you lead the comp for all bar about 3 weeks
if we did that
we'd do a lot better then 14K derrick : )

carcharias

Immortal

Here are the realities of the raiders since the beginning of the nrl. Already a fan has to drive out to bruce to sit in a stadium that has no protection from the elements. So its f**king cold through most of the season. I believe its the coldest ground that hosts professional sport in australia.

On top of that the Raiders have been (and i love the club) shithouse. Any good season is followed immediately by a shit season. Any good players turn out to be a maniac who embarrasses the city. The city is also transient so much of the city supports other teams.

On top of all this raiders management has been asleep at the wheel since 1998. Ricky stuart histories greatest monster for all his faults woke management the f**k up.

So them trying literally anything that isnt out of some decrepit board members notebook of 1980s ideas is a good thing. We have a very low bar with raiders management to jump over to get a pat on the back here

Its a miracle they have any fans at all. Especially new fans. You get guys posting on the greenhouse who are twenty and im like wow you were born in 1997 and you support the raiders. Are you a lunatic ? Did alan tounge save you from a burning house ? Whats going on ?

Dude

Don't go telling us Sharks fans about sad footy clubs
We owned the title for 49 years.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So you all do it just to get more people to go the games?

And I was thinking it was done to motivate the players.

Why not both ?

I mean atmosphere is good for the players but it does make people more inclined to go to the match. Every game is telecasted live now days so nrl clubs need to sell a reason to go. Especially clubs who have to deal with the elements so rain in Sydney and cold in canberra

Raiderdave

First Grade

theyre arrogant f**ks Pete
Ive never come across a set of fans of a comp winning side that are such dreadful winners
Souths fans weren't like this
Dragons fans weren't
Manly fans
Roosters fans
all gracious winners

I guess when you're born losers & finally win something its a hard thing to handle it well lol

Latest posts