What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Where are Dragons Home Games in 2017?

4 at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

4 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

2 at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park

1 at Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

1 at Allianz Stadium, Moore Park

Pulled this off the Dragons site

FlameThrower

Bench
Where are Dragons Home Games in 2017?

4 at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah

4 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

2 at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park

1 at Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

1 at Allianz Stadium, Moore Park

Pulled this off the Dragons site
Plus Hawaii...but seriously how can 5 home grounds like this build any sense of fortress like atmooshere? Surely this should be one of the 1st things sorted out if we do need to play outside of Wollongong and Kogarah then settle just on 1 abs that should be Alliance.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Membership now at 6,254

Renewals close next Thursday (3rd) and I can see the "club" pushing it over the 8 or 9k mark wether true or not (aka cooking the books) just to make themselves look good and saying "we had a rush in the final few days of very dedicated supporters (bullocks!).

They basically have a week to release some "good news" that will encourage membership, but their thinking and our thinking will never meet.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Wake up and pay your membership.Why punish the players and our club because of a silly Board and int Coach.
I for one will be paying my famiy membership for 2017.

You can still go to the games without being a member.. do you think membership money pays players wages? The Nrl does that .. the board needs to be hit at the hip pocket.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Dont renew your membership! Membership sales have nothing to do with supporting the players ill be going to every home game next year like i did last year ill support the team all the way but i refuse to throw money at a club with no direction.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Membership now at 6,254

Renewals close next Thursday (3rd) and I can see the "club" pushing it over the 8 or 9k mark wether true or not (aka cooking the books) just to make themselves look good and saying "we had a rush in the final few days of very dedicated supporters (bullocks!).

They basically have a week to release some "good news" that will encourage membership, but their thinking and our thinking will never meet.
2014: 19,000
2015: 18,000
2016: 17,000
2017: 6,000+

Key Dates
4 Oct 2016 2017 Memberships on sale
13 Oct 2016 Cut Off for Rolling Renewal Changes (Full Payment Rolling Renewals and Monthly Payment Rolling Renewals)
17 Oct 2016 Rolling Renewal Monthly Payments Commence
19 Oct 2016 Rolling Renewal Full Payments Processed
3 Nov 2016 Renewal Deadline

Sources:
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/10/21/show_your_passion_march_with_us_in_2015.html
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/09/11/_2016_red_v_membersh.html
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/07/19/red_v_member_update.html
http://www.marchwithus.com.au/faqs

There are a number of Red V packages available. I'd be interested to know the breakdown of the packages purchased.
In particular...
How many were for only merchandise ie non-ticketed? How many only for Kogarah season tickets? How many W'gong season tickets? How many for just the neutral venues? How many for the total package?

To my knowledge, front office has never released any such breakdown. Surely, this should be in the Financial Report of the JV's AGM.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It is close of business in Sydney and the renewal deadline of November 3rd is done and dusted.

Membership on the Red V website is 7,834.
It remains to be seen how much will be added to this figure in an effort to get close to the average of 18000 in the previous 3 years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Btw... On reading the Red V website to get the latest figures, I stumbled across the terms and conditions.

And I'm not sure if everyone here qualifies anyway...

Under the sections entitled Code of Conduct (excerpts):

- We will not publicly criticise the Dragons in a demeaning or derogatory manner regarding team selection, coaching, player contracts, and other decisions made by the administration.
- We recognise the efforts of the players as playing to the best of their ability in an effort to win each and every game.
- Advise the Club of any people not complying with the Code of Conduct.

OK, fess up...who here has dobbed someone in?

Btw... On reading the Red V website to get the latest figures, I stumbled across the terms and conditions.

- We will not publicly criticise the Dragons in a demeaning or derogatory manner regarding team selection, coaching, player contracts, and other decisions made by the administration.
- We recognise the efforts of the players as playing to the best of their ability in an effort to win each and every game.

Sh!t, we r all in trouble if that's the case.
Membership back down to zero :joy:.

Old Timer

Coach

Does anyone know if other clubs memberships have these types of terms and conditions?
Does anyone know if any other clubs have any membership qualifying periods re voting rights?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Does anyone know if other clubs memberships have these types of terms and conditions?
I don't know about other clubs but I have bought non-RL products before and never seen T&Cs where the customer is:
1. not allowed to say the product is rubbish, and
2. is expected to dob in anyone else who says the product is rubbish.

You couldn't write this shit... oh hang on, apparently you can. lol

In my opinion, the Club is trying to have it both ways. Firstly, they want us to be customers who buy their brand thereby parting with our hard-earned money. And secondly, they want us to be one-eyed supporters who blindly follow their lead regardless of the obvious shortcomings.

But the elephant in the room is this: the fact that the authors of the T&Cs feel compelled to include these unfortunate 'Code of Conduct' clauses in the first place.
Does anyone know if any other clubs have any membership qualifying periods re voting rights?
I think you are referring to the Leagues Club, which is entirely different. Red V members can't vote on anything.

Old Timer

Coach
Willow
I understand the difference just wondering if other clubs make people wait for voting rights re their actual club membership.
It seems totally unrealistic in 2016 that you have to sign away your rights to obtain Red V membership and then wait for voting rights despite being a full paid member of the main club.
One would think both are restrictive in nature but of course the club would say if you don't like it join another club.
Somebody earlier quoted ACCC legislation to the club and they responded accordingly but surely if no other clubs do this shit then it must be considered / interpreted as restrictive?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes again, the Club wants it both ways. They want to run a profitable business but expect the customers to adhere to their rules.

It's pretty simply imo... stop treating us like customers to be pushed around, and start respecting us like loyal supporters, ie listen and give the fans a real vote - this will result in more of us proudly referring to the Club as "we".

Do this, and the Club will see an increase in financial membership regardless of where the team are travelling on the ladder.

imo.

I'm not renewing. I want the club to do well but I don't believe it is acting in its best interest. I re-read the "apology" letter that states this years Performance was not good enough but proceeds to not really do anything to correct the cause of the problem except pass blame to others. I read again about the stupid consult group that has no real power but exists in part to improve the coaches performance and still have disbelief over the statement that P McGregor is a good coach, although they have just brought a team in because he isn't a good coach!?
I just can't support a club hierarchy that knows the coach is not good enough, acknowledges the performance of the team is below acceptable standards, but continues with everything the same anyway.
I love my club - I hate what they are doing to it.
I want my team to do well - but they play footy that is boring to watch
I have hope for the players - the coach has proven to kill all hope.

When McGregor is removed from his position as coach I'll reconsider my financial support of the club as a member. I do not support him or what the board is doing to the club. As I don't have the power to vote in the board this appears the best way for me to make a statement against the club commitment to "jobs for the boys" & acceptance of poor performance.
Well written Dea.
I'm shattered JD left, I can't blame him, but I honestly thought after the first 6 games of poor performance. The new care taker coach would step in (JD) and we'd be set for the next 10 years.
I thought he'd be thinking the same... but he obviously knows something we don't???
Has the club got someone else lined up???
Do I dare to think our board has a plan in place???
I heard Mick Potters name mentioned... I'd be happy with that, so long as Matty Head was his assistant. We'd be playing real footy again. Something to be positive about.
Above all, a team my son could be proud of and cheer on.
Oh, did I mention we live in Qld. Could you imagine how much crap my son who loves the Dragons puts up with!
The new membership (for interstate) has changed and doesn't even include a ticket to a game anymore... Not impressed.
We drove 300km round trip to meet the dragons at the Wynnum Manly meet and greet. The players were awesome. My son has a new favourite player (mate) in Russell Packer.
We did the trip again the following night to watch the trial, 3 generations of dragons supporters, something I'll cherish.
So... I'm confident in the team we have, but unfortunately, as much as I wanted Mary to succeed, it just hasn't happened.
Time to listen to the fans. We need a change.
Sorry all for my long winded post. But I needed to vent.
Cheers and go the Mighty Dragons!!!

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Well written Dea.
I'm shattered JD left, I can't blame him, but I honestly thought after the first 6 games of poor performance. The new care taker coach would step in (JD) and we'd be set for the next 10 years.
I thought he'd be thinking the same... but he obviously knows something we don't???
Has the club got someone else lined up???
Do I dare to think our board has a plan in place???
I heard Mick Potters name mentioned... I'd be happy with that, so long as Matty Head was his assistant. We'd be playing real footy again. Something to be positive about.
Above all, a team my son could be proud of and cheer on.
Oh, did I mention we live in Qld. Could you imagine how much crap my son who loves the Dragons puts up with!
The new membership (for interstate) has changed and doesn't even include a ticket to a game anymore... Not impressed.
We drove 300km round trip to meet the dragons at the Wynnum Manly meet and greet. The players were awesome. My son has a new favourite player (mate) in Russell Packer.
We did the trip again the following night to watch the trial, 3 generations of dragons supporters, something I'll cherish.
So... I'm confident in the team we have, but unfortunately, as much as I wanted Mary to succeed, it just hasn't happened.
Time to listen to the fans. We need a change.
Sorry all for my long winded post. But I needed to vent.
Cheers and go the Mighty Dragons!!!

Not renewing membership sends a strong statement. As a few have mentioned you can still buy tickets to the games.

If they sack McGreedy, I would like a commitment by everyone that we would put the "house full" sign up at both the next Kogarah and WIN home games - we could post that commitment in the papers.

glenndragon

Juniors
I'm keeping my cash in my pocket until I see whom they replace him with.......
I concur...my "guilt" of not renewing my membership until a new 1st grade coach is appointed, is diminished somewhat by contributing to the sports package on foxtel....realistically without 3rd party payments and a leagues club that gives very little, the club then has to rely on the broadcasting rights that channel 9, foxtel, mmm etc pays the nrl. Due to being an old bastard it's taken me a long time to forgive what foxtel did re super league....Knowing I'm clutching a straws, however, I sleep much better at night, knowing at least a few penny's of the hard earned goes to to club. Change to coach and I promise I'll do better.

Latest posts