What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

Lethal25

Juniors
You need to bear in mind Newcastle is a one team town, their supporters are rusted on more than most.

The Roosters only have around 600 signed up so far and they finished second last, that's a reasonable comparison to where we are. Supporters have absolutely voted by not renewing but IMO the comparison to Newcastle is a little skewed

BennyV

Referee
You need to bear in mind Newcastle is a one team town, their supporters are rusted on more than most.

The Roosters only have around 600 signed up so far and they finished second last, that's a reasonable comparison to where we are. Supporters have absolutely voted by not renewing but IMO the comparison to Newcastle is a little skewed
Lol...using Roosters as the yardstick for membership is ridiculous.

We have always had a far more rusted-on supporter base than anyone in Sydney. Roosters have always had a relatively small supporter base than most other Sydney clubs.

There's seriously no way around it - membership drop has happened, and it is the fault of the decision makers making shit decisions.

since77

Juniors

Last time I checked Dragons had bases in both Sydney & Wollongong. Makes the comparison more damning, not less.

Lethal25

Juniors
Lol...using Roosters as the yardstick for membership is ridiculous.

We have always had a far more rusted-on supporter base than anyone in Sydney. Roosters have always had a relatively small supporter base than most other Sydney clubs.

There's seriously no way around it - membership drop has happened, and it is the fault of the decision makers making shit decisions.
I think you missed my point a little here. You can't compare Newcastle being a one town team against Saints who are competing in a more flooded market. The Roosters comparison was because they had a shit season as did we

You're right to think there is no way to compare one team fairly against another on membership however, kind of the point I was attempting to make.

Saintsified

Bench
Paying our membership is a bit like being a stakeholder, which generally gets you some say in the stake. I will not be renewing membership because I, along with all my other stakeholders have been totally ignored by the board who in the meantime (along with the coach) are failing the company, yes company in a big way. Anywhere else they would have been outed long ago.
68426702.jpg

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Can't believe it's that high...are these auto renewals or something...makes no sense to me...

This may help explain

Key Dates

4 Oct 2016 2016 Memberships on sale

13 Oct 2016 Cut Off for Rolling Renewal Changes (Full Payment Rolling Renewals and Monthly Payment Rolling Renewals)

17 Oct 2016 Rolling Renewal Monthly Payments Commence

19 Oct 2016
Rolling Renewal Full Payments Processed
3 Nov 2016 Renewal Deadline

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
For those that have made the decision to renew, are there any of us who don't like the colours chosen for next year's cap (I.e. predominately black)?

I remember a time when 'red and white' used to play a significant part in the Dragons' identity (let alone any other club).

Nowadays, it seems as though the Club wants to pay homage to the former North Sydney Bears while acquiescing to the Sydney Swans.

Can anyone think of any other NRL team that markets itself so heavily using non traditional means?

I can't.

since77

Juniors
Can anyone think of any other NRL team that markets itself so heavily using non traditional means?

I can't.

Penrith for one - are they brown, black or pink?

Last few Newcastle colour cycles have been been pretty dodgy too - are they blue, red or that ugly orange abomination they trotted out in last season.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Penrith for one - are they brown, black or pink?

Last few Newcastle colour cycles have been been pretty dodgy too - are they blue, red or that ugly orange abomination they trotted out in last season.

Fair point, but I mean from a regular, marketing perspective.

Penrith went away from 'chocolate brown' circa 1990, and Newcastle's "orange abomination" is just a once off, annual thing.

TruSaint

Referee
For those that have made the decision to renew, are there any of us who don't like the colours chosen for next year's cap (I.e. predominately black)?

I remember a time when 'red and white' used to play a significant part in the Dragons' identity (let alone any other club).

Nowadays, it seems as though the Club wants to pay homage to the former North Sydney Bears while acquiescing to the Sydney Swans.

I can't.

where did u see the black Jimmy ?

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons Reach 5,000 Red V Members!
Fri 21st October, 03:00PM
A A

The St George Illawarra Dragons are proud to announce that they have passed through 5,000 Red V Members for the 2017 season, just over two weeks since the launch of the improved program.

By becoming a Red V Member you can belong, connect and commit to your Club, and become an integral part of the Dragons.

Thank you to all the Red V Members who have already renewed or are Marching With Us for the first time in 2017!

Here is what some of our Red V Members love about the program:

“I love my Red V Membership because it lets me feel like part of the team! I have been a member for nine years and will continue to be in the future! Also love the merchandise discounts and feeling like I am contributing the club the best way I can” (Ashley Allen).

“Being a part of an extended family and the great people you meet...” (Robyn Thimoson).

“Red V is all about great people coming together to show our mutual love for the Dragons through the highs and lows” (Alex Suttie).

“I love that it allows the family go to all games at a good price as well as get discounts on all our favorite gear” (Hayley Clarke).

Members Choice is back in 2017 – you can make your choice between the popular ISC Members Cap and the new and exclusive Dragons Member Scarf - or for the young at heart a Kids Pack with Bucket Hat, Drawstring sports bag, autograph book and lanyard.

New in 2017 is the option to purchase an additional Member Benefit Item – so if you love your ISC Member Cap but also want to keep warm with the Members scarf, you can select one and purchase the other as an additional item.

Don’t forget to select your Members Choice item purchasing your Red V Membership.

In 2017 the enhanced Red V program features improvements based directly on feedback from Members to deliver greater flexibility, increased value and an expanded loyalty program.

Exclusive Member benefits remain the foundation of Member investment, including the best value tickets, savings on merchandise, access to players, exclusive member events and exclusive benefit items together with all that is new in 2017.

There is a Red V Member package to suit everyone.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/10/21/dragons_reach_5_000_.af_news.html

There is a package to suit everyone...No there isn't..where is the JD coach package/Mary gone package.

Latest posts