What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Prelim Final, Sat - Roosters 16-29 Cowboys @ Allianz

Finals Week 3: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OVP

Coach
*I'm sure uncle nick has something to do with it...

Oh I'm sure your sure of it Meth-head Joe. So the 3 previous times we finished minor premier, Uncle Nick deliberately sabotaged the draw to hinder us. Riiiight. Look I don't think Meth really suits your style man, ever tried that krokodil shit ?

GongPanther

Referee
The teams match up well and the Cows don't need to rely on the ref so much (unlike Penrith Manly Cronulla) to score points.
Should be a great game.

My comment (and I'll make it a "NRL loves Roosters conspiracy" because that what we do here)
Why dose the team who finished second (Roosters) get to play the team who came eighth (Cowboys)?
While first (Storm) plays the team who finished 3rd(Broncos)?!
Even if the eels won, forth would still play second meaning all advantage from been top seed is lost after week one.
It make you realise that this afl system the NRL copied is f@cked and pretty much shows the level of dumb that walks the halls of our major sporting codes.
It's always wise to be after an event.This is why we would have been on an easier finals draw if we came 8th.

But anyway,I'm going for Easts.Have been my soft spot side for many years,and in reality,the only side that has the ammunition to trouble the Mexicans.

Nth Qld will be tiring badly in the latter stages of this contest,although will do their fans proud of their exemplary efforts this season.

Easts 34-18.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Cowboys are very gutsy but the Roosters are much better than the Eels,they should edge them by 4 points in a close contest.

Grapple

Bench
I'm keen to see how the Roosters play the interchange because Cowboys really use it well, especially if they build a lead - which just makes Taumalolo more devastating.
I think Roosters have the defensive effort to pressure Morgan though, especially being well rested. Morgan took an age to control his kicking game last night as The Eels gave him way too much room.

I'd really like to see Morgan and Coote go after Ferguson with those 40/20's though.

Roosters 19
Cowboys 12

TheFrog

Coach
Refused to join Super League instead of selling their soul to Rupert and as a result picked up a Loyal coach and future immortal?
The Roosters weren't being booted out of the comp, why would they join Super League?

SBD82

Coach
Ive got my ticket and I've boarded the cowboys bandwagon.

Cows by 8. Michael Morgan to show Mitchell Pearce what a real halfback looks like in a big game.

King hit

Coach
I hope fox league puts on the 2004 preliminary final which the Roosters won 19-16 during the week. Would love to see that game again. Ironically I was in Toowoomba watching that game in 2004 and I will be there again on Saturday night.

Tommy Smith

Referee
We beat the same Cowboys team in rnd 21 (only missing Fensom) despite missing Lord Cordner, Jake Friend and Michael Gordon.

Just the addition of Cordner is enormous for us. He may well be a God - similar to Thor - as we've only lost 4 games this year where he's played.

His addition makes us a 10pt better team, let alone adding Friend and Gordon. So if we beat the Cows without them then if we play disciplined footy I say we win by 10.

We beat the same Cowboys team in rnd 21 (only missing Fensom) despite missing Lord Cordner, Jake Friend and Michael Gordon.

Just the addition of Cordner is enormous for us. He may well be a God - similar to Thor - as we've only lost 4 games this year where he's played.

His addition makes us a 10pt better team, let alone adding Friend and Gordon. So if we beat the Cows without them then if we play disciplined footy I say we win by 10.
After the destroying SST gave Taumalolo last time, imagine Cordner coming in on top of that.

We've already won the battle and the war.

The teams match up well and the Cows don't need to rely on the ref so much (unlike Penrith Manly Cronulla) to score points.
Should be a great game.

My comment (and I'll make it a "NRL loves Roosters conspiracy" because that what we do here)
Why dose the team who finished second (Roosters) get to play the team who came eighth (Cowboys)?
While first (Storm) plays the team who finished 3rd(Broncos)?!
Even if the eels won, forth would still play second meaning all advantage from been top seed is lost after week one.
It make you realise that this afl system the NRL copied is f@cked and pretty much shows the level of dumb that walks the halls of our major sporting codes.

Nope. The finals set up was changed to the current one due all the people whingeing over the McIntyre system: how they could not understand it; how teams 3 and/or 4 could go out the first week of the finals; how it made it too easy for thee lower ranked teams to make the finals etc etc.

Danoz Direct

Juniors

Problem is your team seems incapably of playing disciplined footy.