What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Vee

First Grade
It's not rugby crowd watch, stay on topic please PR.

Speaking of, some clarity - finally - on how the NRL counts double header crowds.

As a result, I've recalculated all the crowds and while it still doesn't match what the NRL says exactly, it seems to be more in the ballpark of the figures they talked about this week.

LINK: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2018-draw-results-crowd-stats.466998/
They're as silly as you are.

Typical of the snake-oil salesmen running our game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surely adding the total there and dividing the full round by 8 is the logical way, given we are in effect counting tickets sold and members turning up?
Well no, because for at least one club, if not both, members aren't entitled to entry.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
we've had 88 games played & the Average atm is 15,712
calling double headers events & using the attendance for the 2 games played only once
is misleading
Why? Only one ticket is purchased and dividing the crowd straight down the middle is absurd way of assigning attendance to each 'home club'.
They're as silly as you are.

Typical of the snake-oil salesmen running our game.
Oh no more hand wringing. How dare the administration try to make things seem positive.

It's almost like you think they should talk their own game and performance down LOL

Vee

First Grade
Oh no more hand wringing. How dare the administration try to make things seem positive.

It's almost like you think they should talk their own game and performance down LOL
I prefer integrity and transparency.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Why? Only one ticket is purchased and dividing the crowd straight down the middle is absurd way of assigning attendance to each 'home club'.

Number of games divided by total attendance
That's the only way to get a proper average

As some have said
Anything else is shonky... End of

Raiderdave

First Grade

Seem

LOL

Springs09

Juniors
It's average attendance per game, pretty simple.

When it comes to home crowd averages, the home teams of the double header can technically count the whole crowd, that's not a problem. The problem is when for the season crowd average we decide double headers are 'one event'. If that's the case then lets just have double headers in Sydney every weekend, that will get the crowd average up pretty quick.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's average attendance per game, pretty simple.

When it comes to home crowd averages, the home teams of the double header can technically count the whole crowd, that's not a problem. The problem is when for the season crowd average we decide double headers are 'one event'. If that's the case then lets just have double headers in Sydney every weekend, that will get the crowd average up pretty quick.

Or a magic weekend more often - 45k divided by 1 lol

Total crowd attendance divided by 8 per round, that is the only true figure, anything else is a fudge.

johnny plath

Juniors
Or a magic weekend more often - 45k divided by 1 lol

Total crowd attendance divided by 8 per round, that is the only true figure, anything else is a fudge.
So what is it that makes it a fudge. If I attend 2 games in a round, say SFS then Kogarah I get counted twice. If I attend 2 games, but they happen to be at the same venue, why should I not be counted twice. My ticket for the double header won't cost as much as going to 2 separate games, but it still costs more than a single, and I'm specifically making a point of attending 2 games, otherwise why the f**k would I waste my money just to go to one game of a double header that costs me more?

hutch

First Grade
It’s not as simple as dividing the total figure by the number of games. Sure, it is one way of doing it but that doesn’t mean the way the nrl have decided to report it is a “farce” as some people say. If for example there are 3 games at the one stadium on the one day and there are 25k people there for all 3 games, those games are each played in front of a 25k attendance.

I don’t know which way they should go, but either way crowds are up which is a good sign. And they’re not counting two 31k crowds for the Brisbane double header like that Mong buzz Rothfield claims (which he added up to 64k).

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
So what is it that makes it a fudge. If I attend 2 games in a round, say SFS then Kogarah I get counted twice. If I attend 2 games, but they happen to be at the same venue, why should I not be counted twice. My ticket for the double header won't cost as much as going to 2 separate games, but it still costs more than a single, and I'm specifically making a point of attending 2 games, otherwise why the f**k would I waste my money just to go to one game of a double header that costs me more?

do you know how an average works ?
double headers are 2 games ...... not 1

Raiderdave

First Grade
It’s not as simple as dividing the totosl figure by the number of games. Sure, it is one way of doing it but that doesn’t mean the way the nrl have decided to report it is a “farce” as some people say. If for example there are 3 games at the one stadium on the one day and there are 25k people there for all 3 games, those games are each played in front of a 25k attendance.

I don’t know which way they should go, but either way crowds are up which is a good sign. And they’re not counting two 31k crowds for the Brisbane double header like that Mong buzz Rothfield claims (which he added up to 64k).

they should divide the total attendance by the number of games played
& yes
it is that simple

Raiderdave

First Grade
It really isn’t though as there are multiple games on.
that doesn't mean squat when determining an average attendance for games played
its not an ... event average
I don't see that listed anywhere
its the average game attendance & that's worked out by the total divided by the number of games played

johnny plath

Juniors
that doesn't mean squat when determining an average attendance for games played
its not an ... event average
I don't see that listed anywhere
its the average game attendance & that's worked out by the total divided by the number of games played
Agree its not an event average. If i go to a double header i attend 2 games. Just because i don't leave my seat makes no difference. Im part of the average for game 1 and game 2. You're simple view says i only attended 1 game which is just wrong.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Agree its not an event average. If i go to a double header i attend 2 games. Just because i don't leave my seat makes no difference. Im part of the average for game 1 and game 2. You're simple view says i only attended 1 game which is just wrong.

no it doesn't
you attended 2 games , just because they're at the one event doesn't mean you get counted twice LOL

Latest posts