What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
and we need a sucessful Raiders more then we know
the Brumbies have died in the arse
they're gone

the plastic .. make believe franchise the AFL have concocted & will gift a .. flag ..to this year as a continuation of their aim to take over needs to be challenged down here in this area by our code
the Raiders are taking the victorian game .. head on .. down here & they're not doing too much wrong

well done Green Machine

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Canberras crowds have gone up 5k soon as the Viking clap came in

Sounds stupid.. But a tiny bit of fan engagement in a real not fake group event really does create atmosphere

The Ex player blowing the horn is great as well u can tell the players actually want to do it

Well done Raiders

I think also the fact that you probably see more away supporters travel down and get behind their team.

In the past if say a Sydney team was to play there and before you would get "Geez its cold down there, I cant be bothered travelling down there".

Now I reckon some supporters would say "Id like to be out there in the viking clap".

Plus with the Raiders winning their supporters have increased.

adamkungl

Immortal
Friday 6pm could have some staying power if they pick sensible teams/stadiums.

Not a fan of Thursday or Monday.

My current preferences is
2x Friday
3x Saturday
3x Sunday
With 4 day games every round.

The general fan preference is for Sunday arvo games over Saturday arvo due to junior footy.
Souths and Roosters might do better on Saturday with their juniors and A grade playing on Sunday.

insert.pause

First Grade
The NRL would only have to target a handful of Sydney games at ANZ each year and promote the crap out of it, have $5 GA, kids under 15 free etc, and they would increase the games season average by a few percent. They could also package those games up and sell it as a very affordable blockbuster membership.

It's too easy for the NRL to continue to do as they have always done.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
f**k that's a disappointing crowd today.

People just have not been buying into Sunday arvo games at ANZ or SFS for whatever reason. Bit of a worry crowds this year, looks to me that it will be hard to get over 14k average at this stage.

I would say that only radical change to fixturing and stadia will reverse what I can only see being a downwards trend for the foreseeable future.