What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Saint Doc

Coach
Press the channel up button on fox if you want to see what an empty GIO stadium looks like.

I can’t believe the brumbies used to average over 20,000. There’s lucky to be 2000 there

Reactions: Vee

Jamberoo

Juniors
Storm should not be playing home games interstate.
Had to laugh - some people I know went to their first Storm game earlier this season and loved it. I was working today and saw their mum around 4pm who said that the kids were ‘on the train into the city for the Rugby’. When I said, Do you mean Melbourne Storm? she said ‘yes, it starts at 5.30pm’.
Looking at the fixture it is an easy mistake to make, to assume home games would be in Melbourne. Playing games interstate is not way to grow the game here.

azza29

Juniors
Looking at the fixture it is an easy mistake to make, to assume home games would be in Melbourne. Playing games interstate is not way to grow the game here.
It makes more sense than the one they took to Nelson, but generally agree. Take a game to Geelong, or even Tasmania, at least there’s potential for growth there.

Only other real option is Sunshine Coast, given the SC Lightning connection, but arguably that area has plenty of RL exposure already.

Mister M

Juniors
Storm Titans in Melbourne - 13k at best
Manly Broncos in Sydney - 11k

If it beats 24k it’s still probably a win for crowds

With a 5:30pm Saturday game in Melbourne the Storm would've got 16k+. Outside of the Warriors games no away team really pulls much of an extra crowd so it doesn't matter who plays us; it all depends on the times lot.

A 5:30pm game in Melbourne with no direct AFL competition would easily pull 16k considering we got 18k to our last home game on a Saturday night.

carcharias

Immortal
Had to laugh - some people I know went to their first Storm game earlier this season and loved it. I was working today and saw their mum around 4pm who said that the kids were ‘on the train into the city for the Rugby’. When I said, Do you mean Melbourne Storm? she said ‘yes, it starts at 5.30pm’.

Well
Victorians are a simple people.
They get 50k to training
So a couple of hundred to a game that isn’t getting played is definitely not out of the question.
I bet they stayed until the end too.

Raiderdave

First Grade
5200. Must have all been on the camera side :cool:

their 2nd smallest crowd ever , apparently they got 4000 in 1999 in pouring rain
anyway , that's poor.
Hopefully theres a big crowd this afternoon for the Raiders but I think mothers day will have an effect , speaking to a lot of regulars , they're not going because of it
so probs 12 to 13K

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well
Victorians are a simple people.
They get 50k to training
So a couple of hundred to a game that isn’t getting played is definitely not out of the question.
I bet they stayed until the end too.

they're downright dumb
remember when they put a replay of the previous years GF on TV down there & they all thought it was that years LOL
and the fact the morons still can't differentiate between union & league is astounding

F'ing twits

Jamberoo

Juniors
they're downright dumb
remember when they put a replay of the previous years GF on TV down there & they all thought it was that years LOL
and the fact the morons still can't differentiate between union & league is astounding

F'ing twits
Yes very amusing but it is hard to know about things you have not been exposed to and have zero interest in.
I might have watched 2 - 3 hours of RU in my life. The Johnny Wilkinson game I saw the end of that. Can’t stand the sport. Holds zero interest. Besides 15 players and the throw ins and the fact that it looks like a total mess, I would have no idea what the other differences are. If I was not from Victoria I would obviously know all about RU like you lucky blokes from up north.

Chook Norris

First Grade
they're downright dumb

F'ing twits

Not just a Victorian problem.

My workplace (based in Sydney) has people from all over the country. Every single one outside of NSW of QLD has struggled with differentiating between union and league.

If they have no interest in 'rugby', they won't care.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not just a Victorian problem.

My workplace (based in Sydney) has people from all over the country. Every single one outside of NSW of QLD has struggled with differentiating between union and league.

If they have no interest in 'rugby', they won't care.

they don't call them the wasteland states for nothing

beave

Coach
Some of the broncos fans reaction to having to pay to go last night and thus refusing to go has made me chuckle a bit. Self entitled much?

carcharias

Immortal
Yes very amusing but it is hard to know about things you have not been exposed to and have zero interest in.
I might have watched 2 - 3 hours of RU in my life. The Johnny Wilkinson game I saw the end of that. Can’t stand the sport. Holds zero interest. Besides 15 players and the throw ins and the fact that it looks like a total mess, I would have no idea what the other differences are. If I was not from Victoria I would obviously know all about RU like you lucky blokes from up north.

Are you talking about union or AFL?

t-ba

Post Whore
Some of the broncos fans reaction to having to pay to go last night and thus refusing to go has made me chuckle a bit. Self entitled much?

It is an interesting conparison for all the crap put on Sydney fans not attending away games in Sydney hey?

beave

Coach
It is an interesting conparison for all the crap put on Sydney fans not attending away games in Sydney hey?

Even I went last night with my best mate who is a huge Manly fan (i sat in the manly supporters bay......). Why the f**k would you whinge about having to pay to see your team play an away/home game? Blows my mind. My team wasn’t even playing but footy is footy for f**ks sake.

Canard

Immortal
Even I went last night with my best mate who is a huge Manly fan (i sat in the manly supporters bay......). Why the f**k would you whinge about having to pay to see your team play an away/home game? Blows my mind. My team wasn’t even playing but footy is footy for f**ks sake.

Not to mention you still "pay" as a member, it's not like it's free.

beave

Coach
Not to mention you still "pay" as a member, it's not like it's free.

Plus seeing the Storm v GC play as well, there’s enough of an appetizer in that game alone to justify payment by the hard done-by Broncos fans having to pay for this game.

Getting to see Bryce Cartwright in person display his pea heart in that tackle right in front of me was worth the $40 alone.......

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
1000% agree