What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well considering I’m attending my 3rd Origin game in Melbourne tonight (Etihad in 2012, MCG in 2015 & tonight) you think I’d probably want to see it succeed. I’m part of the small ‘rusted on’ NRL fan base in Melbourne despite being born in Victoria. I’ve attended 90% of NRL games in the past decade (only really miss when it clashes with Richmond games or if it’s a Friday 6pm game). So maybe you need to reconsider your continual comparison of me to someone with a mental difficulty just because I think differently than you.

My points aren’t based off of any NRL figures, but off the MCG’s own ground predicated figure. The MCG always publishes it on their website the week of an event— tonight’s crowd is predicted to be 80k according to the MCG.

They also predicted last Saturday night (Dreamtime at the G) to be 86,000 and it ended up with just on 80k.

My points have nothing to do with my knowledge of NRL or Origin, but based off the patterns and knowledge I have about a ground that I attend on average 15-20 times a year. As a Richmond/AFL supporter, 5+ of those occasions are for crowds of a similar size.

Either they have sold the tickets for the stadium in a really unconventional manner (selling out level 4 before level 4) or I think personally they have inflated the crowd.

I’d love to be wrong, but that’s just what I’ve noticed as someone who knows the MCG.

oh I see
someone who knows the MCG eh
sorta like how you claimed you knew the .. Melbourne Market... & I didn't
& were a mile off with your crowd prediction in said market &, I was pretty close

that sorta knowledge ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Well considering I’m attending my 3rd Origin game in Melbourne tonight (Etihad in 2012, MCG in 2015 & tonight) you think I’d probably want to see it succeed. I’m part of the small ‘rusted on’ NRL fan base in Melbourne despite being born in Victoria. I’ve attended 90% of NRL games in the past decade (only really miss when it clashes with Richmond games or if it’s a Friday 6pm game). So maybe you need to reconsider your continual comparison of me to someone with a mental difficulty just because I think differently than you.

My points aren’t based off of any NRL figures, but off the MCG’s own ground predicated figure. The MCG always publishes it on their website the week of an event— tonight’s crowd is predicted to be 80k according to the MCG.

They also predicted last Saturday night (Dreamtime at the G) to be 86,000 and it ended up with just on 80k.

My points have nothing to do with my knowledge of NRL or Origin, but based off the patterns and knowledge I have about a ground that I attend on average 15-20 times a year. As a Richmond/AFL supporter, 5+ of those occasions are for crowds of a similar size.

Either they have sold the tickets for the stadium in a really unconventional manner (selling out level 4 before level 4) or I think personally they have inflated the crowd.

I’d love to be wrong, but that’s just what I’ve noticed as someone who knows the MCG.
yeah you know Mister Victorian lol

It looks high 80s to me. Over 85k.

Latest posts