What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Draw

As a paid up member of the warriors living in sydney i got an email from them yesterday asking would i be available to go to league HQ at moore park on thursday 24th for a special announcement from Greenberg

Im guessing this is when they will announce the draw. They are hoping to get about a dozen fans from each club along decked out in their gears

Diesel

Referee
Hope they do away with teams playing each other twice in like 5-6 weeks
Doubt it, that's a NRL speciality

It's not that hard from an outsider looking in to play 15 different teams in the first 15 games than play 9 teams you've already played that year afterwards

Then next year, play 6 of the 9 teams you didn't play twice last year and have the 3 other games made up of teams that are big drawing and rivals.

siv

First Grade

It's not that hard from an outsider looking in to play 15 different teams in the first 15 games than play 9 teams you've already played that year afterwards

Then next year, play 6 of the 9 teams you didn't play twice last year and have the 3 other games made up of teams that are big drawing and rivals.

Its the bye rounds and broadcaster demands that cause the issues

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Bye rounds, club requests and venue availability mean it's nowhere near as easy as it might seem.

Personally I hate when two teams have played twice within the first couple of months but I can see why it happens.

Pommy

Coach
Too early for predictions?

Thu Sharks Broncos 15k
Fri Dogs Storm (Belmore, 6pm) 13k
Souths Tigers (ANZ) 16k
Sat Warriors Dragons 17k
Titans Roosters 14k
Cowboys Raiders 17k
Sun Manly Eels 4pm 16k
Panthers Knights 6pm 15k

Can't see 13k at Belmore by 6pm on a Friday.

Marlins

Juniors
Can't see 13k at Belmore by 6pm on a Friday.
It will be interesting to see the attendance figures & tv ratings for the 6pmFri games. Being the 1st game of the year & at belmore I think anything under 15k would be a failure I'm expecting 17k

Pommy

Coach
It will be interesting to see the attendance figures & tv ratings for the 6pmFri games. Being the 1st game of the year & at belmore I think anything under 15k would be a failure I'm expecting 17k

Sydney traffic on a Friday afternoon is a nightmare. I don't know what the NRL are thinking. With an out of city team as well.

Lambretta

First Grade
Sydney traffic on a Friday afternoon is a nightmare. I don't know what the NRL are thinking. With an out of city team as well.

It's right next to Belmore train station
Anyone working in the City catches a train, so you'd catch the train straight to Belmore from the CBD
That takes 10 minutes

If you finish work by 5pm on a Friday you've plenty of time to make it there

Diesel

Referee
Ratings on TV will be lower for the first month as I don't know many people is Brisbane that are home or at a pub for a 5pm KO

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's right next to Belmore train station
Anyone working in the City catches a train, so you'd catch the train straight to Belmore from the CBD
That takes 10 minutes

If you finish work by 5pm on a Friday you've plenty of time to make it there
While I agree with this, there are literally two games at Belmore all year - the other probably not Fri 6pm, and its one of a handful of stadia next to a train station.

And it also relies on trains running properly which isn't always the case

Panfas

Juniors
It takes 21-25 minutes to get from Central to Belmore, depending on the number of stops. There are MANY workers in Sydney that finish work before 5PM. When I worked in the city, I was one of them. I would get to Central station about 4.30PM and it the place was packed.

Depart Central | Arrive Belmore | Time
4.09PM | 4.34PM | 25mins
4.39PM | 5.04PM | 25mins
5.09PM | 5.25PM | 21mins
5.24PM | 5.45PM | 21mins

Also, the game is in 4 months time. If you are working that day and want to go but you cant make it after work, then apply for annual leave or use one of the many other options available to you. Many (but obviously not all) have time in lieu available to them.

Also, are people forgetting that not everyone works in an office? A good number of rugby league supporters are tradies. Tradies, with the very nature of their work (wages and not salary etc) tend to finish early on Fridays (yes, again not all..). They finish what, 2, 3 or 4PM? Gives them plenty of time to get to the game.

Latest posts