What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Draw

Valheru

Coach
The current interest in Rugby League is the Four Nations, why double up on that during the tournament when it can be released after the final and give the NRL leverage all the way to early December.

Please...

It's limited interest at best. If it was in Australia I may agree with you, as it stands I know a heap of people who regularly follow the NRL who aren't even aware the 4 nations is on.

There is no reason for the draw not to be out yet. You watch them release it on day one of the Adelaide test or something equally as ridiculous.

Generalzod

Immortal
so should the opening round look like

there was some dicussion elsewhere on who should get to open the season
some suggested the premiers the sharks
on the Thursday night against the Raiders :

this would be a good opener

Thurs; Remondis 8pm Sharks V Raiders

the rest of the round ??
You where close Raiderdave

chahrour123

Juniors
Lets be honest though Souths vs. Tigers in round 1 is better than Souths v Tigers in round 20 if both teams are doing crap or 1 team is doing crap. At least round 1 will mean fans will pile in at ANZ Stadium on the back of this Farah v Tigers feud. I think if the weather is good than you can forget about the 20-25k who turn up to the Rabbitohs v Roosters at Allianz. This game will get 35k+ hopefully 40k+ which will mean with Sharks getting 19k at Shark park on Thursday and 40k or so on Friday that's 60k give or take for 2 games without Titans or Eels playing also at Cbus or ANZ which will also get the 20k or so for each game. That is great and well done on the NRL in doing this and using this as momentum. #SMART

chahrour123

Juniors
Lol NRL milking this Farah Vs Tigers bullshit for all it's worth

So they should use this as momentum and counter on this. Look at AFL and especially A-League they milk this Cahil and City situation when really City are terrible in attracting crowds with or without Cahill but they need him to help them get a few more thousands and this Farah feud + Idris returning will get Thousands extra.

Raiderdave

First Grade
We whinge there's not enough build up to some games
We whinge when there is build up to some games.

The comp can become a little sterile without a bit of hype manufactured or otherwise.

The AFL has built an industry on this type of thing with every 2nd game billed as a blockbuster or grudge match.

While our fans are less gullible then those brain washed dopes south of the Murray , a bit of harmless billing is probably what the NRL needs more of.

chahrour123

Juniors
We whinge there's not enough build up to some games
We whinge when there is build up to some games.

The comp can become a little sterile without a bit of hype manufactured or otherwise.

The AFL has built an industry on this type of thing with every 2nd game billed as a blockbuster or grudge match.

While our fans are less gullible then those brain washed dopes south of the Murray , a bit of harmless billing is probably what the NRL needs more of.

Thank you ^. Friday night round 1 i already can't wait for it and that's how most games should be now.

Arnold

Juniors
It's geographically close to these places

• Endeavour Field
  • Ronson Oval
  • Caltex Field
  • Shark Park
  • Toyota Park
  • Toyota Stadium
  • LG Park
  • Shark Stadium
  • Southern Cross Group Stadium

Oh you mean the ground we OWN? I get it

On a side note is that list from wiki? Cos 4 of them aren't real.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Amateur hour again at the NRL. All and sundry knew the AFL draw was coming out last week, because it always comes out last week of October. In the intervening month since their GF they released titbits of the draw keeping interest up.

Meanwhile we have no clear date for a schedule release and not one single piece of information regarding the draw has been mentioned yet. Our players are back for pre-season training and no one knows where and when their first match will be. I can't think of any other professional competition in the world that does this. It is about as well organised as the shute shield draw.

Give them a break, it was probably only a couple of week ago that they realized that the competition was going to have to take place again next year. Seriously who was to know? They may even work out what the salary cap will be for 2018 and beyond sometime late next year, well after all contracts should have been negotiated.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Please...

It's limited interest at best. If it was in Australia I may agree with you, as it stands I know a heap of people who regularly follow the NRL who aren't even aware the 4 nations is on.

There is no reason for the draw not to be out yet. You watch them release it on day one of the Adelaide test or something equally as ridiculous.
It'll be out when it's out. It's been out at the end of November the last few years (I think one year it fell into December?), and Greenberg has indicated this is the case again.

I see your quoting of my posts conveniently chopped out the part about getting it right and venue availability, because God forbid you acknowledge a valid point...

Band On The Run

Juniors
Hoping for selfish reasons we have an away game against the Knights in Rd 1 on a Saturday night

Expecting Sharks away Rd 1 Thursday night for some reason

Band On The Run

Juniors
Hoping for selfish reasons we have an away game against the Knights in Rd 1 on a Saturday night

Expecting Sharks away Rd 1 Thursday night for some reason
Just saw this article after posting that

Only the first round free-to-air games have been locked in at this stage.

The Cronulla Sharks will be delighted to get the opening game of the season at home to kick-off their 50-year premiership celebrations against the Broncos.

Latest posts