What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

taipan

Referee
My head's spinning.

Gee can we at least agree that a below average sport's journo Slothfield ,as usual failed in his printed comments on how crowds were worked,which is for him on average is par for the cpurse(oh sheet there we go again).
Crowds are up.is anyone smiling?

t-ba

Post Whore
My head's spinning.

Gee can we at least agree that a below average sport's journo Slothfield ,as usual failed in his printed comments on how crowds were worked,which is for him on average is par for the cpurse(oh sheet there we go again).

Wait this crowd is for tracking attendances?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
no it doesn't
you attended 2 games , just because they're at the one event doesn't mean you get counted twice LOL
You conveniently ignored the question posed to you.

Your suggestions splits double header crowds in half, essentially suggesting that each attendee only attended one game.

By that logic, if I attend any two games in a round, my attendance should not be counted at the second game.

franklin2323

Immortal

Your suggestions splits double header crowds in half, essentially suggesting that each attendee only attended one game.

By that logic, if I attend any two games in a round, my attendance should not be counted at the second game.

It is simple really. To attend every game that round you need 7 tickets. So crowd is by 7

Raiderdave

First Grade
My head's spinning.

they are indeed
even on the correct method of calculating an average , we are ahead of 2017

after 11 rounds in 2017 with 88 games played we'd had 1,346,848
at an average of 15,305
at the same time this year , we've had the same number of games played attended by 1,388,536 fans at an average of 15,722

Raiderdave

First Grade

hahahahaha
are you thick?

to get a proper transparent average , not dressed up to make things .... seem.. better ( your words)
its games divided by total attendance
its never been any different & any attempt to inflate the average through double headers should be called for what that is
pathetic

Raiderdave

First Grade
no wonder we're laughed at
whats next , lets match the AFL's average & play 4 double headers every week
if we told the world our average was 30K , would it be considered legitimate ?
of course it wouldn't LOL

JamesRustle

First Grade
Agree its not an event average. If i go to a double header i attend 2 games. Just because i don't leave my seat makes no difference. Im part of the average for game 1 and game 2. You're simple view says i only attended 1 game which is just wrong.
I went to the DH. After the 1st game I scanned out, went for a walk, got a feed then came back in for the 2nd game. I scanned back in with the 2nd barcode on my ticket. It felt like I went to 2 separate games so I want to be counted as an attendee for both games.

El Diablo

Post Whore
that doesn't mean squat when determining an average attendance for games played
its not an ... event average
I don't see that listed anywhere
its the average game attendance & that's worked out by the total divided by the number of games played
so you're saying concert crowd attendances should be divided by the number of songs they sing or they're fudging?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
even on the correct method of calculating an average
I keep hearing you use the word 'correct' like you're the authority on this but facts are, the NRL decides how its crowds are counted and they have publicised that.

Anything else is you trying to sound self-important :shrug:♂️