What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
$15 restricted view seats. Not much to complain about from an attendance perspective inside the ground (although it wouldn't have killed them to provide the tackle count on the screen).

De_8JwTU0AA5SHh.jpg:large

Outside afterwards... not so good.

DfAfmnkUEAAPGqb.jpg:large

DfAvUN9U8AEFyzF.jpg:large

Zero crowd management, people standing for ages, no announcements or anything. Apparently at one point people were blocked from exiting Gate 7

greenBV4

Bench
although it wouldn't have killed them to provide the tackle count on the screen
this annoyed me to
DfAvUN9U8AEFyzF.jpg:large

Zero crowd management, people standing for ages, no announcements or anything. Apparently at one point people were blocked from exiting Gate 7
was stuck in this for a bit, escaped it by crossing the bridge to aami park and going around to the station from the other side

Raiderdave

First Grade
No Victorians are jealous of Origin. There is no NRL v AFL war here. The ‘war’ was created by Sydney journalists. We are all friends here in Victoria. There is no anomostity from AFL fans towards Storm or Origin. Tonight was great for Melbourne and great for RL.

Hahahaha
Spend 5 minutes on bigfoody & you'll see what an utterly ridiculous post that is

taipan

Referee
The crowd of 87,000 made Rothfield's earlier comment fearing a poor crowd as supposedly only 20,000 tickets sold, then being corrected/er humiliated as in fact least 50,000 sold ,as being an even bigger fool than he already displays to the public.
May his idiocy continue, as we all need a daily chuckle.

Whatever the numbers from Interstate and I read about 25,000 at least,the Vic Govt (who drops in a load of dosh),would be more than happy.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Suggesting individual opinions on BF are somehow representative of all AFL fans is exactly like saying the same about here and RL. It's not.
Exactly correct. Even those that aren't active supporters of NRL down here have a passing interest in the Storm and how they are going. I rarely hear anything negative towards the game and if they don't follow it then they say it and that's it. No vitriol or animosity, they just say they prefer AFL which is their prerogative. A great result last night for the game with a monster crowd in a city known for getting behind big events.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I think there’s a tiny pocket of hate for rl from afl fans. you only have to read the comments on any roar article on rugby league that has some discussion point and they come in spewing their shit, claiming they invented origin or they’re a bigger sport worldwide.

footy75

Bench
Exactly correct. Even those that aren't active supporters of NRL down here have a passing interest in the Storm and how they are going. I rarely hear anything negative towards the game and if they don't follow it then they say it and that's it. No vitriol or animosity, they just say they prefer AFL which is their prerogative. A great result last night for the game with a monster crowd in a city known for getting behind big events.

exactly... AFL fans either follow NRL or they don't.... all the hate comes from NRL fans towards the AFL... it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

As for AFL media no clue don't read the shit.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Suggesting individual opinions on BF are somehow representative of all AFL fans is exactly like saying the same about here and RL. It's not.
hardly an individual

they always have plenty of posters bagging the NRL. i think they even have a private members forum for it

they do the same for Soccer

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think there’s a tiny pocket of hate for rl from afl fans. you only have to read the comments on any roar article on rugby league that has some discussion point and they come in spewing their shit, claiming they invented origin or they’re a bigger sport worldwide.
Nobody is foolish enough to suggest that no fan of a code doesn't throw hate at other codes.
Suggesting it's a majority held opinion in Melbourne or amongst AFL supporters, however? Just not true.
hardly an individual

they always have plenty of posters bagging the NRL. i think they even have a private members forum for it

they do the same for Soccer
if you actually read the words I typed instead of the AFL-enraged steam filling your eyes, I said individual opinions. That plural suggests that yes, there would be multiple people on there who hold such opinions.

As above, it's not a majority or widespread opinion despite your reassurances.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Well victorians moving to sydney aren’t going to change teams, but they’ll still go to the SCG for their fortnightly fix of bogger action with fellow like minded stick insect lovers.
Nah, 90% of the crowd is in red.

Jamberoo

Juniors
I'm not one for the code wars and all that, but that is just BS...

AFL Jurnos and talking heads (and fans for that matter) are constantly comparing the AFL to NRL looking to aggrandise the AFL and/or deriding the NRL to make a point or deflect from an issue they are facing...
Not here in Melbourne.

taipan

Referee
exactly... AFL fans either follow NRL or they don't.... all the hate comes from NRL fans towards the AFL... it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

As for AFL media no clue don't read the shit.

With due respect think you need to read some(some) AFL fan's comments on the Roar, about the NRL and SOO and International rl. If that doesn''t exhibit hate, then Trump likes Hillary.
Of course that is not the majority viewpoint, but they are not backwards in coming forwards to bag rl at every opportunity.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Hahahaha
Spend 5 minutes on bigfoody & you'll see what an utterly ridiculous post that is
Just did.
There is not one mention of Oriigin on the main page apart from them saying it would be great if they brought back AFL Origin. No mention of NRL in their crowd thread. Unlike here where every third post mentions the AFL.

t-ba

Post Whore
Just did.
There is not one mention of Oriigin on the main page apart from them saying it would be great if they brought back AFL Origin. No mention of NRL in their crowd thread. Unlike here where every third post mentions the AFL.

It's been heavily moderated to get that effect. I've been posting on both for a very long time and 10-15 years ago they really started coming down heavily on codes wars stuff. It's largely self policing now.