What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R7 Sun - Panthers 2-28 Sharks @ Pepper

Round 7: Panthers v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munted

Bench
Like Moylan after Lewis clobbered him,. I just get up and play on.

Not surprised a Sharks supporter would be OK with illegal hits that put players in hospital given this club's recent behaviour.
Sharkies love an illegal hit (of peptides) lul

The one on Martin, who was not in possession at the time, that put him out for the season.
Oh ok. Well no one likes to see players get injured least of all season ending.

I don't remember the hit, but seriously the NRL are idiots. Slap someone and your in trouble, end their season and all good.

A bit over all the weird shit they do

pandas

Juniors
I hope this is good as the game last year when these two sides met on the Anzac day weekend, what a game that was. At Shark Park and Sharks had won quite a few on the trot but Panthers played very well despite losing Te Maire and Blake during the match. Fish had a monster of a game with 2 tries and some awesome runs. We missed a couple of conversions including a Soward miss in the dying minutes to tie the game. Hopefully Panthers get up for this, I think it's a must win if they want to do anything this year. The forwards need to show some grunt which is why I would've thought guys like Akauola & Kikau might have been good selections. I'm still holding onto faith that Hook gets it right, but a positive attitude from Panthers fans is a little scarce atm

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I hope this is good as the game last year when these two sides met on the Anzac day weekend, what a game that was. At Shark Park and Sharks had won quite a few on trot but Panthers played very well despite losing Te Maire and Blake during the match. Fish had a monster of a game with 2 tries and some awesome runs. We missed a couple of conversions including a Soward miss in the dying minutes to tie the game. Hopefully Panthers get up for this, I think it's a must win if they want to do anything this year. The forwards need to show some grunt which is why I would've thought guys like Akauola & Kikau might have been good selections. I'm still holding onto faith that Hook gets it right, but a positive attitude from Panthers fans is a little scarce atm

The Soward miss, the bad one was the miss on Holmes who ran 60 meters to score after it. That was the game right there if I rememebr

wibble

Bench
Like Moylan after Lewis clobbered him,. I just get up and play on.

Not surprised a Sharks supporter would be OK with illegal hits that put players in hospital given this club's recent behaviour.

So not like TMM then :p

wibble

Bench
Oh ok. Well no one likes to see players get injured least of all season ending.

I don't remember the hit, but seriously the NRL are idiots. Slap someone and your in trouble, end their season and all good.

A bit over all the weird shit they do

Panthers were brave that night, probably out played us, but just lost with one or two bad missed tackles. All after losing 2 players in the first half.

It was a shame for TMM, but the Panthers halves evolved well last season with the fade out of Soward and Cartwright getting stints, and Cleary coming in as the best solution, so it may have been a blessing in disguise for the club.

But don't get too worked up over TheFrog's tears. Obviously TheFrog has never had a kind thing to say about the Sharks anyway, and will care about as much about my "Wibbling" as Sharks fans will about his/her croaking.

But if you watch the Holmes hit on TMM you'll see slapping someone is a much worse offense. There was absolutely nothing in the incident, which is why no fuss was ever made over it.

I hope we do "illegal" hits like that all day today (well, during the game), as that is good defense, puts a team off their game, punishes them for mistakes and forces mistakes, and despite TheFrogs protestations, hits like that are no chance of being penalised.

wibble

Bench
There was no greater moment in Rugby League than watching Ennis mock that geniused "viking clap"

I've said this in the Canberra/Warriors match thread, but the Viking clap is great for Rugby League.

As was Ennis' mocking of it.

As was Stuart's complaints about Ennis.

Anything that gets people passionate about the sport, even if the passion spills over into using "geniused" as a derogatory label....

Even Frog's tanty is good for league, it is a sign of passion, and fans throwing mud at each other is part of the joy, since in Rugby League we don't need fences or machine guns to keep the banter on the friendlier side of violent.

MilkShark

First Grade
Ennis was a funny f**k and his clapping in Canberra was one of the best thing ive ever seen but 20 years ago his career would have lasted 10mins before his jaw was broken. He and Reynolds are the result of this no punch rule nonsense. Awful look for the game........almost at AFL levels now
Chambers also.

MilkShark

First Grade
lol OK mate. He's a dogshover. Point is, the tackle looks good on the highlight reels, but Moylan wasn't hurt and Ennis made the whole thing a waste of time. Ironically Ennis is Moylan's biggest fan on Fox. It's almost embarrassing.
For the record, I have nothing but respect for Luke Lewis.
You do understand if Ennis is tapping you on the head and trying to get under your skin is a sign of respect.

Munted

Bench
You do understand if Ennis is tapping you on the head and trying to get under your skin is a sign of respect.
Nah, that's the justification merkins use to excuse Ennis behaviour.
Haven't seen Cooper Cronk carry on like a peanut in order to respect players, just gets on and does his thing.

Latest posts